WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Facial oils are a much-hyped skin care product and rightly so, they are totally worth the hype. Facial oils may add a extra step in your beauty ritual, but the effect beauty oils can have on your skin is really big. Facial oils when used correctly can be a complete game changer for your skin. Since ancient times, our grannies have been telling the importance of oils such as almond oil and coconut oil for hair and skin, and looks like they were absolutely right. Facial oils are officially approved worldwide and they can be used by all skin types. Already a fan of facial oils? Are you getting most out it? There are different ways to use facial oils to reap its full benefits. Let’s find out!
1. Apply oils after a water-based moisturiser: Always wondering whether to apply oil before or after a moisturiser? According to skin experts, facial oil can be applied after a water-based moisturiser. You can also use as your night cream and replace it with facial oil. If you have a dry skin and prefer heavy moisturisers, then apply oil and follow up with your moisturiser. This way you will optimise the facial oil’s benefits.
2. Mix it up: Now you know exactly how to achieve dewy skin makeup! Simply mix a few drops of facial oil with your moisturiser. Apply on your skin and get a dewy glow. The best part is that your makeup will glide as smooth as butter and your skin would get an extra dose of hydration, it’s a total win-win situation. Tip- Mix a drop of oil with your foundation for smooth application and extra glow.
3. Little is more: According to skin experts, you just need 3-6 drops of facial oil once or twice a day. If you have dry skin, you might need more. But it won’t be a good idea to be generous with facial oils as there can be chances of breakouts.
4. Choose the right facial oil keeping your skin type in mind: Choosing the correct oil for your skin type is very important, if you have oily skin, pick from these (tea tree, jojoba, marula, sesame, and hazelnut) as they are light and have low comedogenic rating. For normal and dry skin, heavier oils can be used like coconut, castor, almond, shea or olive.
5. Use facial oil as eye cream: The best part about facial oils is that they are free of chemicals and totally safe on skin. They can also be used on the most delicate areas of the face. You can use almost any facial oil as under-eye oil to moisturise and hydrate under eye area. Not only will facial oil hydrate the area with regular usage, it can also make your under eye area brighter and combat signs of ageing in the process.
Hope this article helps you achieve beautiful glowing skin, let us know your favourite oil in the comment below!