WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
LAKME GYPSY COLLECTION BLACK SATIN KAJAL REVIEW
Hi again, IMBB beauties. A review on another item I recently bought from the Lakme Gypsy Collection – The Black Satin Kajal, priced at Rs. 150/-.
What attracted me to this kajal was the neat packaging and look of the product. (Oops, sorry I threw away the cardboard packaging), but I remember that it was very neatly packed in a bluish-purple cardboard packing, much bigger than the kajal itself, so totally hygienic and untouched. The Black Satin Kajal is so chic looking and hep – a black background with a spiral gold floral design. The gold flower designs are inter-twining each other and the plastic cap has the same design too. Very lovely looking and attractive indeed.
I think this is going to be a real hit with most women who like to apply kajal. This is the most blackest black, jet black, midnight black, etc. etc. colour pay-off I have seen in a kajal. It is also super soft to apply and just one stroke gives you rich, intense black colour.
With flash (just one stroke):
If you are doing a smokey eye makeup look, you can apply this on your eyelid lightly and smudge it to give a smokey look, followed with grey or silver eye shadow to set it. However, if you have oily lids, I don’t think you can use this as a long-lasting eyeliner as it tends to settle into the crease after a while. Now, regarding this being water resistant and smudge-proof, I would like to show you the following pics :
I allowed it to ‘set’ and I lightly tried smudging it after 5 minutes :
Then I rubbed it with very slight pressure :
A closer look :
PROS OF LAKME GYPSY COLLECTION BLACK SATIN KAJAL
- A very nice, neat and fashionable-looking kajal.
- Good innovation from Lakme.
- Is super soft to apply.
- Just one stroke gives you rich, intense black colour pay-off.
- Such a rich black kajal is a first from Lakme.
- Being so soft, can be used on the waterline as well.
- It most probably will not cause allergies as it appears to be absolutely fragrance-free.
- A good, convenient size, so easy to carry around in the handbag.
- Reasonably priced.
- Lakme has updated their website as soon as the Gypsy Collection was launched.
CONS OF LAKME GYPSY COLLECTION BLACK SATIN KAJAL
- I think the wearing time would be longer than their regular kajal, but it does tend to smudge after a few hours.
- Definitely not as long-lasting in terms of wearability than their 9 to 5 Eye Defining Pencil.
- If using as an eyeliner, you would need a good primer so that it doesn’t set in the creases (unless you have dry skin).
- Swimmers – be careful, unless you want raccoon eyes!
- I have nothing else to crib about, as I’m liking the colour pay-off too much!
On a scale of 1 to 5 as far as a kajal goes (not an eyeliner), I would give this a full :-* :-*:-*:-*:-*
Will I re-purchase this?
Take care and have a great week!