Hope you had a very safe and happy Holi! It’s been quite some time since I did a DIY here. So, I thought might as well utilize the holidays for some DIY projects! I had this one planned for a long time, but I procrastinated all along. Now, I have pushed my lazy bum to get to work. Today, I will be sharing with you a very easy DIY which just requires a couple of ingredients. I’ll be showing you guys how to make “homemade blush with natural ingredients.” Let’s get into it right away 🙂
Ingredients you will need are:
1. Arrowroot Powder*
2. Beetroot Powder*
3. Q tip.
*-Check for substitutes in Note section.
1. Take a beetroot, cut it into small cubes and dry the pieces under the sun. It might take a few days, so please be patient.
2. Now that your beetroot pieces are all dry and crispy, go ahead and powder them using a mixer.
3. In a small dish, take about 1 tbsp of arrowroot powder and 1 tsp of the beetroot powder.
4. With the help of a Q tip, mix the two ingredients. Mix a little bit of the arrowroot powder with the beetroot powder. Swatch them on your hand to see if you like the colour. If it’s too intense, add some more of the arrowroot powder to the mixture.
5. Continue doing this till you get your desired intensity of the blush.
6. If you already have beetroot powder on hand, this process should take about 5 minutes. Tada, now your home made natural blush is ready to be used.
1. If you don’t have arrow root powder. Don’t worry! You could substitute it with Cornstarch, Wheat Flour or All purpose Flour (maida).
2. Beetroot powder can be substituted with hibiscus powder or even finely ground rose powder.
3. If you want a blush that gravitates towards brownish pink, then add a little bit of cocoa powder/cinnamon powder.
4. For an orange shade, you could use carrot powder!
5. Store this blush in an air tight container. It should last for about a month depending on how frequently you use.
5. Play around with different natural color ingredients available in your home to make the colour of the blush you like! There are so many ways you could modify this recipe to suit your own! Go ahead and experiment! 🙂
Hope you all liked my easy blush recipe and found it useful!
Image Source: 1
How To Make BB Cream At Home
How To Make Lips Pink Naturally
How to make Aloe Vera Gel at Home
How To Make Kajal (Kohl) for Eyes at Home
How To Make Cream Blush With Unused Lipsticks: Do It Yourself
How To Make a Chemical-Free Homemade Bronzer Yourself
How To Make Natural Cheek Tint: Do It Yourself
Homemade Body Scrub Recipes With Kitchen Ingredients
Face Pack For Glowing Skin with Natural Ingredients: Do It Yourself