Do you ever wonder how super-successful models like Gigi Hadid, Bella Hadid, Kendall Jenner or Victoria’s Secret angels maintain their super skinny body? Has the thought of what they consume in their meals amused you? Each and every model is unique in her own way and none of them follow the same dietary or fitness fad to keep that enviously slim and trim figure intact. Top models mostly listen to their body needs and follow what their body demands. This helps them to stay “camera ready” all the time, but one thing common in all these models is that they follow a nutritiously healthy diet and workout regime to stay super skinny. In today’s post, we will tell you about what models eat to stay super thin and how do they manage to remain healthy without adding extra pounds to their waistline. So, let’s get started.
1. Eat green leafy vegetables: Models incorporate a lot of fiber in their diet and that includes filling up on green leafy vegetables that are low in calories, high in fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Vegetables are not only good for maintaining a well-balanced healthy diet but these nutrient-dense foods also assist in keeping weight under check. That’s how models stay super fit and slim.
2. Including Lean Protein Diet: All models incorporate protein in their diet plans, but they mostly include lean proteins in their meals. If you go through Instagram handles of famous models like Gigi Hadid, Bella Hadid or Kendall Jenner, you will find them having plate full of eggs, salmon, avocado, steak, chicken, etc. The reason why they do so? Because proteins help to regulate your hunger cravings and manage weight gain. Protein consumption depends on your gender, age and activity level. You should include a variety of lean protein foods like legumes, poultry, eggs, lean beef, low-fat dairy products, seafood, pork or tofu just to stay fit like your favorite models.
3. Avoid carb intake: Needless to mention that the models you idolize mostly follow a low-carb diet. In fact, models focus on limiting carbs in their diet because excessive consumption of carbohydrates will unnecessarily lead to fat storage. By telling you to follow a low-carb diet, we urge you to involve foods that typically include fruits, grains, legumes, starchy vegetables, and dairy foods. Also, models totally restrict consumption of processed grains and refined breads as they do no good to the body other than adding extra pounds to the body.
4. Restrict alcohol consumption: Consumption of alcohol is one of the key reasons as to why you could be adding those unwanted pesky pounds. Models know the same and that’s why you will find all top models being teetotaller. Even if models indulge in alcohol consumption, they either have a high metabolism rate or workout out really well to cut out any unnecessary calories. Alcohol is rich in empty calories, so if weight loss is on your mind, follow this healthy ritual to become fit like models.
5. Hydration is the key: It’s a no-brainer that one of the simplest tricks for a healthy and slender figure is to stay thoroughly hydrated and all models follow the same trick. As models eat less, having copious amounts of water helps them to feel less hungry and stay full for a longer time. Moreover, water also helps to flush out toxins from the body and improve gut health, something which is one of the key factors responsible for effective weight loss.
6. Consume healthy fats: Not all fats are bad, and models treat their body with only good fats. Fats that are not fattening but are healthy for the body. Want to know which fats? Avocado, plain Greek yogurt, olive oil and salmon have healthy fats for each and every model. Such items are full of omega-3s and good fats, which help you stay full, fill you with vitamins and keep you healthy. Victoria’s Secret model Georgia Fowler loves to eat an avocado each day which is one of her favorite fat for the day.
7. Avoid Dairy Products: Being a model isn’t easy. One has to sacrifice a lot of things to be runaway ready and one of them is to cut connection with dairy products. Most dairy products cause stomach bloating and pain, something which in intolerable being a runaway model. Instead Victoria’s Secret models use other healthy alternatives like almond or coconut milk in place of dairy products.
8. Never skip your breakfast: This is a pretty basic diet tip and followed unanimously by all successful models worldwide. Models never miss their breakfast; they consume a well-balanced breakfast full of eggs, toast, bacon, etc. A heavy breakfast stops them from having a heavy lunch, thereby keeping calorie intake low. Models follow a light lunch which includes some low-carb and lean protein items. A heavy breakfast keeps you active throughout the day whereas a heavy dinner/lunch makes you sluggish and only contributes to your weight gain.
9. Healthy snacking: Do you know what models have for snacks? A snack platter full of low calorie foods. This could involve having an apple or a granola bar or dried peas or even a handful of nuts. In this way, models stay fuller for a longer period of time. They also completely limit sugar intake and avoid consumption of processed and junk food.
10. Say goodbye to salt and sugar: We all are well-aware of the idea that having excessive salty food items can give you a bloated look. Do you know that famous model Miranda Kerr used salt in each of her dishes but now she has found an alternative of common salt? Miranda uses lemon as a flavor booster and ditches salt completely. Isn’t it amazing? Models also restrict intake of sugary food items as they are responsible for unwanted weight gain. So, if you want to model like skinny figure, you should limit salt and sugar intake.
11. Dieting is a big no-no: This might seem a bit surprising in the first place but if you were to spy on a model, then you will find out that none of them actually diet. This is because they don’t believe in the idea of dieting. Rather, they consume healthy meals and follow a good workout session to shed extra pounds. Also, some of them believe that it’s not wrong to enjoy your favorite dishes once in a while. Upon inching close to their ramp walk shows, Victoria’s Secret models reduce their frequency of number of meals each day, consume mostly fruits and vegetables but they never go for crash dieting. At the end of the day, making healthy lifestyle choices matter and that’s what helps you stay skinny throughout.
Now having known what type of a diet plan a model follows, it isn’t mandatory for you to follow them. Models face tremendous pressure to maintain their onscreen looks and unrealistic demands placed by the fashion industry. There are some models that even starve to keep weight gain under check and become anorexic later. So, it is never advisable to follow diets like a model since you don’t live a life like them. You can always take ideas from their diet but before giving in to such stringent diet plans, think deeply as it could affect your physical and psychological health. One must never starve oneself to become super-thin, have your favourite scoop of ice-cream or pastry, never deny yourself your favourite dishes once in a while. Healthy choices and lifestyle changes are going to make stay fit and slender. Hence, work ahead to include healthy dietary and lifestyle changes. That’s all for today. Let us know about this piece in the comments section below.