Ok, so here is my take on Umrao Jao golden eyes look. It turned out to be a bit different but I think its still pretty good!(who said I was modest :P). So here it goes, especially for Fathima and Ki. 🙂
1. Apply a primer/base to your clean eyelid. I have applied Maybelline Whitestay UV Base. You might apply concealer/foundation. It will help the colour to stay on better.
2. Apply any dark bronze colour starting from the middle of your crease to the outer corner.I have used the 4th colour from Faces I shine quartet. Next apply the same colour starting from the outer corner of your lower lashline towards your brow. Join the two lines forming a sideways ‘v’ . I have used a simple eyeshadow applicator to do this. You might use any brush that is fine but strong enough to give you control. This picture will make it easier for you to understand.
3. Next apply a golden coloured pigment to the rest of your lid with an eyeshadow applicator.I have used the 3rd colour from the Faces I-Shine Quartet. .
4. Blend the two colours using an eyeshadow blending brush.
5. Now apply a white shimmery colour on your browbone and to the inner corner of your eye and blend. I have used the 1st colour from the Faces I-Shine Quartet.
6. Next apply a golden or bronze eye pencil to your lower lashline. Apply a thin line of black liquid liner (winged) and kajal/kohl to your waterline. Curl your lashes and apply mascara.
7. Apply a strip of false eyelashes (optional) to complete your look. I have used QVS Natural False Eyelashes. I personally find false lashes too dramatic but it looks great in close eye shots 😛 BTW< I am no expert at applying false lashes so pardon me if the application looks tacky (especially in the 2nd pic)
Quite easy, isn’t it? Light colour over the lid, dark colour on the crease and highlight on the brow bone.. bla bla bla bla … same everytime! hehe 😀
PS: I tried photoshopping one of the pics to change my eyecolour to that of Aishwarya’s… ended up looking like I had a cataract :(… my photoshop skills suck!!!
38 thoughts on “Golden Eye Makeup Photo Tutorial”
Your photoshop skills might need working on, but your photo tutorial is GOOD..very simple and easy to understand..tx for sharing 🙂
thank you 🙂
Wow… That’s a really gr8 attempt… :yes: :yes: Loved the end result… :inlove: :-*
And No.. The false lashes don’t look tacky or OTT!!! They look gr8 on you!!! :lashes: :lashes:
.-= Mrunmayee´s last blog ..Jovees Gold Eye Contour gel- Review =-.
thank you so much…. but still I feel that false lashes look too dramatic… I dont have the guts to wear it on any event… bought it recently!
Great eyes and great tutorial. Thanks Urmi 🙂
great n easy tutorial……….wil try out sm day…. :yes:
yeah do try it out!! and tell me how it turned out
This is so simple and gorgeous! I love it :))
thanks urmi :*
.-= ki´s last blog ..Wedding worries =-.
thank you so much… pls try it out once 🙂
How are FACES products btw? 🙂
.-= ki´s last blog ..Wedding worries =-.
detailed review coming soon 😉
this is great!!! the falsies dont look tacky at all..infact it looks gorgeous…..love it!! and thank u! :-* :-* :-* :-* ,,gonnna try it out soon…just missin the falsies..need to get some soon…. 😕 😕
arre falsies not that imp… i dont think I’ll be able to wear them on my di’s wedding anyways! curl your lashes before applying mascara… much more natural looking 🙂
Lovely tut Urmi….. :inlove: :inlove: your eyes look sooooo pretty!!!
Any idea where can I find Faces shadows in Mumbai?
Thank you 🙂
I got the faces eye shadow at a Pantaloon outlet in Kolkata
okie…will check out pantaloon here
hey loved it .. reallyyyy nice
thank you 🙂 🙂
🙂 Wow…loved every bit of it Urmi….it looks so great….your eyes looked so beautiful….I am going to try this out!
thank you jomol 🙂
Love this post Urmi 🙂 You have such beautiful eyes 🙂
Really nice tute Urmi. You have lovely eyes 🙂 How much did the faces quartet cost you? I’ve seen it before, but I was hesitant to buy it coz I didn’t know how good it was.
Thanks 🙂 faces costed me Rs 499/-… its pretty good but will give a detailed review soon… pls wait for it before u buy the product
Very pretty and wearable tutorial. Have heard a lot about faces but we don’t get it here in Pantaloons. 🙁 Not in Select City Walk , Delhi one…
Anyway, I am trying this one for sure and very beautiful and precise eyeliner application. Loved it! 🙂
thanks rati 🙂 means a lot to me
Awesome tute Urmi.
Every single time there is a tutorial on eye makeup here, I keep getting more and more convinced. IMBB is the place of Crazy Makeup Ladies as well as Beautiful eyed Ladies..LOL
Your eyes are simply gorgeous 🙂
And photoshop made your eyes look like they had cataract :rotfl:
thanks for your kind comments.. i am having a ‘yooohooo’ moment 😛
very pretty tut…. loved it….ur eyes r beautiful
thanks hun 🙂
Beautiful eyes …and absolutely fab eye look 🙂
.-= Maddy´s last blog ..I am back =-.
thank you maddy:)
i love golden eye shadows!
specially after that topaz golden kinda look by rati
i love golden eye looks too… love rati’s look… i dislike lakme products but want to give eye pots a try!
one word – gorgeousness 😀 😛
can any one suggest me…how to choose false lashes????have no idea abt it….me wanna bye one…..but dont want to end up looking tooo dramatic……any suggestion????? :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: