WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Lotus Natural Blend Comfort Liquid Foundation Review
Hey Beautiful Ladies!! Wassup??? Hope all of you had a good start to the New Year! 🙂 Today I am writing my first foundation review on Lotus Natural Blend Comfort Liquid Foundation which I bought some time back. Now I am the kind of person who loves to experiment with new products. Often the results are rewarding and at others they are a complete waste of money-and it gives me a whole day/week of bad mood 🙁
Ok, So moving onto the topic-I was and am quite happy with my Revlon New Complexion makeup (shade name : Sand Beige) which not only suits my facial complexion perfectly but also has never broken me out and never ever looks cakey-gives medium to full coverage and light weight like thin air!. So even after having such a nice thing-I decided to try out some new liquid foundation and after hearing so many good reviews on Lotus Makeup products I decided to opt for theLotus Natural Blend Foundation.
NATURALBLEND Lotus Herbals Comfort Liquid Foundation SPF-20: Price Rs 225
The foundation comes in a cute 30ml glass bottle with dispenser pump. The foundation shades are not mentioned in the Lotus Herbals website. The site says –this foundation contains Botanical extracts of grape seed & soy lecithin and then on the bottle it reads that it is sun protective, non-smudging and long staying.
The foundation has a creamy consistency rather than liquid. There are three shades available. Mine is “Sand”-it is the darkest shade but I don’t remember the name of the medium and palest shade :(. While buying I tested them on my jawline and sadly I found none of the three shades available match my skin color perfectly. However since the foundation’s texture was very creamy and it blended so easily-I decided to go for one. The SA advised me to go for the medium shade -but I feared I may look cakey and thus for a safe option went for the darkest shade. If only I knew what a blunder I was doing . 🙁
So coming home-I washed my face and decided to do my full face with it. And after putting it on-I was horrified to see that my face actually looked muddy!! It looked as if I have applied some multani mitti pack (yeah! The appearance was closest to that!) although the shade had blended almost invisibly at the counter. My skin looked 2 tones darker-I know it had been unwise to choose a darker shade-but I thought topping it up with a suitable compact will make me look natural. But I failed there too! I used Maybelline UV compact in Natural (which fits my skin tone exactly) and then my face looked like having dried matte mud on it ☹ You can see the marks of the foundation on my palm-it looks orange-ish . So I thought I have again hit a dud and stashed it away in a corner.
So it was during one chilly lazy afternoon couple of days back-I felt like taking it out to inspect it once more –and to see if anything could be done about it. Then I was struck by an idea!! I mixed equal parts of my Revlon New Complexion foundation with the Lotus one and then I got the desired tone with the creamy texture!!! The result was a creamy foundation that gave me quite a natural look (and showed me a way of using up the Lotus stuff somehow)
Pros of Lotus Natural Blend Comfort Liquid Foundation
- Herbal, has a creamy texture and good fragrance
- It comes in a bottle with dispenser and at an affordable price
- Gives full coverage and a smooth finish once the foundation gets absorbed
- Has got SPF 20.
Cons of Lotus Natural Blend Comfort Liquid Foundation
- Very limited shade option –Lotus being an Indian company should take care of the variety of skin tones in Indian women-and there are only 3 shades- (the palest one may suit only the apple cheeked beauties of Kashmir and Himachal) So left with only the medium and darkest one- and I think there are some 3-4 Indian skin tones that may come between them.
- Although the texture is creamy-I found it takes long to get absorbed in the skin (the foundation says “For Normal to dry skin” ). It was wet for some time after applying and since I had put a powder within that time-my face looked absolutely plastered. I think this is not the foundation for a quick 5 minute make up. And this is Winter!!-I can’t think what may happen in summer with the foundation melting all over.
- It is not feather-light: I definitely felt “something is on my face” while wearing it.
Will I purchase it again: I can risk 225 bucks more on the medium shade to see if it fits the bill-only because I love the finish and coverage-otherwise NO
Rating : :-* :-* + 0.5 (I will add 0.5 more if the medium shade suits me :D)
Also Read :
- Lotus Herbals Botanical Compact Review
- Lotus Herbals Translucent Loose Powder Review
- Lotus Herbals Makeup Counters in India