WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
LAKME GYPSY COLLECTION BLACK SATIN KAJAL REVIEW
Hi again, IMBB beauties. A review on another item I recently bought from the Lakme Gypsy Collection – The Black Satin Kajal, priced at Rs. 150/-.
What attracted me to this kajal was the neat packaging and look of the product. (Oops, sorry I threw away the cardboard packaging), but I remember that it was very neatly packed in a bluish-purple cardboard packing, much bigger than the kajal itself, so totally hygienic and untouched. The Black Satin Kajal is so chic looking and hep – a black background with a spiral gold floral design. The gold flower designs are inter-twining each other and the plastic cap has the same design too. Very lovely looking and attractive indeed.
I think this is going to be a real hit with most women who like to apply kajal. This is the most blackest black, jet black, midnight black, etc. etc. colour pay-off I have seen in a kajal. It is also super soft to apply and just one stroke gives you rich, intense black colour.
With flash (just one stroke):
If you are doing a smokey eye makeup look, you can apply this on your eyelid lightly and smudge it to give a smokey look, followed with grey or silver eye shadow to set it. However, if you have oily lids, I don’t think you can use this as a long-lasting eyeliner as it tends to settle into the crease after a while. Now, regarding this being water resistant and smudge-proof, I would like to show you the following pics :
I allowed it to ‘set’ and I lightly tried smudging it after 5 minutes :
Then I rubbed it with very slight pressure :
A closer look :
PROS OF LAKME GYPSY COLLECTION BLACK SATIN KAJAL
- A very nice, neat and fashionable-looking kajal.
- Good innovation from Lakme.
- Is super soft to apply.
- Just one stroke gives you rich, intense black colour pay-off.
- Such a rich black kajal is a first from Lakme.
- Being so soft, can be used on the waterline as well.
- It most probably will not cause allergies as it appears to be absolutely fragrance-free.
- A good, convenient size, so easy to carry around in the handbag.
- Reasonably priced.
- Lakme has updated their website as soon as the Gypsy Collection was launched.
CONS OF LAKME GYPSY COLLECTION BLACK SATIN KAJAL
- I think the wearing time would be longer than their regular kajal, but it does tend to smudge after a few hours.
- Definitely not as long-lasting in terms of wearability than their 9 to 5 Eye Defining Pencil.
- If using as an eyeliner, you would need a good primer so that it doesn’t set in the creases (unless you have dry skin).
- Swimmers – be careful, unless you want raccoon eyes!
- I have nothing else to crib about, as I’m liking the colour pay-off too much!
On a scale of 1 to 5 as far as a kajal goes (not an eyeliner), I would give this a full :-* :-*:-*:-*:-*
Will I re-purchase this?
Take care and have a great week!