WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Product Purchased By IMBB
Hello lovely ladies,
Today, I am reviewing the most amazing foundation brush ever – Kat Von D Beauty Lock-It Edge Foundation Brush. Read on to know how it fared for me.
Price: PHP 2119 or USD 34
• Never before have we gotten this damn excited about a BRUSH! Introducing the Lock-It Edge Foundation Brush—an original, custom design featuring a sculpted shape that conforms to the curves and contours of your face. With perfectly symmetrical tapered bristles (cruelty-free synthetic of course!), and consistent density throughout the head, this brush reaches every nook and cranny, from every angle, for 360 degrees of the most amazing blending ever.
• Designed with high-performance formulas in mind (ahem, LOCK-IT), the Edge Foundation Brush brings out the best in your formula for optimal coverage, wear and finish. Superb-quality soft, synthetic bristles are like a thousand tiny fingers seamlessly blending foundation into skin for buildable medium to full coverage.
• The sleek stiletto handle—inspired by a witch’s broomstick—provides an ergonomic grip for ultimate control and also doubles as a mixing tool!
• 100% Cruelty Free Forever!
My Experience with Kat Von D Lock-It Edge Foundation Brush #10:
Makeup tools play a very important in makeup application. I keep switching between my Beauty Blender and Sigma 3DHD Kabuki Brush for my foundation application. I’d been eyeing these gorgeous brushes from Kat Von D for quite long, and finally, I have got the Kat Von D Beauty Lock-It Edge Foundation Brush. Read on to know more about this beautiful brush.
The brush comes in a normal matte black colored cardboard box with detailing on it in silver fonts. A little product related information is printed on the box. I had really expected the outer packaging to be sturdier and better, like the Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Brush which comes in a beautiful coffin-shaped case. But, this brush does not come in any case and I have to keep it separately in my brush holder.
I feel that a separate packaging would have been better for this brush to be stored since the pointy edge feels fragile and may break if a little extra pressure is added to it. So, I have to be really careful while storing it. The brush looks so fancy and luxurious. I really love how it looks. The finish is glossy and reflective.
The handle is long with the tapering end. Though it is slightly longer than the normal foundation brushes available I find it really handy and easy to use. The handle is lightweight and feels pretty comfortable while applying the foundation. The dual-edged brush is ergonomically designed to reach every part of the face effortlessly and gives a flawless foundation application.
The brush has two slanted edges and a tip. The flat edges help to buff out the foundation seamlessly while the pointed tip helps to cover the hard-to-reach areas of the face. The bristles are extremely soft and made up of synthetic fibres. These are densely packed, which helps to provide an airbrushed finish.
The brush has short bristles and they are extremely soft. The bristles are very densely packed and this brush is actually supposed to give an airbrushed finish. For best results, I apply my foundation on my face in small dots and then blend it out using this brush. And, the application is so easy with this brush.
My foundation blends perfectly within a few minutes without leaving any harsh lines or streakiness behind. It helps to build up medium to full coverage in just one go. So, this brush is amazing if you want a full coverage makeup. Still, in the end, I lightly dab my Beauty Blender on my skin to make my foundation look more seamless; I don’t really need to do that but it has become a part of my foundation routine.
The brush is itself capable of building up the foundation nicely without making it look cakey at all. It blends everything so quickly and does not require too much effort in blending the foundation. This brush has totally changed my foundation game. I tried it with a BB cream as well and I must say the results are stunning. I have never got such a flawless look with tinted moisturizers so far. So, I love using this brush for both foundations and BB creams.
The brush does not drink up much product. It is easy to wash the brush using a brush cleanser. It cleanses effortlessly and every bit of foundation comes out nicely in one go. There is no shedding of hair so far. I have washed it multiple times and bristles have not lost their shape. The brush takes a few hours to dry out completely since it is quite dense.
Overall, this has turned out as the best foundation brush I have used so far. Now, I have ditched my Sigma brush and this brush has become my favorite.
Pros of Kat Von D Lock-It Edge Foundation Brush #10:
• Beautiful brush
• Ergonomically designed
• Dual edged with a pointed tip
• Hairs are dense and soft
• Made up of synthetic fibres
• Easy to clean
• Blends everything seamlessly
• Does not require too much blending
• Prevents foundation from looking cakey
• Gives a seamless finish
• Helps to build up coverage
• Easily covers hard to reach areas
• Works equally well with foundations and BB creams
• Does not give a very streaky finish
• No shedding of hair
Cons of Kat Von D Lock-It Edge Foundation Brush #10:
• Outer packaging could have been better
• Brush is delicate
IMBB Rating: 4.8/5
Will I Repurchase/Recommend Kat Von D Lock-It Edge Foundation Brush #10?
Yes to both.
Kat Von D Lock-It Concealer
Kat Von D Lock It Concealer Creme
Kat Von D Lock it Tattoo Foundation
Kat Von D Lock-It Precision Powder Brush
Kat Von D Alchemist Holographic Palette
Kat Von D Lock-It Setting Powder
How to Apply Liquid Foundation using Flat Top Kabuki Brush
Beauty 360 Bamboo Powder Brush
Real Techniques Bold Metals 101 Triangle Foundation Brush
Cle De Peau Radiant Powder Foundation