Helena Rubinstein, the cosmetics entrepreneur once said famously, “there are no ugly women, only lazy ones!” There’s nothing wrong in trying to be a better version of oneself, whether it’s by losing weight or by exercising, or simply on applying a red lipstick and mascara. “Beauty” is not about a certain color or complexion or body shape, it’s how better you feel about yourself. There’s nothing shameful about making an effort to look attractive or well groomed, such steps would only improve your self confidence. People blame busy schedules, pollution, weather, personal issues, and everything under the sun for not looking their best, but ignore that one major aspect, which contributes the most to body fat, bad skin, hair loss – wrong dietary habits! A bad diet would not only make you obese, it can affect your skin, hair, nails, directly. But do you know, the first thing you should do to look good is not by investing in that expensive face cream (which claims work anywhere between 3 to 6 months), whereas on the other hand, studies have revealed that eating the right kind of food shows effect in just six weeks. Nourishing the body internally goes a long way in improving our skin and body. Diet programs, such as on Rati Beauty, not only help one to get slim, they also nourish the body so that skin, hair, and even nails get better. It all boils down to what you eat and how you eat. From clearing up acne, to alleviating signs associated with PCOD, to reducing hair fall, the correct diet can work on your whole appearance. In this post, we will find out how good food can improve your looks and make you attractive. Feed your body the correct food and it will keep your skin radiant and glowing, and you would lose weight too. It’s a known secret that fruits and vegetables contain several natural pigments that are absorbed by the skin and make it look radiant.
What is Clean Eating?
Clean eating is consuming whole and natural foods in daily diet and eliminating processed foods completely from your diet to provide the body with ample nutrition. When you switch to local produce and unprocessed food, you would be nourishing your body, lose weight, and get rid of a lot of health problems as well by getting down inflammation as well. To eat clean, you would have to include a lot of fruits and vegetables in your diet, get rid of refined carbs, say no to preservative-laden foods, avoid sugar totally, avoid packaged snacks, and opt for grass-fed butter and ghee. Through clean eating, you would be giving yourself a diet rich in protein, complex carbs, antioxidants, trace minerals, vitamins, fiber, and you get all of them in the correct proportion on Rati Beauty diet programs.
How To Get Glowing Complexion Through Food?
As we have mentioned earlier, certain studies have suggested that eating more fruits and vegetables adds more yellow and red tones to the skin and that can happen within a short span of 6 weeks. Your skin would glow naturally and from within with increase in vegetables and fruits per day. It’s a simple thing – the tomato juice that you apply to your skin for glowing complexion is equally good for the skin when you consume it. Carotenoids helps to improve skin tone and even out skin. For glowing skin, pick foods with yellow, orange, and red colors. For example, beta carotene found in carrots, lutein found in papaya and spinach, lycopene from tomatoes, and vitamin C from oranges and beetroots are all potent antioxidants that impart a healthy glow to the skin. Now, you know why Alia Bhat loves her beetroot juice and beetroot salad, right?
How Good Food Can Improve your Looks and Make you Attractive?
1. For Beautiful Hair: Hair Issues: Weak or thinning hair, brittle hair, hair loss, hair fall, thin hair, reduce hair breakage, bald patches.
Nutrients to look for in food to keep hair healthy: Protein, B vitamins, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Iron, Zinc, Biotin, Silica, Selenium, etc.
Foods to Eat for Beautiful Hair: Leafy green vegetables, whole eggs, egg yolk, walnuts, flaxseeds, almonds, papaya, carrots, cheese, sweet potato, capsicum, avocado, fish, coconut oil, kidney beans, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, yogurt, oranges, bananas.
2. To Treat Under-Eye Circles: Eat foods that improve blood circulation, would help lighten dark pigmentation, boost collagen production. Also, vitamin K, iron, vitamin E, vitamin C help to treat under-eye circles.
Foods to Eat for Under-Eye Circles: Beetroot, watermelon, cucumber, blueberries, almonds, broccoli, cabbage, kiwi, okra (bhindi), lettuce, green apples, avocado, lemon, etc.
3. Dry Skin: Include food that would add moisture, suppleness, and loads of hydration to the skin. Also, collagen-boosting food will increase firmness and tighten up the skin.
Foods to Eat for Dry Skin: Flaxseeds, fish oil, almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, omega-3 fatty acid rich food such as olive oil.
4. Under-Eye Bags: Are most likely caused by water retention. Drink loads of water and cut back on salt from diet. In addition, pick stuff that would balance out sodium, eat potassium rich food and healthy fats.
Foods to Eat for Under-Eye Bags: Banana, yogurt, orange, lentils, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, raw banana, spinach, almonds, coconut water, cantaloupe, avocados.
5. Fine Lines and Wrinkles: You should look for foods that would boost collagen production, add hydration and suppleness to the skin. It’s a known fat that collagen is a protein that starts to drop from early 30s and as a result, you would notice fine lines and wrinkles; however, foods such as eggs and egg yolks have amino acids that provide a huge dose of protein to the body and the skin, which repletes the collagen in the skin. Include food rich in omega-3 fatty acids, co-enzyme Q10, astaxanthin which helps improve elasticity of skin. Also, dark chocolate is rich in high flavanol content, which protects from the skin against sun damage and improves skin hydration, elasticity and smoothness. When you look for fruits, pick that have the highest antioxidant content, for example, pomegranates are rich in antioxidants, which provide sun protection and help in repairing skin cells. Resveratrol, which is found in red grapes, is a great antioxidant too for anti-ageing.
Foods to include for Anti-Ageing: Olive oil, flaxseeds, pomegranates, ghee, green tea, apple, papaya, blueberries, sweet potatoes, avocados, tomatoes, spinach, green leafy vegetables, broccoli.
6. Internal Protection Against Sun: Astaxanthin in fatty fish not only helps to improve elasticity of the skin, it also protects internally against harmful effects of sun rays. Dark chocolate is rich in high flavanol content, which protects from the skin against sun damage and improves skin hydration, elasticity and smoothness. Pomegranates are a rich source of “Pomphenol” and ellagic acid, one of the most powerful antioxidants that provide sun protection and help in repairing skin cells. Lycopene in tomatoes protect against sun.
Foods to Include: Tomatoes, pomegranates, green tea, strawberries, mangoes, dark chocolate, fatty fish.
7. To Clear Acne: Include foods with Anti-bacterial properties, and also anti-inflammatory foods. Look for foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids, complex carbs, zinc, vitamin E, vitamin A.
Foods To Clear Acne: Garlic, Omega-3 fatty acids, flaxseeds, walnuts, yogurt, whole grains, lemon, almonds, carrot, leafy green vegetables, green tea, brown rice, apple,
8. Hyperpigmentation, Uneven Skin Tone: Eat foods rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, zinc, vitamin D, and also antioxidants.
Food to Include: Spinach, oranges, lemon, papaya, all leafy vegetables.
9. For nails: Foods to include for strong nails – Biotin, iron, zinc, protein.
Foods to include: Sweet potato, berries, whole grains, banana, walnuts, eggs, almonds, cheese, sunflower seeds.
10. Water-Dense Food: These will provide your body and skin additional hydration, if you are falling short of 8 glasses of water everyday. Think about it, you are giving your body water plus loads of vitamins and nutrients by eating foods such as watermelon, cucumbers, tomatoes, and watermelon. Here’s a complete list of water that you can eat.
Additionally, with the correct diet, like Rati Beauty, you could also keep certain hormones in check that directly affect body shape and cause weight gain.