WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Glycerin is an excellent ingredient in skin and hair care products. It is also widely used in shampoos, conditioners, soaps, body lotions, etc. Glycerin is a coveted ingredient in skin, hair, and body care products because of its humectant properties, it can draw in moisture from the atmosphere and retain it in hair and skin. Glycerin moisturises the scalp and promotes healthy hair too.
Benefits of Glycerin:
- Retains moisture: Just like the skin, hair needs moisture too, and glycerin hydrates the hair and scalp. It softens and smoothens hair by drawing moisture from the atmosphere into the hair.
- Improves hair length: Since glycerin adequately hydrates the hair, it prevents breakage and you will be grow out longer hair.
- Takes care of itchy scalp: In winter season, scalp is prone to dryness which leads to itching. Regular usage of glycerin can combat dryness and itchy scalp.
- Prevents dandruff: Dandruff is common issue and can be easily cured by cleansing and hydrating the hair. You can use glycerin hair mask (recipe given below) to prevent dandruff or to get rid or dandruff.
- Prevents split ends: Using glycerin-based hair spray daily can improve the condition of split ends. Use a glycerin hair spray after hair wash to nourish the hair.
- Maintains curly hair: Curly hair needs extra dose of moisture compared to straight hair, and glycerin conditioner can help in maintaining bouncy locks. It will keep the locks well moisturized and frizz free.
How To Use Glycerin For Hair?
1. Homemade Glycerin Hair Spray: To make this hair spray, you will need a spray bottle, distilled water, rose water, a few drops of your favourite essential oil (optional), and most importantly, glycerin. Fill 1/4 of the container with distilled water, add 1/2 cup of rose water, add 2-3 drops of essential oil, you can use rose/orange/lavender any of your choice. Add 2 tablespoons of glycerin and shake well. Use a small amount of products on damp hair and comb it through. It will nourish dry, brittle hair. If you have oily scalp, use only on the length of the hair and at the ends.
2. Glycerin Egg Hair Mask: You will need one beaten egg, 1 tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon of glycerin. Mix all the ingredients and using a hair-brush apply evenly on the hair. Wash out using a shampoo and conditioner after 30 minutes.
3. Add glycerin in your conditioner: Simply add 20ml of glycerin in 100ml of conditioner bottle. Shake the bottle to mix it together. Use the conditioner as usual. Always wait for atr least 3-4 minutes before you rinse off the conditioner to effectively hydrate the hair.
4. Glycerin Honey Mask: Mix equal amounts of honey and glycerin. Apply evenly using a hair brush. Rinse off with cold water after 30minutes. Enjoy soft smooth hair.
5. Glycerin with Aloe-Vera gel: This is another way to use glycerin to treat your hair. Mix a tablespoon of glycerin with 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel and gently massage your scalp for 3-4 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water This solution will prevent hair thinning and add volume to the hair.
Hope this article encourages you to add glycerin to your skin care routine. Thanks for reading!