WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hi pretty people!
Or Hallo mooie mensen! That’s the same in Dutch, thought this would be a good idea, learning a new greeting in a not-too-familiar language. So, here I am with the review of a blush palette from Makeup Revolution London. I was surprised by the high end packaging of such an affordable palette. It’s a really classy black packaging. Minimalistic, yet makes quite an impact! The box reminded me of a delectable chocolate bar – and inside, the 8 blushes looked like creamy candy pots and I fell instantly in love with it.
Beautiful Blush palette full of 8 stunning cream blushers.
Amazing pigmentation , creamy and so easy to blend.
Comes in professional palette with large full size mirror.
INR 1550 for 13 grams. (I mentally calculated 1550/8 = 193.75 per creamy candy pot blush. So, le conscience was happy.
My Experience with Makeup Revolution London All About Cream Blush Palette:
This blushes in the palette have the texture of a creamy slab of butter, which is exactly what I was looking for! The blushes blend in more with my skin to the extent where my friends asked me whether I was even wearing blush or was just genuinely blushing. 😉 I like that the pigmentation is buildable. At first, it’s a slight flush like a tint and then it can be built up for a more obvious ‘I’m –attending-a-party-where-the-blush-needs-to-show-amidst-all-the-camera-flashes’ look. So, it works both ways for me.
It is longwearing and if set with a powder blush, it can last you for more than 4 hours, I’d say (depending on your skin type, how much you sweat etc). However, if you have really oily skin, I’d say, get the Sugar and Spice blush palette as it even has a brilliant highlighter included and it’s powder based. I wore it with a light hand without powder and it lasted me through a hot summer morning for more than 2 and half hours. If I had powdered it and not wiped my face too much, it would’ve lasted a couple of hours more on my skin.
The fact that Makeup revolution has shown such a brilliant understanding of shades that are in vogue, the looks and fashion that complement the makeup of this year, at a very affordable price range and with high-end looking packaging, is more than enough to make it a worthy buy, I believe. I have hauled in an eyeshadow palette (the Iconic 2), a lipstick from this brand and I think I’d love to try their liquid blushes as well when it is available online in India. So yes, I love all the youthful colours this brand has to offer and the price range it is available at. I would definitely order more from them.
I have numbered the shades from the reader’s right to left in the swatch and I have described them too in that manner.
Top Row :
• A bright candy coral pink shade. It’s light, subtle and perfect for daywear along with bronzy nude eye makeup.
• A slightly more warm muted pink with a bit of brown tones. Can be a perfect MLBB shade for some. And, oh, did I mention that this palette can be doubled up as a sheer lip palette as well?
• A cool toned candy pink which is very bright and can be mixed with the warmer shades to make it more wearable. Or can be used for photoshoots.
• Probably my favourite shade in the palette – a warm, bright pink with a hint of reddish brick tone in it.
Bottom Row: (From the reader’s right to left)
• A creamy, milky peach pink. A shade every girl loves to drool at and it doesn’t look OTT on my cheeks at all. I’d probably mix this shade in with a darker pink lippie and use it more on my lips.
• This is another cool toned bright pink with violet undertones. And, I need to figure out what to do with this shade. 😛
• A bubblegum cool toned pink again.
• A deep red-based pink that can complement fair to medium skin tones easily.
That being said, I wish all the shades in this blush palette were warm toned (for obvious reasons) and a deep red blush too needs to be there that I could’ve used during festive occasions.
Pros of Makeup Revolution London All About Cream Blush Palette:
• Creamy blushes.
• Has 8 pretty shades – a good mix of warm and cool tones.
• The quantity is good and owning a blush palette keeps your makeup more organised.
• Classy packaging that is at par with high end products.
• Great for daily wear as well as festive purposes.
• Doubles up as a casual wear lip palette as well.
• It looks so good that you’d leave candy crush and stare at this baby instead!
Cons of Makeup Revolution London All About Cream Blush Palette:
• The two cool toned shades are not that much of use for me, unless I want to do experimental looks.
• The lack of an orangish-red blush in the palette.
• This palette is mostly meant for fair to medium skin tones.
• For optimum pigmentation, one needs to pick up more of the blush by rubbing the finger into the buttery pan three or four times in circles.
• For oily skin types, this needs to be set with a powder blush.
I, somehow, have fallen in love with this brand considering how updated they are and how well they research when it comes to latest trends in makeup. You won’t find even a single outdated shade in their collection and they do pay a lot of attention to packaging. At the same time, they do not hike up the price too much. So yes, I’m eyeing their eyeshadows now. I’d heartily give a thumbs up to this brand.
Makeup Revolution London Luscious Amazing Lipstick
Makeup Revolution London Divine Amazing Lipstick
NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation
Clinique All About Eyes Eye Gel
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Mad About Mauve
Blossom Kochhar’s Almond Under Eye Cream
Coastal Scents 10 Blush Palette
e.l.f. Studio Blush Palette – Dark
BH Cosmetics Duo Blush Palette