Olay Age Defying Body Wash with VitaNiacin-Review
Olay Age Defying Body Wash : Olay skincare products have gained high recognition from consumers in fashion capitals such as New York, London, Sydney, Hong Kong, and are considered as a beauty secret to young-looking skin. Formerly popular as ‘Oil of Olay, the pink lotion’ synonymous with soft, glowing skin is now known as just ‘Olay’ and continues to enjoy a high recall value, even in India. Earlier Olay was available in India as an imported product. Now P&G directly markets this brand. They have a range of products for Face as well as Body care. Olay Age-defying body wash is the only product which I have tried so far from this brand. I ended up buying this once when my favorite St-Ives body wash was out of stock.
What the product claims:
Olay Age Defying Body wash gives you smooth, beautiful skin with:
- Cleansing: Gentle cleansing formulae with a clean rinse
- Moisturizing: Nourishing Olay moisturizers enhanced with VitaNiacin penetrate deep within the surface to condition the driest skin for up to 24 hours
- Age Defying: Olay moisturizers fight the dryness associated with skin aging-revealing younger looking skin.
Directions for using Olay body Wash in shower or bath: Squeeze a small amount of product onto wet puff. Lather and rinse. Store bottle upside down to ease dispensing.
Price: INR 210 for 354 ML.
Going in-depth to few of the ingredients listed:
VitaNiacin formulation – an exclusive moisturizing combination of three key components – niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Vitamin E and Pro-Vitamin B5 (panthenol) – each of these ingredients works effectively to fight the signs of ageing.
• Vitamin E (Tocopheryl Acetate) is a powerful anti-oxidant that helps replace lost moisture in the skin caused by ageing and damage due to the environment, thereby leaving the skin feeling soft and smooth.
• Pro-Vitamin B5 (Panthenol) is a humectant that counteracts the dryness that often occurs in ageing skin, thereby leaving skin well-conditioned.
• Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), is a water soluble that has a positive impact on skin’s connective tissue and gel matrix which are of particular significance in aged & photo-damaged skin.
According to Dr. Colin D’Silva, Principal Scientist, P&G Beauty, “Niacinamide in combination with Vitamin E and Pro-Vitamin B5, when applied topically to the skin, enhances skin moisturization and increases the rate of exfoliation and barrier repair.”
In other words, it offers outstanding exfoliation benefits while improving the condition of the skin’s moisture barrier, a function considered by dermatologists as critical to healthy skin.
Retinyl Palmitate (or vitamin A palmitate,): An anti-oxidant, once absorbed into the skin, retinyl palmitate is converted to retinol, and ultimately to retinoic acid (the active form of vitamin A present in Retin-A).This is becoming an increasingly popular anti-aging ingredient as an alternative to tretinoin and retinol because it is a gentler, more mild vitamin A option.
Petrolatum (or petroleum jelly) which is widely used in the formulation of a variety of bath products, cleansing products, skin care products, etc. this is found to slow down the loss of water from the skin by forming a barrier on the skin’s surface.
ALS and ALES: are surfactants which reduce the interfacial tension and allow water to remove dirt and sebum. Though much debate is still going on regarding the safety of ALS/SLS in cleansers, a report by the Cosmetic Ingredient Review (CIR) concluded that both sodium and ammonium lauryl sulfate appear to be safe in formulations designed for discontinuous, brief use followed by thorough rinsing from the surface of the skin. In products intended for prolonged use, concentrations should not exceed 1%.
Pros of Olay Age Defying Body Wash
- Unlike soaps, this body wash doesn’t dry out skin – skin feels fresh, soft & moisturized after bath.
- Lathers quite well.
- Has a pleasant and refreshing smell which I like. The fragrance lingers on for quite sometime even after bath.
- Price is quite reasonable for the quantity it offers.
- Ingredient list seems to be impressive- vitaniacin, shea butter extract etc are all beneficial to the skin which is well known.
Cons of Olay Age Defying Body Wash with VitaNiacin
- Packaging is just ok with flip open cap- though you wouldn’t feel trouble in dispensing the product if you store the bottle upside down, I prefer pump bottles for my body washes and lotions.
My rating would be :-* :-*:-* + 0.5 out of 5.
Have you used Olay Age Defying Body Wash? Please rate in the box below
Olay Age Defying In Shower Body Lotion Review
Olay Natural White Day Cream Review
16 thoughts on “Olay Age Defying Body Wash with VitaNiacin Review”
Nice review Shyna!! :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: ..Great to know the ingredient list break and what each thing constituting the body wash helps the skin!! :-)) :-)) :-))
Thankssssss cali…am always curious abt the ingredients in all products!!! :-/
good review shyna….ruchidedi yatra kottayteku….he he he
haaaww!! you abusing her in code words. Atleast leave Shyna, she is soo sweeet and nice. She wouldn’t be able to take your horrid stuff. :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:
Rati… :-* :-* “soooo sweet and nice…” :announce: :announce: 😀
heeee…u read grihalakshmi??
nice review shyna..bt d ingredient list has lots of chemicals na..esp ALS n SLS..
ya ya olay never claims it is herbal right?so chemicals are there ofcourse..and ALS/SLS as i mentioned in the review are surfactants which are found in many bodywashes/shampoos.
Ha..ha.. Rati, jomol is not abusing her.. She juz quoted dat malayalam sentence in th magazine.. 😀 😀 🙂
@ shyna : nice review.. 🙂 howz new Grahalakshmi? Is it worth buying? Beauty special na..?
:laugh: poor jomol, watever she says even if it is good, others misunderstand her no? :giggle: Samin, i always buy magazines like vanitha, grihalakshmi, veedu, no matter the content is good or bad..it has become kind of a habit.
Gr8 review Shyna.. Loved the ingredients detailing.. Helps in choosing the right products.. :yes: :yes:
i am not sure about goin for the olay body wash…..but loved to get to know abt ingredients…. sply the fact tht SLS and ALS is fine as long as it is followed by rinsing it…..but can you give the link to that report by CIR? so i can read about more ingredients…