WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
MAC Studio Tech Foundation Review
MAC Studio Tech Foundation : I was recently on the hunt for a compact foundation and went over to the MAC counter at my local Macy’s to buy the Mineralize SPF 15 foundation. I ended up picking up the Studio Tech foundation because I found it to be a better match for my skin.
Here is what MAC says about the product on their website:
“Totally tech. A tri-system blend of water, emollients and powder. Looks solid, glides on as a soft, creamy emulsion. Provides a natural matte, powder-perfect finish. Smooth to blend, easy to work with: provides a full range of coverage. Water-cooled – refreshes and hydrates skin. Light diffusing: softens lines, creates a fresh, flawless finish. Good on all skin types. Studio Tech is dermatologist tested, ophthalmologist tested, non-acnegenic and safe for contact lens wearers”
Price: You get 10 grams or 0.35 oz for $29.50 or approximately 1750 INR
MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC 40 without flash.
Here is what I think:
Pros of MAC Studio Tech Foundation
- I have oily skin that is dry in some places (like flaky dry) and very oily in other places. The foundation glides over and creates and even finish. It’s easy to go around the nose and eyes and it settles well on the skin.
- The foundation has a matte finish and buildable coverage. I found the coverage to be pretty natural and it doesn’t even look like I’m wearing foundation. It’s not “glowy” or “shimmery” at all, so it’s work/school appropriate.
- You don’t need a concealer or powder with this. I use it on my dark circles and acne scars and I don’t need any other product to minimize those imperfections afterward.
- If you use blush, it stays put on this. I’ve had a problem of my blush “sliding” off many liquid foundations; this makes it stay in place.
- It’s a long lasting wear and you can easily wear it for 8 hours, but make sure you’re not working out with it on.
- The packaging is light, and sleek and you can carry it around easily. Application with the sponge is easy and not messy at all.
The sponge applicator.
Cons of MAC Studio Tech Foundation
- It is NOT sweat proof. I wore this to the gym and learned the hard way. Also, as soon as this touches water it does start moving around. This is a problem I’ve had with most of my MAC foundations. I think this is a problem with all water-based foundations.
- It’s pretty expensive even though it is a “mid-priced” MAC foundation. I’ve already made a major dent in my compact and feel this isn’t going to last me more than 3-4 weeks, I’m still debating whether almost $10 a week for foundation is worth it.
Buy MAC Studio Tech if you want to simplify your life and want a good one-step foundation with a natural matte finish. It’s worked great for my combination skin, but if you have dry skin you might want to try Mineralize foundation instead. It’s pricey, but the quality is definitely worth it.
Quality: 5 Stars
Price: 3 Stars
Packaging: 5 Stars
Availability: 5 Stars
Have you used MAC Studio Tech Foundation? Please rate in the box below.
Further Readings :
- MAC Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation Review
- How to Apply Cream Foundation : MAC Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation
- MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation Review
- MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation Review