WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
If you are on a mission on to achieve super soft and glowing skin, just like a baby, then this article might just do your skin a huge favour! Today we’re going to reveal some beauty tips using your a very common skincare product and that’s baby oil! There are so many people out there who sing praises on the benefits of baby oil in skincare, but you might wonder whether is it ok to put baby oil on face? So, let’s find out the truth behind this fad.
What is Baby Oil Made of?
Baby oil is nothing but mineral oil, it is derived from petroleum, and it has been used as a moisturiser over the years. Baby oil has added fragrance and other ingredients that gives is its unique scent.
Can I Use Baby Oil on Face?
Mineral oil has been shown to give similar benefits like natural skin care options like coconut oil. You can use it on your arms, legs, elbows, knees, and most dry areas of the body. But using baby oil on facial skin is not recommended! Surprised? (same here). It’s because baby oil with mineral oil content can clog pores and lead to acne and premature ageing. Also, baby oil is complete no-no on sensitive and acne-prone skin. The added fragrance of baby oil also can irritate skin. So, stop using baby oil on the face. If you are using it just to remove makeup, then it’s okay, otherwise look for mineral oil-free options.
But if you don’t mind the mineral oil content in baby oil, here are some beauty hacks that you could try:
Beauty Hacks of Mineral Oil:
- Excellent makeup remover: Baby oil is a great makeup remover. Simply use a pump bottle and mix 1/4 of baby oil with distilled water and aloe vera gel. You could also add a little baby shampoo. Shake the bottle before use. Affordable makeup remover within minutes.
- Body moisturiser: Baby oil is the perfect body moisturiser. (Personally tried and tested!) Simply apply baby oil on your legs, arms after a shower just like a normal body lotion. After regular use you would notice, soft hydrated skin!
- After shaving oil – just shaved? Grab a bottle of baby oil and gently massage the oil into the skin. Gives a beautiful shine on the legs!
- Under eye oil: Suffering from dry skin under the eyes? Baby oil could moisturise the delicate under eye area. This will give your face a brighter appearance.
- Hair oil: Baby oil works as a decent hair oil, simply apply baby oil all over the hair and scalp and massage for 5-7 minutes. Cover your head with a shower cap or a scarf and shampoo the next morning. Say hello to softer hair!
- Makeup Brush Cleaner- Baby oil can clean your dirty makeup brushes with ease. Just pour a few drops of oil into the palm of your hand and twist the brush around. Now swish in a bowl of soapy water and Rinse with warm water, gently press to remove excess water and then lay them flat and use once the bristles are completely dry.