A head full of healthy, lustrous hair can add to the beauty and personality of any woman. However, due to the increased amount of pollution in the environment, improper eating habits and a stressful lifestyle, it seems only like a far-fetched dream. Also, how fast our hair grows depends on factors like age, health, genetics, and diet. We have no control over factors that affect hair growth like age and genetics, but surely we can control our diet. So, a balanced diet with necessary minerals and vitamins will help us to increase our hair volume and density. So, here are some best foods to increase hair density.
1. Eggs: Eating adequate protein is important to accelerate hair growth because hair follicles are made of protein and it is the building block of hair. As eggs are one of the richest natural sources of protein, incorporate it in your diet to promote hair growth.
2. Spinach: A deficiency of iron in the body may cause hair loss because iron helps red blood cells carry oxygen throughout the body to fuel our metabolism and aid growth and repair. So, when our body is running low on iron, oxygen, and nutrients will not be getting transported to the hair follicles adequately and it can inhibit growth and make your strands weak.
3. Citrus Fruits: Our body requires vitamin C for iron absorption. So, we need to add citrus fruits to our diet as they are rich in vitamin C, so add a lime or orange to your diet every day. Also, vitamin C helps in the production of collagen, a protein that helps strengthen hair to prevent it from becoming brittle and breaking.
4. Nuts and Seeds: Omega-3 fatty acid nourishes and thickens the hair. Some of the foods that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids are almonds, walnuts, and flaxseeds. A 1-ounce (28-gram) serving of flaxseeds provides 6,388 mg of omega-3 fatty acids.
5. Whole Grains: Biotin is essential for the production of keratin and you can find biotin in all hair growth boosting supplements in the market. Whole grains are rich in biotin and can help improve hair growth in people with a biotin deficiency.
6. Carrots: Vitamin A promotes the production of sebum which helps keep hair healthy. Also, as the hair contains the fastest growing tissues in the body, vitamin A is required for the growth of every cell. So, try consuming a glass of carrot juice every day to promote faster hair growth.
7. Avocado: Vitamin E improves blood circulation and helps the follicles to promote more hair growth. It also maintains oil and pH levels balance which if exceeds can clog the hair follicles and stop hair growth. One medium avocado provides 21% of your daily vitamin E needs, so try adding it to your salad or smoothie.