Skin-tone: Fair to medium; Skin-type: Combination and acne-prone
I loved to participate in dance performances in my school because the make-up artist used to do flawless makeup on my face! I was very little since I started noticing that they used wet compacts which gave excellent coverage. But that looks great on for stage performances since it turns out to be cakey. But a while ago, I saw this one from Diana of London which is a pan cake to be used 2 ways and I was super happy, so I got it; and here is the review for you guys.
Price: Rs 615/-
Product Description by Diana of London:
• Water resistant light weight soft & smooth finish
• Long lasting flawless matte finish excellent coverage
• This lasting foundation empowers your face with a soft and velvet veil.
• The flawless effect grants a uniform skin tone, minimizes small imperfections and gives a matte effect to your face, providing natural brilliance.
My Experience with Diana of London Ivory Beige 2 Way Pan Cake Wet & Dry:
Packaging: Diana of London packaging is generally fancy but this one is a bit too boring. It comes in an off-white packaging with a ‘lady-face’ over it and the name written. I wish the packaging was a bit attractive. The power comes in a compact packaging which is super handy. It has a big mirror inside with a sponge. The packaging is great and sturdy. The powder has a beautiful design embossed over it which makes it look a little better. The price is high as compared to the other drug-store compacts but since it claimed to work in 2 ways, it is okay.
Consistency, shade and coverage: The compact when used in the dry form glides very smoothly over my face but when used in its wet form, it is very hard to apply. The sponge has to be dipped again and again in water to pick the product up and make it wet. It consumes a lot of time just to apply the base makeup. The shade I picked up is “Ivory Beige” which suits my skin very well and looks natural on me. The powder goes pretty sheer hence it cannot give anything more than medium coverage. It claims to give excellent coverage which is certainly not the case. It only makes my skin look better and not the best. It covers redness and dull skin but that is it. It does not cover acne or acne scars.
Results: It does brighten my skin a bit and makes it look better but that is something that every compact can do. The wet form gives my face an absolute matte look which I like since the oil doesn’t gush up on my face making my skin look healthy and natural. The staying power is very okay as well. It has an average lasting power of 2 hours after which my skin shows up. Overall, I wish it actually did what all it claimed!
Pros of Diana of London Ivory Beige 2 Way Pan Cake Wet & Dry:
• Compact packaging.
• Accompanied with a mirror and sponge.
• Variety of shades available.
• 2-in-1 product; can be used in the wet or dry form.
• Gives a natural look with minimal coverage when dry.
• In the wet form, it gives a beautiful matte finish to the skin and has a light to medium coverage.
• Does not irritate my skin.
Cons of Diana of London Ivory Beige 2 Way Pan Cake Wet & Dry:
• Boring packaging.
• The price is high as compared to other drugstore compacts.
• Does not provide excellent coverage as claimed.
• The powder is too hard to glide on the face in the wet form.
• Does not brighten my skin that well.
• Does not stay for more than 2 -3 hours.
IMBB Rating: 2.5/5
Will I Repurchase/Recommend Diana of London Ivory Beige 2 Way Pan Cake Wet & Dry?
Nope not at all! It is pretty hard to use when it is wet; while in the dry form, it is very average, so it does not nail any area. Hence I will call it a skip!
Conclusion: I mostly like the lip products from Diana of London!
Diana of London Absolute Stay Compact Face Powder
Diana of London Pro Touch Concealer
Diana of London Shimmer Touch Eyeshadow – Copper Shimmer
Maybelline Dream Satin Skin Ultra Breathable Satin Two Way Cake
VOV Two Way Cake- Matte and Pearly Foundation Powder
Maybelline Clear Smooth All In One Shine Free Cake Powder
Revlon PhotoReady Two Way Powder Foundation
Bharat & Dorris Two Way Cake in 02