Lakme Gypsy Collection Eye Quartet Tanjore Rush & Silk Route Review, Look, Swatches
There are two eye quartets in the Gypsy Collection : Tanjore Rush and Silk Route
Price : Rs 425
Tanjore Rush consist of golden yellow shade, bronze, forest green with golden shimmer and purple.
Following are the swatches when done with the applicator. Pretty good na! 🙂
But I don’t use applicator to do eye makeup. I use brushes and that’s the pay off when applied with the brushes. These are two swipes of colour each. I used a flat shader brush , which I use to pack the colour on my eyes. The colour pay off of bronze, green and golden is quite decent but purple is quite poor. Also I have no idea how to use the green with this quad. Golden green go together.I tried, I didn’t like the outcome. the purple doesn’t blend with anything. You keep swiping the brush on your lid and you would get a “hint” of colour on your eyes.
Lakme Eye Quartet Silk Route consist of a peachy pink , soft brow,n magenta and midnight black shades.
Swatches when applied with applicator.
These are when applied with brush. Only midnight grey actually shows. Pink is such that would make anyone look ill. I can’t work with this quad at all. The colours are powdery, the pay off is bad and they don’t blend into each other.
My overall experience with Lakme Eye Quartets :
- First, the quartet are not complete in itself. You cannot create one look using all 4 colours.
- The textures of all 4 eye shadows is the same. There is nothing to highlight or to put in the crease.
- Tanjore Rush Eyeshadow Quartet is miles better than the Silk Route . 3 eye shadows out of 4 work pretty well. You can use the gold and bronze for soft every day looks.
- One one day I wore these eye shadows 1 pm till around 10.30 at night and next day from around 11 a.m till around 5 pm in the evening, I didn’t notice any creasing or fading of colour. I used MAC Painterly paint pot as a base but still eye shadows did stick for that long.
- You can do nothing with the tiny applicators. Probably can use it for inner corners but that’s about it.
- Silk Route Quartet has a major fall out.
- My brushes just get filled up with colour every time I pick up a shade. :idk:
Here is the very simple look I did using the Lakme Tanjore Rush Eyeshadow Quartet. Just used gold in the inner third of the eye and bronze in the outer corner. Lined my eyes and applied mascara. I am happy with the way it looked. Simple and no jazz. I have used No 51 Lip gloss .
IMBB Rating for Silk Route Quartet : :-*
Tanjore Rush Quartet : :-*:-*:-*
Have you used Lakme Eye Quartet from the Gypsy Collection?
Note : Products sent by PR for consideration