WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Lip injection is also known as lip augmentation procedure. It is one of the most common procedures around the globe. Lip injections promise to make your lips full and plump. In this procedure, dermal fillers are injected into the lips to make them appear full and thick. Lip injections come under “coffee time/lunch time” procedures because it hardly takes half an hour to get the fillers done. There would be a little swelling on the lips for one or two days, but after that your lips will look naturally full. But are lip injections permanent?
There are various types of dermal fillers that can be injected into your lips and around the mouth area. Lately, the most common filler that most doctors use is hyaluronic acid based fillers such as Restylane. Hyaluronic acid has multiple benefits and it’s a natural substance that is also found normally in human body. Hyaluronic acid reduces adds lots of hydration to the skin, makes skin smooth and supple, and smooths out fine lines and wrinkles. It also makes lips appear fuller and plump.
There are three types of lip fillers that are commonly used in lip injections:
- Hyaluronic acid- it’s a natural substance found in the body, currently everyone’s favourite.
- Collagen- This was once the most common dermal filler. The newer options such as Juvederm Volbellain are considered comparatively safer with effects that last longer.
- Fat injection- Fat injections and implants can also give you fuller lips, but there is a greater risk with this method and hardly practiced nowadays.
- Uses of Hyaluronic Acid Fillers- This filler can change the way thin lips look by adding fullness and shape to the lips.
How Long Do Lip Injections Last?
Lip injections can give you full and big lips for about four to six months. After that, lips return back to their original shape and thickness.
Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid Fillers:
- Control over lip volume – The amount of filler injected can by according to what you desire. You can discuss with the doctor on the amount of fullness required.
- Bumps dissolve easily- Any bump or bruising after getting the lip injection will subside within two days.
- Hyaluronic lip injections hardly cause any allergic reaction and are completely safe. However, to be completely sure, do inform your doctor about things you are allergic to.
Lip injections are not a permanent solution to get plump lips, you will have to maintain the lip volume with follow up injections after six months because the fillers will dissolve within a time period of four to six months and your lips will shrink back to their original shape.