Vaseline is widely used in each and every household as a handy remedy. Every women has Vaseline in her skincare stash. Every woman dreams of thick eyebrows that she can shape to perfection. From castor oil to to vitamin E, home remedies are tried and tested by women who have sparse brow hair. Since Vaseline is a multipurpose product that can give you long lashes, smooth out cuticles, give you soft feet, let’s find out if Vaseline can grow eyebrow hair. In short, let’s find the answer to this question, Can Vaseline Grow Eyebrows.
Can I use Vaseline on Eyebrows?
Yes, undoubtedly it is safe to use as a thick moisurizer like Vaseline around the eye area and eyebrows, as many products are not safe to be used around the eye area, but Vaseline is completely safe to use even on the eyelids, eyebrows, and the rest of the eye area.
Does Vaseline Help to Grow Eyebrows?
NO! Vaseline is an excellent moisturiser and is a clean form of petroleum jelly. Vaseline can do a lot of things, but growing eyebrow is NOT included in that list. Vaseline is a heavy occlusive moisturiser, but it’s not effective as a growth serum. It won’t grow eyebrows, but it will help them to be soft and shiny.
How Can I Grow Eyebrow Hair?
- Castor oil” Castor oil can encourage hair growth as it contains protein. Castor oil is a common home remedy to stimulate hair growth, even on the scalp. Since castor oil is a thick form of oil and it may irritate skin, you can mix it with almond oil by 50-50 ratio and apply on your eyebrows at bedtime daily.
- Olive oil or Coconut oil: Both of these oils are effective in locking in moisture and encouraging hair growth. The best part is that these are natural oils and are commonly found in every home. You can mix both of these oils and store in a container. To apply, simply pour 3-4 drops of oil on a cotton ball and apply on eyebrows and let it sit overnight. Wash with a cleanser in the morning.
- Eyebrow Growth Serum: These growth serums contain peptides and vitamins that encourage hair growth.
- Onion Juice- Onion juice contains sulfur, minerals, B vitamins, selenium and vitamin C, which are excellent to stimluate hair growth. Onion juice has been used in Ayurvedic hair growth tonics since ages in India, it aids in denser growth of eyebrow hair and hair follicles. You can apply onion juice to the eyebrows every alternate day.
- Eat Biotin rich foods: Consume healthy food, because it really helps to improve the overall health of skin, hair and body. Biotin is a vitamin that helps hair growth. You could also buy a Biotin supplement after checking with your doctor. You can eat eggs, dry fruits, avocados, salmon, fish and peanuts for a natural treatment of hair loss.
- Avoid over-plucking- Since you are aiming for denser eyebrows, avoid plucking/threading eyebrows for a couple of weeks. Plucking/waxing/threading eyebrows damages its hair follicle eternally and prevents hair from growing back. therefore it’s advised to avoid over- plucking.
Hope this article helps you achieve beautiful-looking brows. Stay beautiful inside out! Thanks for reading!