Ok, so here is my take on Umrao Jao golden eyes look. It turned out to be a bit different but I think its still pretty good!(who said I was modest :P). So here it goes, especially for Fathima and Ki. 🙂
1. Apply a primer/base to your clean eyelid. I have applied Maybelline Whitestay UV Base. You might apply concealer/foundation. It will help the colour to stay on better.
2. Apply any dark bronze colour starting from the middle of your crease to the outer corner.I have used the 4th colour from Faces I shine quartet. Next apply the same colour starting from the outer corner of your lower lashline towards your brow. Join the two lines forming a sideways ‘v’ . I have used a simple eyeshadow applicator to do this. You might use any brush that is fine but strong enough to give you control. This picture will make it easier for you to understand.
3. Next apply a golden coloured pigment to the rest of your lid with an eyeshadow applicator.I have used the 3rd colour from the Faces I-Shine Quartet. .
4. Blend the two colours using an eyeshadow blending brush.
5. Now apply a white shimmery colour on your browbone and to the inner corner of your eye and blend. I have used the 1st colour from the Faces I-Shine Quartet.
6. Next apply a golden or bronze eye pencil to your lower lashline. Apply a thin line of black liquid liner (winged) and kajal/kohl to your waterline. Curl your lashes and apply mascara.
7. Apply a strip of false eyelashes (optional) to complete your look. I have used QVS Natural False Eyelashes. I personally find false lashes too dramatic but it looks great in close eye shots 😛 BTW< I am no expert at applying false lashes so pardon me if the application looks tacky (especially in the 2nd pic)
Quite easy, isn’t it? Light colour over the lid, dark colour on the crease and highlight on the brow bone.. bla bla bla bla … same everytime! hehe 😀
PS: I tried photoshopping one of the pics to change my eyecolour to that of Aishwarya’s… ended up looking like I had a cataract :(… my photoshop skills suck!!!