Glutathione – you have heard the name, right? It has become so popular that nowadays it’s taken in the same breath as skin whitening. This potent antioxidant which until now was only known for its clinical benefits to treat ailments such as glaucoma, cystic fibrosis, etc., has gained immense popularity as a magic ingredient for skin whitening. Online stores and local pharmacies are flooded with glutathione tablets and injections that claim to make you fairy white in a short period of time. It is considered relatively safe when it comes to skin whitening with fewer side effects. Basically glutathione is made of three amino acids – glutamine, glycine, and cysteine and it’s naturally found in human body. Excessive stress, lack of sleep, and other factors lower the level of glutathione. It is a powerful antioxidant formed in the liver, and it supports a wide variety of immune functions throughout the body. Glutathione can exist as one of two different forms: glutathione and L-glutathione (or reduced glutathione). Don’t get confused – both work in the same way. Ingredients like vitamin C increase the effectiveness of glutathione, but you would have to be really patient to see results, it can take anywhere from 6 to 12 months to see visible results. Let’s read more details about this skin whitening agent:
Benefits of Glutathione for human body:
- Master antioxidant that fights off free radicals that damage skin cells.
- Prevents premature ageing.
- Detoxifies body.
- First line of protection against chemicals and toxins.
- Decreases melanin production.
How Glutathione Works in Whitening Skin:
High glutathione level in the body decreases melanin production (melanin is the skin pigment which decides the color of your skin). If melanin is less in your body, then your skin color would be lighter. Though there are not a lot of scientific studies to support glutathione claims of skin whitening, doctors still prescribe them to desperate people who want to lighten their color. Its main job is to fight off free radicals and boost, and also boost immune system. It lightens, brightens and whitens skin and makes skin healthy. It detoxifies liver and when the toxins are clear, excess glutathione spills over and skin whitening shows up as a side effect.
Natural Ways To Increase Glutathione in the Body:
For those of you who are hesitant about popping a pill because of associated side effects, here are some natural ways to increase glutathione in your body:
- Reduce stress level.
- Eat sulfur-rich foods like cabbage, cauliflower, kale, radish, turnip, etc.
- Eat biotin-rich foods like
- Eat selenium-rich foods like sardines, egg, spinach, Brazil nuts.
- Include vitamin C rich foods in your diet such as oranges, lemon, strawberries, Kiwi, etc.
Though glutathione is a naturally-occurring ingredient in the body, some side effects are reported where people have complained about difficulty in breathing and wheezing, and also some studies have also linked lower zinc levels in the body. Though there are no serious side effects associated with its intake, please do remember that the excess of anything can be bad, so please consult your doctor before popping any pill.
Glutathione Skin Whitening Pills:
Coming to skin whitening pills, we have got the list of the most popular glutathione tablets that are widely popularly for their skin lightening benefits. It is available in different dosages and also in combination with other amazing ingredients like vitamin C, pine bark extract, alpha lipoic acid, grape seed extract, vitamin E. We are reiterating the importance of consulting a certified doctor about these pills because self medication is dangerous and not at all recommended. That is the reason why we have refrained from giving you dosage details and the way to take these tabs in this post. This is just an informative post detailing the benefits.
1. Mytan tablet: Mytan Tablet has these ingredients – L Glutathione, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Grape seed extract, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E. Alpha Lipoic Acid has strong antioxidant properties that help prevent skin ageing and inflammation. It also helps in the regeneration of cells. It improves skin texture and wrinkles. Vitamin C has antioxidant properties and aids in collagen synthesis.
2. Glutone 1000 mg: This product has 1000 mg of glutathione with 60 mg of vitamin C. Taking vitamin C along with glutathione will help expedite results.
3. Epilight Advance: This product has 1000 mg of glutathione.
4. Ethiglo Plus: The composition of this product is glutathione 500 mg + vitamin C 1000 mg.
5. Glutablast: The composition of this product is 500 mg glutathione + vitamin C 1000 mg.
6. Glomax Kit: The composition of this product is Glutathione 500 MG+Vitamin C 1000 mg.
7. Oxoneg: The composition of this product is glutathione 500 mg.
8. Ultra Kromaglo: The composition of this product is Alpha lipoic acid 100 MG+Glutathione 1000 MG+Grape seed extract 50 MG+Pycnogenol 30 MG+Vitamin C 100 mg.
9. Glutalite: The composition of this product is Alpha lipoic acid 50 MG+Grape seed extract 50 MG+L-glutamic acid 500 MG+Vitamin C 50 MG+Vitamin E 10 mg.
10. Healthvit L-Glutathione Reduced: It has 100 mg glutathione.
What are other ways to take glutathione for skin whitening:
If you are still wary about taking in a pill, there are creams and soaps with glutathione as their main ingredient. Glutaup is a soap with aloe vera and vitamin C as ingredients along with glutathione. Ariglo, G Gold Plus, Glutafine, and Thioglow are some other soaps with glutathione. Ultrawyte is a cream with vitamin C and vitamin E as ingredients.
What Everyone Should Know About While Taking These Pills:
Even though glutathione is a relatively safer method for skin whitening, still keep these important factors in mind if you decide to include this supplement in your daily routine:
1. Beware of fake glutathione pills – not only would they not work according to your benefit, such pills can harm your seriously.
2. We cannot stress enough the importance of consulting a doctor prior to taking any supplement, tablet, capsule. A certified doctor CAN ONLY prescribe you the correct pill to ingest.
3. To see quick results, try including skin cream or soap with glutathione in it.
4. Always wear sunscreen when stepping out in the sun. Harsh rays of sun can reverse all benefits of glutathione.
5. Do not expect glutathione to work overnight, it might take some months before you would notice visible results.