Feet are often the most neglected part of the body and it’s often when cracks develop and skin becomes rough, that we try to go for pedicures and ointments to make them soft and smooth again. As feet do not have oil glands, they tend to become dry pretty easily and it makes sense to slough off dry skin with scrubs. After this, make a habit to apply foot cream regularly after washing your feet as it helps to restore the moisture. In this post, we list 5 homemade scrubs for rough and cracked feet to make them soft and beautiful all over again.
1. Coffee Scrub to Fix Dry, Rough and Cracked Feet:To make this scrub, you will need: Coconut oil, Coffee powder, mild shampoo, a bowl, Measuring spoons, Water, and a spoon.
Method: Take an empty bowl and add one teaspoon of instant coffee powder. You can increase or decrease the quantity as per your requirements. Then, add two teaspoons of water into it. Again, make sure it’s adjusted as per the quantity of coffee because you do not want it to be too runny. Add some coconut oil. Add a little mild shampoo and stir everything well. Apply this scrub on your feet. You do not have to dampen your feet as it already contains water and is not harsh on the skin. You can use your hands to scrub your feet but a foot filer is always a good idea. A filer will remove dirt and roughness well. With regular use of this scrub, your skin will repair and turn soft.
2. Orange Peel Scrub for Soft Hands and Feet:To get rid of dry and dark feet and hands, this orange peel scrub is the best option for me. It is very easy to prepare and super effective too. To make this scrub, make a very smooth powder of dry orange peels. You must be careful that there are no harsh granules in the powder. Mix 2 tablespoons of crushed coconut power with the orange peel powder. Add 1 spoon of essential massage oil. Now add 1 tablespoon of honey and few drops of lavender oil. Combine all the ingredients nicely and make a thick paste. Apply this scrub on your damp hands and feet, and gently exfoliate. Keep scrubbing for 10 minutes and then rinse off with warm water. Apply some olive oil on your hands and feet to lock the moisture in. Orange peel feet and hand scrub works best for dry feet and hands. It smoothly removes all the dryness from feet and hands. As I have very rough feet, it took time to make them smooth. Also, the orange peel powder and lemon help to lighten tan.
3. Besan and Rose Water Scrub:
To make this scrub, you will need – Fuller’s Earth/Multani Mitti – 2 tbsp, Chickpea Flour/Besan – 1 tbsp, turmeric Powder /Haldi– 1 tbsp, rose water or milk.
Method: Mix Fuller’s Earth, besan, and turmeric powder in a bowl. Add rose water/milk to the dry mixture as required to make a thin paste. Ensure you make a slightly thin paste to form a thin coating of the mask on the feet. Keep this mixture in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. It will not only soothe the skin, but it will also ensure all the ingredients are well mixed together. Apply it on both of your feet, concentrating on cracked heels. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes or till it completely dries out. Rinse with water and apply moisturising lotion.
4. Epsom Salt and Baking Soda Scrub:
To make this scrub, you would need 1 part epsom salt, 1 part baking soda, 2 drops of any essential oil, and a bit of water to mix everything together. Scrub your feet with this mixture and pour in a little water into a bowl in which you can dip your feet. Now, transfer the mixture into that bowl and soak your feet for 20 minutes. Wipe off gently with a soft cloth.
5. Brown Sugar and Honey Scrub:
To make this yummylicious scrub, you would need, 2 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp honey, and 1 tbsp olive oil. Mix everything into a paste and scrub your feet gently. Do this twice a week to soften up the feet.