When you are in college and don’t have any money of your own and really really want to buy something, what do you do ? You IMPROVISE 😀 that’s what I did all the time, I can’t really buy OPI and China glaze. Who am I kidding, I can’t really buy any expensive nail paint; You should see your mom’s face when you tell her your nail paint is Rs200 🙂 she’ll give you a very nice look and say “you can buy a casual t- shirt in that.” Now I do earn some money, thanks to IMBB :), and I do feel liberated, but that feeling of not spending too much doesn’t leave me. I still feel if it is a nice investment or not (reality check). I am not on a salary of 30 thousand 😛 and anyways I am trying to save the money I earn to do some very interesting secret project that I am working on 😀 MUAHHAHAH you guys will see in 2 months :D. Getting back to the subject, I am still stuck thinking about how to spend my money and not get scolded for Vanity 😀 heheh so the cure of this problem is Local nail paints :). I know you guys will say that they are not good quality and they can harm you, but I really don’t have any choice and, to be very honest, I think all the nail polishes have the same chemicals just the really high brands don’t have them, that’s just a guess. 🙂 I started buying these nail paints because of the sort of jewelry I make; I need nail paints to be a good barrier between the material and air and water. 🙂
Although all these nail paints are local, I have used them and their quality is really good 🙂
Some of these nail paints are not worn by me on my nails but on the jewelry that I make, but let me assure you, they are seriously good, I mean at least for their price
Okay so all these colors are Rs15 each; one of them is a base and top coat so I didn’t swatch that 😛
1. This color is a pearl grey which I really like 😀 – it is a very nice color because it’s intensely pigmented and the color on my nails is just by one swipe 😀 I love this color because it isnt too gothic and not to girly, I wear it with really bright colors to neutralize the effect (Number 208)
aren’t the little glitter particles lovely? 😀
2. This is a pearl purple color and I have used these for a lot of my rings and pendants. 🙂 but its light- you won’t get the same color of the bottle in one swipe, you have to put 3 coats to get that color. In one coat you can see the surface below because the base color itself is so light I guess. Once you put three coats it looks heavenly ( number 92 ).
I don’t like to apply it on my fingers because I don’t like colors lighter then my skin tone right now, but its very good for my jewelry 🙂
3. You remember the green with envy pendant in my article about my handmade creations? well this was the nail color I put on it. This is a pearly green which I really really like to play with. 🙂
Check out the color! Isn’t it matching to the green hornet 😛 (number 5)
4. This is a purpulish blue color and I have to be honest I really love it, although I don’t have the guts to wear it outside my house 😛 I will use it for my future jewelry escapades 😛 It really is a beautiful color. You really just have to swipe the brush once to get the exact same color as the bottle. (Number 109)
5. This is my favorite color in the whole local nail polish article because its an rust orange, I have used this for the rustic rose ring, it’s highly pigmented and looks LOVELY. oh yeah and its glossy on its own I haven’t put any top coat on it or any color (number 226)
6. I bought this color with the blue one because both of them looked very nice together, I have NO intention of wearing this color outside right now: P but you never know I am very moody 😛 . I will definitely make a jewelry piece in the mix of this and the blue one 😀 (Number7)
This swatch too was just one time swipe and no top coat, its glossy on its own. 🙂
I hope you guys enjoyed my not so famous nail paint brands. The name of the brad is Blue Clun is the name of the Blue nail paint and the others are Ebony London, I researched this company and its by Sugan cosmetics.
Pros of Local Nail Polishes
– The price !!!
– Colors are highly pigmented
– Snazzy colors available
– They are Locally available
Cons of Local Nail Polishes
– Some light colors are not pigmented
– Does leave a little color when you apply it without any base coat ( that happens even with lakme that I wear )
– You might not find them in your locality
– There isn’t that Vast a collection oh and no names.
Will I purchase them again? – Yes . you didn’t even have to ask 😀
Do tell me your local companies that do make good nail polishes
P.S: these nail paints are great if you want to apply them on some occasions but some nail paints of the same company are very good quality and can be applied everyday while others are not so everyday wear. Buy these if you want to experiment with color 🙂
*devil chuckle* you guys will be surprised in 2 months hopefully 😀