LAKME GYPSY COLLECTION BLACK SATIN KAJAL REVIEW
Hi again, IMBB beauties. A review on another item I recently bought from the Lakme Gypsy Collection – The Black Satin Kajal, priced at Rs. 150/-.
What attracted me to this kajal was the neat packaging and look of the product. (Oops, sorry I threw away the cardboard packaging), but I remember that it was very neatly packed in a bluish-purple cardboard packing, much bigger than the kajal itself, so totally hygienic and untouched. The Black Satin Kajal is so chic looking and hep – a black background with a spiral gold floral design. The gold flower designs are inter-twining each other and the plastic cap has the same design too. Very lovely looking and attractive indeed.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
I think this is going to be a real hit with most women who like to apply kajal. This is the most blackest black, jet black, midnight black, etc. etc. colour pay-off I have seen in a kajal. It is also super soft to apply and just one stroke gives you rich, intense black colour.
With flash (just one stroke):
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
If you are doing a smokey eye makeup look, you can apply this on your eyelid lightly and smudge it to give a smokey look, followed with grey or silver eye shadow to set it. However, if you have oily lids, I don’t think you can use this as a long-lasting eyeliner as it tends to settle into the crease after a while. Now, regarding this being water resistant and smudge-proof, I would like to show you the following pics :
I allowed it to ‘set’ and I lightly tried smudging it after 5 minutes :
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
Then I rubbed it with very slight pressure :
A closer look :
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
PROS OF LAKME GYPSY COLLECTION BLACK SATIN KAJAL
- A very nice, neat and fashionable-looking kajal.
- Good innovation from Lakme.
- Is super soft to apply.
- Just one stroke gives you rich, intense black colour pay-off.
- Such a rich black kajal is a first from Lakme.
- Being so soft, can be used on the waterline as well.
- It most probably will not cause allergies as it appears to be absolutely fragrance-free.
- A good, convenient size, so easy to carry around in the handbag.
- Reasonably priced.
- Lakme has updated their website as soon as the Gypsy Collection was launched.
CONS OF LAKME GYPSY COLLECTION BLACK SATIN KAJAL
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
- I think the wearing time would be longer than their regular kajal, but it does tend to smudge after a few hours.
- Definitely not as long-lasting in terms of wearability than their 9 to 5 Eye Defining Pencil.
- If using as an eyeliner, you would need a good primer so that it doesn’t set in the creases (unless you have dry skin).
- Swimmers – be careful, unless you want raccoon eyes!
- I have nothing else to crib about, as I’m liking the colour pay-off too much!
On a scale of 1 to 5 as far as a kajal goes (not an eyeliner), I would give this a full :-* :-*:-*:-*:-*
Will I re-purchase this?
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
Take care and have a great week!
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips