Eyelids: oily, pigmented
I have been buying a lot of beauty products lately. Thanks to IMBB for all the motivation and I have started trying different makeup products. Lipsticks and eyeshadows are what I am crazy about. And today, I will be reviewing one of the palettes I bought this weekend. So, read on to know more about the MUA Poptastic Eyeshadow Palette.
The Poptastic Palette contains a fusion of vibrant colours for the more daring, with bright blues to a shocking pink amongst the 12 highly-pigmented eye shadow shades. This palette contains shimmer shades with complimentary shades that keep their vibrancy on all skin tones.
Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Bis-diglyceryl, Polyacyladipate-1, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polybutene, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, CI 77891, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007, CI 77742, CI 77510, CI 77491, CI 42090, CI 15850.
Price: €5.99 for 9.6g (Available at Nykaa at Rs.840)
My Experience with MUA Poptastic Eyeshadow Palette:
This palette is not new in the market. I wanted to pick this up as I wanted pinks, blues and purples and gold. I searched on IMBB to know more about the product and, to my astonishment, it wasn’t reviewed, Anyway, I wanted this palette badly so I picked it up.
The palette comes in a plastic sleek case and has a transparent cap on top through which you can see the colors. The plastic is of a satisfactory quality. The lid is tight and it shuts with a click and thus least chances of opening up in the bag. The palette also contains a sponge applicator. I have my old ones and haven’t used this as yet. It misses a mirror but, for the price, I am okay with it and the palette is lightweight and very comfortable to carry along. Overall the packaging is good but it can be improved a lot.
Like the name suggests, the colors are “pop” which means they are bright and bold. There are no neutral shades here and this palette can be reserved for those special functions you need to attend. The colors are powdery but blend well and are soft. There are some glittery colors in the palette but the glitter hardly shows up when applied on the eyes. The staying power of the colors is pretty long. Without any primer, the colors stay on for almost 6 hours and then start to fade and crease a bit. I have oily eyelids so I understand the issue. With a primer, the colors stay put for almost 10 hours and probably would have stayed longer had I not removed them. So the staying power is excellent.
The eyeshadows have very good pigmentation. The colors really poppy. But there is a little fallout during application and if a lot is applied, but this is only during the cases I mentioned. In the palette the Cool cyan, Cherry Sour and Crystal blue are kind of matte; there is just little shimmer to them. Rest, all the other shades are shimmery. I am still new to eye makeup and so excuse me if there are flaws in the EOTD.
The colors are as follows:
1. Pizzaz Purple: Looks bold but is a subtle purple color and has glitters. However, the glittery particles are not visible when applied.
2. Cool Cyan: A light blue matte shade.
3. Lime Sizzle: Fall out occurs with this color. Less pigmented and can be used as a highlighter near the tear ducts.
4. Electric Purple: Bold purple and has very good pigmentation.
5. Gold Mine: A gorgeous gold tone. Can be combined with any other color for the Indian shimmery gold look.
6. Blue Suede: Silvery blue color and shimmery.
7. Jade Jazz: A sea green color and one of the favorites from the palette.
8. Cherry Sour: Dark pigmented kind of matte hot pink.
9. Atomic Aqua: Darker version of the shade 7. Has a good pigmentation but falls out.
10. Shocking Pink: Very good pigmentation. Lighter version of Shade 8.
11. Crystal Blue: A royal blue color, perfect for creating those perfect smokey eyes.
12. Sonic Blue: Dark navy blue color and is glittery.
Pros of MUA Poptastic Eyeshadow Palette:
• Bright and bold colors suitable for heavy occasions.
• Highly pigmented.
• Easy to blend.
• Satisfactory packaging.
• Good staying power.
• Shadows don’t irritate the eyes.
Cons of MUA Poptastic Eyeshadow Palette:
• Wish the packaging has a mirror.
• Shadows fall out a bit during application.
• Not for bold matte lovers.
Will I Recommend MUA Poptastic Eyeshadow Palette?
Yes! It is cheap and who doesn’t want to own beautiful bold eyeshadows.
MUA 24 Shade Immaculate Collection Palette
MUA Mysterial Luxe Metallic Palette
MUA Glamour Days Eyeshadow Palette
Makeup Academy 12 Shade Going For Gold Palette
MUA Matte Collection Winter Forest Palette
Makeup Academy 12 Shade Glamour Nights Palette