WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Olay in-shower Body Lotion (Age Defying) Review
So by now I know I’ve ranted and rambled enough about my dry skin to every one I know.. but noting – nothing at all could change my habit of conveniently skipping moisturizing my body.
I’ve tried placing hand lotions next to my hand wash so I would use it.. but no!.. I have 2 pump bottles on my dressing table, 1 in my shower one by my bedside.. but I don’t know why I feel too tired to just slather myself with some lotion. I do it only when my skin is almost cracking and flaking and white 🙁
And what came to my rescue? The Olay in-shower Body Lotion!! 🙂
I found the age defying one, they dint have the Ultra Moisture one in the store, I usually don’t look twice when it comes to anti-aging/ age defying products.. but In- shower? I had to buy anything moisturizing!!
It is priced at 379 INR for 450 ml (15.2 FL OZ).
What the bottle claims-
- • OISBL works with the warmth and humidity of your shower to fight the dryness that comes with aging skin.
- • Olay moisturizers and VitaNiacin penetrate deep within the surface to condition skin for up to 24 hours.
- • Daily use will reveal younger-looking skin in just 5 days!
- (For best results, use with Olay bar / Olay body wash).
Use daily on body :
- • Step 1. : Cleanse with body wash/bar soap, then rinse.
- • Step 2. : Dispense product into your hand and smooth onto wet skin. Start with a quarter sized amount for each area of the body for the body (adjust as needed).
- • Step 3. : Rinse.
- • Step 4. : Pat dry with towel.
This does mention that it may make some surfaces slippery like some other bath products.
Water, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Dimethicone, Fragrance, Stearyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Panthenol, Mica, Polysorbate 60, Titanium Dioxide, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Tin Oxide
vitamin b3, vitamin b5, vitamin e
Also, this product has a pretty strong fragrance.. the fragrance stays on for a long long time on my body. (it reminds me of some lakme sunscreen lotion from few years back).
- I like the concept of in-shower body lotions is good. This is an okay-ish substitute for the lotions many of us tend to forget about in the hurry to get to college/ office.
- I have heard a lot of people rave about it..
- This is a very thick creamy lotion.
- This product has very delicate shimmer in it and I can see it on my arm throughout the day.. (not very obvious, but I tend to concentrate and stare when I notice something like this). 😛
- Right now, between my index finger and my thumb, it feels like glittery ghee.
- I feel this is very very difficult to get absorbed into skin.
- The fragrance stays on for a long time, but it tends to conflict with the kind of fragrances I use otherwise.( dove deodorant in lemongrass and some citrus perfume, Light blue/ green tea). So these days I’m wearing my Zooska deodorant and antiperspirant sticks.
- The quarter sized amount per body part claim is true, if you use more, the floor might turn slippery.
- The bottle might last you a month and a half to 2 months when used regularly.
- And finally, it is nicely moisturizing, but I feel a little weird about it- when I rinse it off, it leaves an oily sticky film on me.. for the rest of my boty, I’m quite okay with it, but for my arms, (I usually keep touching my arms), the moisturizing power doesn’t last me throughout the day and I know that the whole point is for it to not rinse off like soap and feel squeaky clean, but I still feel quite weird about it, like unclean.
- May be the other versions would moisturize better.. but I feel this should have done the job too.
You see the stains near the nozzle? Its pure shimmer!( but its not too obvious on skin).
Below are the swatches of the product.
It is THICK!
What I like about the Olay in-shower body Lotion:
- • Sometimes, the fragrance (very feminine).
- • The fact that I can skip my moisturizer without much guilt.
- • Sometimes, I like the shimmer.
- • It doesn’t make the surface too slippery as opposed to the conditioners I use.
But honestly, I don’t really know how I feel about the shimmer and the fragrance, sometimes, I don’t like it.
What I don’t like about the Olay in-shower body Lotion:
- • My skin doesn’t feel moisturised, at least not moisturised enough. It feels sticky!
- • I’m always scared about slipping in my shower.
- • I still feel the need to use my regular moisturiser on my arms and my foot cream for they are the uncovered dry parts, and I don’t use this onto my feet (refer the earlier point. :-P)
- • For Rs 379, more product was expected especially when I realised that my trusted St. Ives lotions cost me about Rs 100 lesser for around 80-100 ml more product (pump bottle et all).
- • I wish this were available in a pump bottle instead of a conditioner like bottle.
- • I feel it doesn’t get absorbed into my skin at all. It just sticks to my skin and the rest is washed off.
- • The film of sticky shimmer feels like its constantly attracting dirt, dist and grime. (Why am I paranoid?!?)
- • I went and washed my hands after the swatches, and my palm was STICKY! I washed mu palm with soap, its still sticky! 🙁
- • The most important drawback for me – (after reading Alpa’s post on animal testing of products), Olay conducts animal testing of its products! I’m against the disgusting inhuman practice!!
- • I feel Olay as a brand had let me down, once, while staying over at my friends, I realized I forgot my almond oil/ moisturizer, I used her Olay cream and it gave me small bumps on my face and eventually broke me out! Me! I have the driest skin you’d ever see.. then this went on and I got small bumps on my face more often and get them easily now, also I get my occasional zits, that I never ever got throughout my life! Now I have blemishes… I never had sensitive skin!..(I don’t blame Olay for the “went on” part.. but it started with their crème!)
Again, all this is my personal experience with Olay, might not react the same with everyone.
Would I buy it again?
NO. Not for the animal testing bit at least. This is something I wont feel bad giving up.
My Rating: :star::star: