We don’t think much about preventing dark circles, fine lines, baggy eyelids until they make their appearance. The area around our eyes is extremely sensitive and we should take extra care to prevent premature ageing and dark circles from showing up, and a good eye cream is what we all need. However, if you are worried about using chemical-laden around the sensitive-eye area, here are 7 natural and homemade eye creams that you can whip yourself at home to tackle fine lines, fade away dark circles, smoothen and moisturize under-eye area – in short, all you need for beautiful eyes.
1. Take 3 tbs coconut oil and ¼ teaspoon Vitamin E oil. put them in a glass bowl and mix them well together. Pop it in the fridge to solidify. That’s all there is to this easy eye cream! At night, dab a small amount of this best anti aging eye cream ever under your eyes and be prepared to look younger and brighter in the morning. Coconut oil provides moisture to the skin, while strengthening underlying tissues. Vitamin E oil is packed with antioxidants that help to protect and repair skin.
2. Take 2 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tsp vitamin e oil and 1 tbsp primrose oil in a glass bowl. Take some water in a small sauce pan and put it over high heat. Place your glass bowl in water until the oils warm up. Pour into small glass or container to store. Apply around the eye, being careful to avoid getting the homemade eye cream into the eye. Primrose oil has long been known for its anti-aging properties, it helps even out skin tone and aids in restoring skin at a cellular level.
3. Put 3 tsp. jojoba oil, 3 tsp. apricot-kernel oil and 1 tsp. beeswax into a small sauce pan and heat the mixture over a double boiler on very low heat. Allow it to cool at room temp and then add 5 drops of carrot-seed essential oil. Store the finished eye cream in a clean glass jar and apply it every night.
4. Mix 1 tbsp of jojoba oil, 5 drops of chamomile essential oil and 5 drops of rose essential oil together and store it in a glass bottle. Use this oil every night around the eye area to smoothen under-eye area.
5. Mash half an avocado into a smooth paste and now add 2 tbsp of sweet almond oil. Store the content into a container and use it as a moisturizer. Apply this eye mask everyday and rinse off after 15 minutes to add oodles of moisture and hydration to the under-eye area.
6. Aloe Vera, Rosehip Oil, Vitamin E Eye Cream: Aloe vera gel and Vitamin E can not only reduce the inflammation and redness over the skin, but it also helps avoid bagginess and hydrates the skin. To prepare the same, add 1 tbsp of rosehip oil, and also 1 tbsp of fresh aloe vera gel and Vitamin E capsule in a bowl and mix the two together. You can also add a few drops of coconut oil along with rose water. Mix all the ingredients and apply it on the under-eye region. You can store it in the refrigerator after use and apply it whenever you want to.
7. To treat dark circles, puffiness, wrinkles – here’s that one ultimate eye serum. Detailed recipe here.