Choosing Foundation Shade
Choosing the correct shade of foundation is extremely tricky. It can make you confused about which foundation shade should you choose. Some people advise to go for some shades lighter whereas some will suggest you to go exact match or darker than your skin tone. Let’s find out should foundation be lighter or darker than your skin?
Should Foundation Be Lighter Or Darker Than Your Skin?
As per beauty experts, your foundation must be one or two shades lighter than your skin tone. This is because when you use bronzer or contour then the foundation will blend it all together and give the perfect look to your face. Even many girls have said that during day time when they use foundation along with day serums then the foundation gets oxidized and in that case if you have a lighter shade foundation then only it will be great.
How to Choose The Correct Shade of Foundation
Let’s have a look at how will you choose which is the correct shade of foundation for you–
1. Let the Salesgirl guide you– If you visit professional makeup salons then the salesgirl at these places will definitely guide you. They will give you perfect idea as to which shade of foundation should you go for. Thus, it is best to trust them.
2. Jawline and Chin– Yes, this is right. The foundation shade should be exact match to your jawline and chin area. If possible try to bring the bottle close to your jawline and chin area so that the exact shade can be seen. If the store allows you to swatch the foundation then apply it on your jawline and chin and see if it gets completely dissolved or not. If the foundation gets completely dissolved then it is the perfect shade.
3. Day Light– A foundation is best match when it is tested in a natural day light position. Thus, test a foundation nearby a window to get the closest match possible.
4. Two shades of foundation– It is always advisable to buy two shades of foundation. Our skin colour changes and thus when you have two shades of foundation then it is easy to blend them together and find a match.
5. Foundation and Flaws– the important point here is that foundation is not here to cover up flaws on your skin. You need to use concealer and other colour correctors for your flaws.
6. Undertones Matter– darker skinned women must use products that have red undertones and then only the foundation will show up properly on your skin.
These are some of the golden rules while buying a foundation. So, if you follow the above given tips and tricks then you will surely get a perfect match to your foundation.
How To Choose Foundation Shade for Skin
6 Tips to Choose Foundation for Oily Skin
How To Prevent Foundation From Looking Ashy
10 Expert Tips on Choosing the Right Foundation
Top 25 Powder Foundations Available in India