https://makeupandbeauty.com/homemade-sugar-lip-scrub-with-almond-oil-for-soft-lips/Skin Type: Dry and sensitive, chapped lips
How is the festive season going on in India? I really miss being there, not forgetting how I miss eating modaks as well. Anyway coming to today’s post, I decided to share with you girls a recipe that I have been using on a weekly basis ever since I began taking medication for bacne. One of the major side effect of the medication I am taking is chapped lips apart from skin discoloration. In one of the sessions with my skin specialist, she shared with me this recipe in order to aid the healing process of my chapped lips and to get rid of dry and dead skin. I was really scared with the way my lips were turning out to become with the medication. I have definitely seen a difference in the texture of my lips using this. Do-it-yourself lip scrubs are certainly trending at the moment, and with good reason. They consist of items that are most likely stocked in your pantry already and they are a snap to put together. Why spend your hard-earned cash on a product that’s just as easy to make yourself? Sometimes, it’s not always about buying the costliest products to fit your beauty regime. Homemade products work just as good. Do have fun trying this recipe and let me know how this fared 🙂
- 1 tbsp. Finely ground sugar.
- 1 tbsp organic honey.
- Small containers.
- 10 drops of pure sweet almond oil.
- 1 Vitamin E capsule.
- Rubbing alcohol.
How To Make:
1) Take organic honey in a mixing bowl and put it in the microwave for 20-30 secs until warm. I have used Marshall’s Farm natural Honey which is unrefined and 100 % organic. It’s always best to use organic products to get the most out of your DIY’s.
2) Add sugar (white or brown) to the honey. Here, I have used 3/4th part granulated sugar and 1/4th part whole sugar grains for a better scrubbing experience. You can always tone down the exfoliating level of the scrub by changing the sugar consistency. Give it a nice stir with the spatula.
3) Next take a Vitamin E capsule and puncture it with a sterilized safety pin and add it to the honey-sugar mixture.
4) Lastly, add in 10 drops of pure sweet almond oil. I got this pure almond oil at a local medical shop. I carefully added it to the sugar scrub mixture and stirred it continuously.
Next, begin filling your empty containers with the scrub mixture. And voila you’re done! There you have it! A lip scrub that’s easy to make at home.
*Note: Adjust the amount of ingredients to how much product you’d like to make. And if you don’t have vitamin E on hand, just substitute the ingredient with more sweet almond oil.
My Experience and Benefits:
Gently exfoliating your lips with a lip scrub keeps them healthy and smooth. You’ll find a variety of commercial lip scrubs at the drugstore, including specialty products that can be hard on the budget. Make your own lip scrub for pennies with a few every day ingredients from the kitchen. If your dry, cracked lips persist, see your physician to determine the cause of the problem. Otherwise, head to the kitchen and get scrubbing.
Benefits of Sweet Almond Oil:
Almond oil is another widely used home remedy to get rid of dark lips. You will find many lip balms and glosses that contain almond oil.
Benefits of Honey:
Honey is an amazing natural ingredient, which can be used to treat dark lips. It not only lightens your lips but also makes them soft. Continue using honey for a couple of weeks and you will notice a change in your lip color.
Benefits of Sugar:
Sugar is considered one of the best natural exfoliators that can be found in one’s home, so go ahead use it more often.
Benefits of Vitamin E:
We all are aware of the benefits of Vitamin E for the skin. It does the same for the lips as well. Vitamin E is a great solution for chapped and dry lips. Applied directly on the lips, Vitamin E liquid (from the capsule) or Vitamin E oil works well as lip moisturizer and makes them smooth. Apply it regularly to make your lips supple and pink in color.
How To Use:
- Take a small amount and apply to the entire lip area.
- Gently massage in a circular motion for a few minutes.
- Rinse off and apply lip balm to lock in moisture.
Do let me know in the comments below if you have any questions or queries regarding this DIY or if have tried this. Until next time take care 🙂
Best Lip Scrubs For Soft and Smooth Lips
Lip Scrub for Pigmented Lips: Do It Yourself
DIY Lip Scrub for Cracked and Pigmented Lips
How to make Lip Plumping Lip Scrub at Home
How To Get Supple and Soft Lips All Day Long
How To Make Lips Pink Naturally