Make-up for Office and A Lunch Date in Between
I work in the IT industry and have 5 days a week working. And even though I have the weekends off, my friends always end up making plans for lunch on a weekday!!! Well yeah that’s something that happens to me very often and it leaves me either over made-up for office or under made-up for my lunch dates. Am sure many of you must have faced this situation and so today I am out with a solution that I myself religiously follow for days like these 🙂
Well, you see what I do is I do some defining make-up for the eyes and then play around with lipstick shades appropriate for a particular ocassion. So, in the morning I do a make-up that looks something like this…
What I have done, simply cleaned my face and applied a good moisturizer. I have used Garnier Body cocoon here. Alternatively, you could also use a tinted moisturizer over a concealer.
Following are the steps I followed to do up my eyes:
1. Lined my lower waterline with a nice, dark and a smudge proof kajal. Here I have used L’Oreal Pencil Perfect Self Advancing Eyeliner
2. Next, I have applied a black liquid liner from ELF over my kajal in order to lock it and prevent the kajal from smudging the whole day.
3. Next, I applied NYX Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone and blended in over my lids i.e. From my lashline to the eye sockets. Optionally, you could also use some neutral eyeshadow like brown/beige/light pink.
4. Finally, I applied Colorbar Liquid Eye Liner in Black over my upper lashline.
My eyes look like this.
I finished off making the eye up by using some coats of Mascara…
Next, I concentrated on the lips and picked up a nudish shade and applied it generously. I used Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick in Warm Me Up (235).
Finally, I finished off my make-up with a very light hand of Blush on the apple of my cheeks 🙂 For this I used StreetWear Blush in Pink Blossom.
VOILA! I was ready for office 🙂
Now, let’s get ready to go out for lunch!!! 😀
All I do is re-apply the blush. This gives a bit more flush to the cheeks and that gives a bit of a “going outy” look 😉
Next, I apply another coat of mascara. This I do to both my upper as well as lower lashes.
Finally, I wipe the morning’s lippy and re-apply a brighter shade of lipstick. This time I have used Colorbar’s Velvet Matte Lipstick in Addictive Magenta.
Here’s the look:
I have tied up my hair here, but you could leave it as you please 🙂
The products that I have used are as follows:
- L’Oreal Pencil Perfect Self Advancing Eyeliner
- ELF Liquid Eye Liner in Black
- NYX Eye Shadow Base in Skin Tone
- Colorbar Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Black
- Maybelline Colorsensatinal Lipstick in Warm Me Up
- Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick in Addictive Magenta
- Street Wear Blush in Pink Blossom
I forgot to include my NYX Eyeshadow base in the pic 🙁
Also read :
- NYX Eyeshadow Base – Skin Tone Review, LOTD
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick Warm Me Up Swatches and Photos
- Colorbar Precision Waterproof Eyeliner Review, Photos, Swatches
- Easy Office Eye MakeUp Tutorial
- Office Makeup : Neutral Eye Makeup for Office & Everyday