Maybelline New York Shadow Stylist- Review
I love nude shades. I have quite a collection of nude lipsticks and nude glosses. I was always in search of an eye shadow which will match my skin tone exactly. So that it should look natural. I tried many palettes but finally found a single shade that was perfect for me.
The Maybelline Shadow Stylist is loose powder eye shadow in a bottle with a sponge tip applicator. I have one in the shade Casual Brown. It is a light, nude colour. I have forgotten the exact price but it was somewhere between Rs. 230-250/-. Sorry about that!!
This is my Shadow Stylist-
Directions for use:
- Shake package. Tap off excess powder.
- Use the unique sponge tip applicator to apply one layer to your eyelids for a basic look.
- Apply more pressure during application for more color and intensity.
- To further intensify the look, add lighter shades to highlight and darker shades to contour your eyes.
Check out the shades of Maybelline New York Shadow Stylist here–
I love Maybelline Shadow Stylist because-
- It is very cute and the packaging is chic. The packaging looks like a nail-polish bottle.
- It’s non-messy, easy to carry around and convenient.
- It’s very colour intense. One swipe is enough to cover the entire eye area.
- As you can see, it seamlessly blends into my skin tone. It evens out my lid colour and gently reflects light.
Check out the difference.
- Though it is a loose powder, it is very fine. It does not settle into lines and will be good for mature skin.
- It has subtle shimmer which reflects light and makes the eyelids look even. Again good for mature skin.
- It is very smooth, glides easily and evenly.
- The finish is basically matte with some shimmer. As you go on layering, the shimmer will intensify.
- Being in a loose powder format, it slightly absorbs the oil on the lids. Good for oily skin.
- I apply it on top of concealer/primer and it stays strong till upto 4-5 hrs.
- The colour I have is a very basic brown. I love it as it can be combined with any other colour.
- When applied alone, it makes my eyes look bright and bigger than they already are.
- I rarely need to reapply. Although it is very convenient to reapply.
- The Casual Brown colour matches my complexion so well, that it is difficult to tell if I am wearing anything at all on my eyes. And how I love that feeling!!!!
- I am planning to stock these up in other basic colours like Sultry Black, Sleek brown (dark brown), Urban Grey and Pearl. The Opulent green one is also quite nice. What the hell…. I like all the shades!!!!
- The black and grey will make amazing smokey look. Because of the loose powder format, they are very easy to blend. They’ll make nice blurred smokey eyes.
- It is blendable and very buildable.
- I love the sponge tip. It is very good for crease work and contouring.
The only thing I don’t like about this is the fall out. But again, a loose powder is bound to have some. But it is still less than my Lakme shadows. 😛
I mostly use this shadow when I am going for bold lips or when I want a natural, no-makeup look.
Here I am in the no-makeup look.
- Maybelline Shadow Stylist in Casual Brown all over the eye
- Lakme Intense Shine liquid Eyeliner in Black on the upper lash line
- Lotus Kajal on the upper waterline
- Maybelline Colossal Volume Express Waterproof mascara on upper and lower lashes
- Maybelline Whitestay UV compact
- Colorbar Peachy Rose blush
- Maybelline Watershine lip gloss in Caramel Cream
I hope you like it.
My rating for Maybelline Shadow Stylist in Casual Brown: :-* :-*:-*:-* + 0.5
(O.5 deducted for the fallout!!! 😛 Guess I’ll be never happy with ANY product…)
Until next time….