The Signature : A timeless shade of red nail colour, vibrant on any skin tone and inspired by the iconic sole of every Christian Louboutin shoe.
“The red sole was born from red nail polish. I am giving back to beauty what the shoes took from the nails many years ago.” –Christian Louboutin
The Cap : From the inside of the towering seven-inch calligraphy-inspired cap peeks out a flash of red—an echo of the color of the iconic sole. Modeled after the heel of the Ballerina ULTIMA, the highest heel Christian Louboutin ever designed, and perfectly weighted to ensure the utmost ergonomic comfort and control.
The Brush : Custom designed with a triangle-bristle construction that inhibits bubbles and deposits a smooth, flawless film of colour.
The Bottle Architectural yet whimsical, molded from cut glass and inspired by classical balustrades found in European buildings. An object d’art to be displayed and admired, and exhibited in a luxurious black presentation box.
The Formula Highly pigmented, chip-proof, and resulting in a brilliantly shiny finish that mimics the reflection of patent leather. Free of toluene, formaldehyde, and DBP.
“Christian Louboutin nail colour encourages the wearer to take her time and enjoy the pleasure of the object as well as the pleasure of colour.” –CL
Price : USD 50 for 13 ml bottle / Rs 3,100 approx
My Experience with Rouge Louboutin :
Honestly, I just wanted to have it because I just wanted to have it. I mean I have no explanation for buying this crazy expensive red nail paint other than that it is the iconic red of Christian Louboutin. I was least bothered about any other color as well. I went to the counter and asked for Rouge Louboutin and that was it. 😀 And I love it! 😀 I have been wearing it non stop from past 8-9 days. I applied a fresh coat yesterday for review sake. It was not even chipping. My nails had grown out. 😀
- It’s a stunning creamy red color. A super flattering shade on all skin tones.
- It goes on opaque in the first quite but I like to do two quotes of it to get the color super intense.
- It does not streak or bubble during the application.
- The ‘7 inch high heel’ applicator is lightweight and makes it easier to apply.
- I have worn it all week long and there was no chipping at all.
- The packaging is to die for.
- Gives a beautiful glossy finish that stays for long.
- Free of toluene, formaldehyde, and DBP.
- It’s a 13 ml bottle but most high end nail polish come with the same quantity.
- Comes in it’s own square holder that keeps the bottle protected.
Overall, I think I am done buying a red nail paint for next 6 months. If i have to I would definitley repurchase this. It looks soooo gorgeous and I love the whole thought and story behind it. If you have to give a treat to yourself, give it a go. You wouldn’t be disappointed.
Rating : 4.8/5
My First Pair of Louboutins 🙂
Elle 18 Color Pops Lipstick – 32 Red Rouge
Chambor Powder Matte Lipstick: Rubis Rouge
L’Oreal Infallible Le Rouge Lipstick in Ravishing Red Review
Best Red Nail Polishes to Choose from
O.P.I. Big Apple Red Nail Lacquer for Ultimate Red Nails
YSL Rouge Expressioniste Nail Paint No. 32 Is A Perfect Bridal Red Nail Color