L’Oreal Voluminous False Lashes Mascara
I haven’t been using make up that long actually I have only just begun experimenting. This mascara has one been my 2nd tube ever…amateur! I was convinced to purchase this particular one because of a good review I heard from one of those YouTube beauty gurus. They are my usual source for discovering new and good products. My first tube of mascara was the Maybelline x-pro double ended; it has a primer on one end and the mascara on the other. I visited Miami a few months ago and I saw this in the drug store, Walgreens and ended up purchasing it for us $8.99 if I remember correctly. The packaging is really pretty and eye catching with its sleek, shiny gold tubing.
L’Oreal’s description of what this mascara is supposed to do:
The power of sculpting fibers give you an outrageous, false lash look from any angle with this fiber volumizing mascara by L’Oreal.
• Incomparably volumized
• Extended new lengths
• Infinitely structured
• Incredibly curled
What I Like About L’Oreal Voluminous False Lashes Mascara
• I love the packaging, I think that’s what really caught my eye (im a sucker for nice packaging) it looks so gorgeous and high end even if its not.
• This mascara does the job on volumizing the lashes, but I don’t think it necessarily lengthening.
• The wand is not big and bulky, its really easy to use for people with small eyes like myself. The brush itself is slightly bent and so it covers the entire lash line, its convenient to use it on the lower lash line as well. The bristles are short and there are a lot of them,
• The product itself, is not watery, its actually pretty dry and thick even from the very first use, which was pretty surprising.
What I Don’t Like About L’Oreal Voluminous False Lashes Mascara
• It’s not very buildable, the product dries really fast so you cant really put more coats without it looking messing and clumpy.
• Maximum 2 coats else, you’ll get that spidery look, which despise.
• It’s definitely waterproof, its really hard to take off without using some sort of oil based eye makeup remover, not just the regular wipes, and you do have to soak it for a few seconds.
• It does feel a bit heavy on the lashes but im not to sure if the primer that I use can also contribute to this.
How I Like to Use It
For maximum performance out of this mascara, I like to use the primer I got with the Maybelline mascara, and use the loreal on top. By doing that I get maximum volume and length and I think it works like a charm.
I am not a professional or anything close to one, but so far I like how the combination works for an amateur.
I would recommend this to a friend along with a lash primer.
I would give it a 7/10.
I wouldn’t necessarily repurchase this, not because I don’t like it but just for the reason that I would have to purchase a lash primer along with it, and just because I would like to try out other things…expand my make up horizon.
L’Oreal Paris Lash Architect False Lash Effect Mascara
L’oreal Paris Volume Million lashes, Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara
L’oreal Telescopic Mascara
L’oreal Extra Volume Collagene Waterproof Mascara
L’oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara
L’Oreal Volume Million Lashes Mascara
10 thoughts on “L’Oreal Voluminous False Lashes Mascara Review”
I too have heard fab reviews on this one and was planning to get it 🙂
good review!!i never used any mascara & planing to buy one but I think maybelline is good to start with!!!
I love the effect it gives to your eyelashes 🙂
Nice review, but I might give this a miss – if it is too hard to remove, I will end up rubbing all over my eyes and that can’t be too good.
I do not like mascaras which are difficult to remove. I will skip it!
great review stacey. welcome to imbb. :)) I am not a huge fan of waterproof mascaras but this looks good. lovely pics. 🙂
heard and seen so much of this stacey 🙂
I wanted to buy this mainly coz of the packaging… but now i’d avoid 🙂
grt review gal 🙂
nice review.. i love mascaras.. will try it definitely..:)
Good review Stacey! Here’s a tip, I know you probably weren’t too impressed with this mascara, but I brought this a while ago as well. I usually like to pair it with another mascara. For daily wear I use the Covergirl 24hr lashblast mascara, then apply the second coat with the L’Oreal Voluminous False Lashes mascara, the results are phenomenal! I would’t discredit this mascara completely, It does help with slight extension to your lashes, just make sure you pair it with another mascara. It would give you the added length and volume without being too sticky. Also if you can use a mascara primer, it can help soften the lumpiness of the mascara! Good luck! 🙂