WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
COLORBAR INSTANT COVERUP STICK REVIEW
The day Rati did a post on re launch of colorbar concealers, I was sure I had to get this. 🙂 Firstly because I had seen/heard such great reviews about colorbar concealers, secondly I am already using its triple act compact for base makeup and love that too… check my review HERE
WHAT THE COMPANY CLAIMS ABOUT THE PRODUCT
The official colorbar site has no updates about this product. So, here’s what the package says
- Chamomile for soothing and vitamin c for anti oxidant benefits
- Soft and creamy with high color payoff
- Handy for instant concealing.
The packaging of the concealer is typical of colorbar products. SILVER/GREY . 🙂
Price: Rs 425 for 1.6 gm
They have launched 3 shades in the concealers:
001 Apricot Crush – light
002 Caramel Treat – Medium
003 Almond Coffee – Dark
The shade that I got is 001 Apricot crush- light . 🙂
SWATCH – single swipe +no flash
When I use this concealer with my colorbar triple act compact, the overall result is awesome. The shades of both the products are complimentary and merge in well nicely.
Here are two pictures for your reference, so that you can easily compare the before use and after use effects 😀
With colorbar concealer
MY TAKE ON THE PRODUCT
This colorbar concealer is an excellent product in my opinion. I have used it just 3 times till date and I am all for it 😀 , No wonder, this concealer is highly recommended by so many makeup lovers.
The formula is indeed very creamy; would sound like a cliché but it does blend in like a dream into the skin without much effort. I like the change in the packaging from its retractable stick form to this pencil form making the concealer very handy, convenient to use and apt for spot concealing. Hence, the name- instant cover-up stick 😀
The new packaging also scores over jar type concealers in terms of hygiene.
Ok, I just dot this for concealing my under eye dark circles, some post acne scars and corners of my lips & nose and gently pat and blend in the concealer with my ring finger. I always preferred to conceal before applying my base makeup but I have noticed that concealing after applying your foundation gives a little better result.
Coming to its coverage, I would say this provides medium-full coverage depending upon how you use it . 🙂
I used the concealer also to cover some of my fresh breakouts 😛 and it didn’t irritate them . The staying power of the concealer is about 3-4 hours, after which it may start melting off due to its creamy consistency. If you have extremely oily skin I would suggest setting this with some loose powder . 🙂
Overall, it’s a great product for your vanity in an equally nice new avatar (packaging) 😛 😀 (I can’t really compare this from its previous form in terms of quality as I have not used that.)
WHAT IS GOOD ABOUT COLORBAR INSTANT COVERUP STICK
• Super creamy formula blends in without much effort.
• Ease of application being pencil form.
• Very travel friendly, handy and apt for spot concealing.
• Being pencil form, the tip has to be sharpened off after a few applications, which is good keeping the hygiene perspective in mind.
• Great for concealing under eye dark circles because of the yellow/warm undertone.
• Does not irritate or harm when used over break outs.
• Provides medium-full coverage.
WHAT IS NOT SO GOOD ABOUT COLORBAR INSTANT COVERUP STICK
• The formula being super creamy, may melt down soon in hot and humid conditions or if you have really oily skin
• Is a little expensive 🙁 @ INR 425
• With Just 3 shades available, it may not fit well with some shin tones.
• I didn’t feel any soothing effect as per its claims.
• Sharpening leads to product wastage 😐
• Availability is an issue; I rarely come across colorbar counters.
IMBB RATING- 3.75 ON 5 :-* :-* :-* _ 0.75