WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
When it comes to makeup, there is order which needs to be followed to avoid makeup fails. Also, if you follow the right order, makeup stays in place for longer though we would like to reiterate that it’s completely upto one’s personal preference. Some women prefer to do their eyebrows first while some others do their eye makeup and eyeshadow first. If you want to know the correct order, here are a few tips from makeup experts. Ideally, you should groom your eyebrows first and then move on to apply eyeshadow and eye makeup. The following tips are expert approved and would answer whether you should do your eyebrows or eyeshadow first.
1. Start with a primer: The first step to prepare your skin for makeup is to apply a good primer. Primer helps the foundation to glide smoothly and evenly on the skin. Primer also corrects any redness and large pores. It’s always recommend to use an eye primer and a lip primer to help your products to stay longer and last through the day.
2. Foundation: Foundation comes on next. Makeup foundation helps you to have an even and smooth base. Most foundations will cover blemishes and other imperfections. With some high-coverage foundations, you may not even need a concealer. If you do need a concealer, apply it under the eyes in a V shape and on scars and spots and blend well with brush, fingers or makeup sponge.
Tip- After applying primer, begin with doing your eyebrows and then proceed to do eye makeup as while doing eye makeup, some product may fall on your face, and may ruin your face makeup.
3. Bronzer and Blush: Since bronzer is darker in shade, it needs to be applied first, also it contours the face. Apply blush on the apples of your cheeks. Lastly, use highlighter to add some glow to the skin.
4. Eyebrows comes first: Use an eyebrow pencil, brow wax, to fill and groom your eyebrows. Doing your eyebrows first will frame your face and then you can decide on eye makeup and eyeshadow application.
5. Eye shadow: Apply your eyeliner and eyeshadow and then finish the look by applying a mascara.
6. Lipstick: End your makeup by doing your lips. Use a lip liner to outline your lips, using a lip liner gives a appearance of a fuller and bigger lips, also it keeps lipstick stay in place. Now, pick your favorite lipstick and pout on!
So, in essence, do your eyebrows first and then apply eyeshadow to get a neat and flawless makeup look.