Yes, we can read your mind – weight loss is on your mind right now, isn’t it? Whether you want to lose a few pounds or inches off your waist, these 10 diet tips will help speed up your weight loss. Read through the list and you can thank us later 🙂
1. Keep a food diary/journal: Keeping a journal of what goes into your plate and eventually into your mouth would help you track and cut out extra calories and junk from your daily diet. Cutting out calorie-rich food items will help create a calorie deficit which would eventually help you lose weight. In the journal, do keep a track of how many times you are snacking and how much sugar content you are consuming on a daily basis.
2. Replace Tea with Green Tea: It’s absolutely necessary to include green tea into the weight loss diet because it is full of antioxidants and a natural diuretic which would help you shed water weight from the body. It will be all the more great if tea can be completely replaced with green tea.
3. Dedicate at least one hour for physical activity: To boost metabolism and to burn off calories, mandatorily take out at least one hour from your day to engage in physical activity. Simple exercises like brisk walking, jogging in the park will also do a great deal for your body. Working out at the gym of course comes highly recommended. Another amazing workout is with skipping rope – start with 50 jumps and eventually you can go up to 300 per day. You will notice how physical activity will help you slim down.
4. Replace refined carbs with complex carbs: Refined carbs are a complete no-no when dieting. Replace refined carbs like maida with complex carbohydrate foods like legumes, oats, sweet potatoes, brown rice, rajma, quinoa, whole wheat pasta, etc.
5. Use skimmed milk instead of whole milk: In comparison, skimmed milk has 0.1% fat content and has fewer calories when compared to whole milk.
6. Eliminate white food items from your diet: Replace white refined sugar with jaggery, white table salt with Himalayan pink salt, all-purpose flour or maida with whole wheat flour.
7. Drink coffee with 1 tsp of coconut oil or ghee in it: Drinking coffee with ghee and coconut oil will kickstart and speed up the metabolism and help you burn more calories through the day.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar in water: ACV is a powerhouse of goodness which helps improve digestion, makes body alkaline, boosts metabolism – aiding in weight loss.
9. Chew your food slowly rather than gulping it down: If you chew your food slowly and completely, the digestive enzymes in the saliva get activated which in turn will help fasten the digestive process and help with overall metabolism which will in turn help with fat burning.
10. Drink more than 8 glasses of water each day: Don’t stop at 8 glasses of water – keep your body hydrated at all times to reduce water retention and to keep the metabolism active.
With these tips, you can surely see positive changes and as mentioned earlier, you can thank us later.