Body Mass Index is extremely important when one wants to know their risk factors concerning obesity-related diseases. We’re guessing that you have calculated your BMI which is why you’re reading this. If you are not sure about how BMI is calculated, here’s how you can do it. The ratio of your height and weight is BMI! The range of your BMI can determine whether you’re healthy or obese. If your BMI is in the range of 18.5 to 24.5, you are at a normal weight which is also a healthy range. If the BMI is ranging from 25.0 to 29.9, then you are overweight and this weight can be controlled. Lastly, if you are in the range of 30.0 or more, then you are obese and need to start working on your health immediately. A higher BMI is not just unhealthy, it also puts you at a high risk of developing many diseases such as diabetes, heart problems, arthritis, and many more such lifestyle-related disorders. The good news here is that we have some tips to help you lower your BMI range quickly and become a healthy weight.
Steps to take to ensure your BMI is in optimum level:
- To lose weight and bring it into normal range, you will have to first calculate your BMI. Once you know what range you are in, you can set a long-term fixed plan to get to the optimum range.
- Exercising every day is a must! Hit the gym, go for a run, or else opt for a 40-minute walk every day. Do not skip a day of exercise unless you’re extremely unwell.
- Get some help. If you are obese, it is advisable to get professional help. Consult a wellness expert, practice yoga, get a personal trainer or get a friend to join in so that you are motivated.
- Learn about nutrition and how to plan meals. Find out what works for your body and how many calories you can have in a day. To make things easy for you, download and subscribe to Rati Beauty diet programs for elaborate and healthy meal plans. Do not go overboard with the diet, gradually start cutting down on bad habits like fried food, eating out, bad carbs. Other than this, control your portions and do not overeat. Make sure you have a healthy breakfast to start your day on a good note. Avoid carb-rich food at night.
- Be positive and talk to your doctor if you are having struggles. Work on your body for 6 months before giving up. Reaching goal weight is not difficult if you follow a healthy diet and remain active. Keep a track of your weight every month to calculate the changes in your BMI.
- Last but not the least, do an activity every day. If you are not a gym person, you can take up Zumba, dance, aerobics, Pilates, yoga, or play badminton. Anything that keeps your body active, works your muscles thoroughly, and keeps you moving is great for your whole system.
Note that BMI can fluctuate according to your weight. Every height has a certain weight limit. For example, if you are 5 feet 1 inch and weigh around 52 kgs, you are in the normal range. Once you are in the normal range, do not stop all the activities and healthy diet that got you there, as chances are high that you may bounce back to your previous weight. Body Mass Index must be maintained, not only for staying slim but also to keep several health issues at bay. It is always better to stay safe than sorry which is why we encourage you to take up a challenge for your wellbeing.
We promise you that in about a month, you will enjoy the changes in your body. All you have to do is stay dedicated and focused to achieve results. Once your BMI is in the normal range, work towards keeping it steady and adapt good eating habits as well as exercising daily.