LAKME SHEER SATIN LIP GLOSSES REVIEW AND PHOTOS
Shades being reviewed: 21, 11 and 23.
Hello everyone. Hope all of you are doing good. Most of us here in India have been eagerly awaiting the launch of Lakme’s Gypsy Collection Winter 2010 range of cosmetics and finally they are here; mostly everything has been launched, except the blush which I hear is a Limited Edition and has not reached the stores as yet. So, being a real sucker for anything that’s new, I recently picked up 3 of Lakme’s new Sheer Satin Lip Glosses from their new Gypsy Collection. (8 shades are available).
Lakme glosses come in a long glass packing with a gold cap and the top of the gold cap has a small mirror. They are sealed with cellophane wrapping and don’t come along with any cardboard packaging box. I couldn’t find the quantity printed anywhere. The shade numbers are at the lower bottom end of the glosses.
(Left to right: No. 23, 11, 21)
Left to Right: No. 23, 11, 21
Lakme glosses come with a sponge-tip applicator. They have a pleasant bubblegum kind of smell and also leave a sweetish taste in the mouth. I have not found this kind of sweetish taste in any earlier lip glosses from Lakme, so I am guessing that they contain some kind of (artificial?) sweetener as an ingredient. The mirror on the top of the gold cap has a plastic cover which says “Peel off” as seen below. After removal of this plastic, there’s a cute little mirror on the cap, though I really don’t know how useful this mirror would be – how are we supposed to look into the mirror to apply the gloss when the mirror is on the cap/handle itself? I couldn’t figure this out yet.
Lakme Sheer Satin Lip Gloss swatches :
Top to Bottom: No.23, 11 and 21.
A close up look in the same order :
Lakme Sheer Satin Lip Gloss Swatches :
(Lakme Sheer Satin Lip Gloss No. 23)
This is a plummish-purply shade with a high-frost look and very fine shimmer particles. I like this one the best.
(Lakme Sheer Satin Lip Gloss No. 11)
This is a dark peachy, brick-rose kind of colour with no obvious shimmer or frost, but the high shine is there.
(Lakme Sheer Satin Lip Gloss No. 21)
This is a dark pinkish shade, tilting towards mauvish a bit, with shimmery particles and also a frost effect.
WHAT I LIKE ABOUT LAKME SHEER SATIN LIP GLOSSES
- I like the new packaging, as compared to their earlier Star Shine lip glosses.
- I like the idea of the small mirror on the cap (even though I could not figure out how one is supposed to look into the mirror and apply the gloss)!
- They have good spreadability.
- The darker you go shade-wise, the pigmentation is more.
- Pleasant smell.
- Lasts at least 3 hours.
- This time Lakme has updated their website as soon as the collection was launched.
WHAT I DON’T LIKE ABOUT LAKME SHEER SATIN LIP GLOSSES I don’t like the fact that barely anything comes out on the sponge-tip applicator and I had to re-dip the applicator back into the gloss at least 4 to 5 times to get enough gloss to cover my lips. (Maybe I’ve gotten real used to the new heart-shaped wand applicator that many other brands are sporting these days which deposits a good amount of product onto the tip so just one swipe is enough).
- I found the light shades very sheer indeed and the colour almost fades away after about 2 hours.
- The first shade I bought could not open after removing the cellophane wrapping and I had to return it to the store and get a new piece and I made the SA open it in front of me. But I think this was just a pebble on the beach, all the others opened very easily, so I really don’t think I should grumble anymore about this one defective piece.
On a scale of 1 to 5, I would give these glosses a :-* :-*:-* + 0.5
I would definitely re-purchase these in other shades, well, I already have 3 out of the 8 so far.
Have a great weekend and take care.