WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Olay Age Defying Body Wash with VitaNiacin-Review
Olay Age Defying Body Wash : Olay skincare products have gained high recognition from consumers in fashion capitals such as New York, London, Sydney, Hong Kong, and are considered as a beauty secret to young-looking skin. Formerly popular as ‘Oil of Olay, the pink lotion’ synonymous with soft, glowing skin is now known as just ‘Olay’ and continues to enjoy a high recall value, even in India. Earlier Olay was available in India as an imported product. Now P&G directly markets this brand. They have a range of products for Face as well as Body care. Olay Age-defying body wash is the only product which I have tried so far from this brand. I ended up buying this once when my favorite St-Ives body wash was out of stock.
What the product claims:
Olay Age Defying Body wash gives you smooth, beautiful skin with:
- Cleansing: Gentle cleansing formulae with a clean rinse
- Moisturizing: Nourishing Olay moisturizers enhanced with VitaNiacin penetrate deep within the surface to condition the driest skin for up to 24 hours
- Age Defying: Olay moisturizers fight the dryness associated with skin aging-revealing younger looking skin.
Going in-depth to few of the ingredients listed:
VitaNiacin formulation – an exclusive moisturizing combination of three key components – niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Vitamin E and Pro-Vitamin B5 (panthenol) – each of these ingredients works effectively to fight the signs of ageing.
• Vitamin E (Tocopheryl Acetate) is a powerful anti-oxidant that helps replace lost moisture in the skin caused by ageing and damage due to the environment, thereby leaving the skin feeling soft and smooth.
• Pro-Vitamin B5 (Panthenol) is a humectant that counteracts the dryness that often occurs in ageing skin, thereby leaving skin well-conditioned.
• Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), is a water soluble that has a positive impact on skin’s connective tissue and gel matrix which are of particular significance in aged & photo-damaged skin.
According to Dr. Colin D’Silva, Principal Scientist, P&G Beauty, “Niacinamide in combination with Vitamin E and Pro-Vitamin B5, when applied topically to the skin, enhances skin moisturization and increases the rate of exfoliation and barrier repair.”
In other words, it offers outstanding exfoliation benefits while improving the condition of the skin’s moisture barrier, a function considered by dermatologists as critical to healthy skin.
Retinyl Palmitate (or vitamin A palmitate,): An anti-oxidant, once absorbed into the skin, retinyl palmitate is converted to retinol, and ultimately to retinoic acid (the active form of vitamin A present in Retin-A).This is becoming an increasingly popular anti-aging ingredient as an alternative to tretinoin and retinol because it is a gentler, more mild vitamin A option.
Petrolatum (or petroleum jelly) which is widely used in the formulation of a variety of bath products, cleansing products, skin care products, etc. this is found to slow down the loss of water from the skin by forming a barrier on the skin’s surface.
ALS and ALES: are surfactants which reduce the interfacial tension and allow water to remove dirt and sebum. Though much debate is still going on regarding the safety of ALS/SLS in cleansers, a report by the Cosmetic Ingredient Review (CIR) concluded that both sodium and ammonium lauryl sulfate appear to be safe in formulations designed for discontinuous, brief use followed by thorough rinsing from the surface of the skin. In products intended for prolonged use, concentrations should not exceed 1%.
Pros of Olay Age Defying Body Wash
- Unlike soaps, this body wash doesn’t dry out skin – skin feels fresh, soft & moisturized after bath.
- Lathers quite well.
- Has a pleasant and refreshing smell which I like. The fragrance lingers on for quite sometime even after bath.
- Price is quite reasonable for the quantity it offers.
- Ingredient list seems to be impressive- vitaniacin, shea butter extract etc are all beneficial to the skin which is well known.
Cons of Olay Age Defying Body Wash with VitaNiacin
- Packaging is just ok with flip open cap- though you wouldn’t feel trouble in dispensing the product if you store the bottle upside down, I prefer pump bottles for my body washes and lotions.
My rating would be :-* :-*:-* + 0.5 out of 5.