I remember last year in December when I entered the MAC store for the first time, I was looking ghostly-white wearing a shade lighter Lakme foundation on my face.The MAC MUA had a worried look on his face when he saw my makeup. He offered me to sit on the chair and let him give a little make over to me. He removed the entire makeup from my face with a MAC wipe, asked my skin type and grabbed a foundation from the shelf.
It was MAC Mineralize Satinfinish foundation in shade NC 40.
Voila! It was such a pleasant change I saw in my makeup. My skin was glowing, and the foundation shade was the exact match of my skin tone. What else could I ask for. I purchased the foundation and MSF. I joined my hubby at Music World where he was browsing the VCDs. He was pleasantly surprised to see me and complimented on my look.
And that’s where my love for MAC started. It gave me my exact shade of foundation. Since then there has been no looking back. I still love and respect MAC a lot.
Coming to the review!
Since this was one of my first foundation I have ever tried , I used to love it a lot. But ever a period of trying and testing out new things, there are a lot of flaws also I have found with this foundation.
- It has sheer to medium coverage so it never gives a heavy caked look to your face.
- It has light illuminating particles that are great for winter time. They make your skin look glowy and dewy.
- You can also use this foundation as a highlighter for you cheekbones, nose , forehead etc.
- It is an oil based foundation so it is great for girls with dry skin. I have never felt a need to moisturize my face prior to wearing this foundation. It never made my skin feel stretchy or uneasy.
- Great foundation for “winter ” evening time.
- Stays on for hours at a go.
- It never oxidized on me.
- Lots of shades to choose from. You might just find a perfect match for your skin tone.
- It comes in a pump bottle to easier to use.
- It is especially a winter foundation. I cannot use it during summer time because it makes my skin look oily and shiny. At this price I would prefer a foundation that I could use all year long.
- The illuminating particles make my face look like a disco ball during summer time.
- If you have big pores, this foundation is pretty capable of accentuating them.
- I have used foundations with better textures and finishes. I can say that now. 🙂
- It photographs badly because of illuminating particles and presence of SPF in it.
Overall a good foundation for winter wear and strictly for dry skin girls.
I have stopped using this foundation now because my skin tone has lightened over a period of time . I use the shade NC 35 in MAC foundations now. Also, this foundation has expired now. It has started to smell funny and the texture has thickened a little.
Here is the NC 40 shade. It has a little orangish tone to it. It was a perfect match for my skin once upon a time. 🙂
Indian Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating : :-* :-* :-*
Have you used MAC Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation? Please rate in the box below.
PS : MAC Tartan Tale Collection is launching today. Finally!
Also, Read :
- MAC Studio Tech Foundation Review
- MAC Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation Review
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Medium Dark Review