Hi everyone..:-) today I am going to do a review on :
Actual Price: 290/-
Bought it for: 175/- through bidding on ebay.in(100/-+75/- for shipping)
One day when I was browsing the makeup & cosmetics section of ebay I found a tempting item named “oriflame visions v stardust body gel”(that was quite a mouthful!) on auction.I fell for the name itself and visualized it as a fine diamond dust like shimmering body gel..mmmm…and whithout any further thoughts I placed a bid on it and I won! One fine day it arrived home.If you want to know what happened next..continue reading..
I opened the package with a 5 yr old like excitement only to almost faint!(you’ll know why). It was a small 15 ml jar with a silver lid(there were million scratches on the lid when I received it!).instead of fine diamond dust like shimmering body gel.I found a GLITTER gel!!!it is a transparent gel with billions of tiny ‘glitters’ in it!!!!
I think they sent me a used one!do you see the amount of product in there??! ! it was not even boxed and I had to collect the ingredient list from the ebay page on which it was listed.
Look how sparkly it is.(lovely to look at though..:P)
It has a very STRONG fragrance which feels nauseating when you smell it directly from the container(this is why I almost fainted!and event felt sick for a moment!ewwww..).the gel is fluffy and has watery non sticky feel to it when initially applied on to the skin.
But when I started blending it in to my skin it got sticky and tacky..and the glitter particles don’t spread evenly.it takes a long time to dry up.it took about 15-20 min to dry completely. After drying up the tackyness was gone completely. look how matte the skin is..
and here comes the worse part.. as the tackyness which holds the glitter was gone they start falling off! And when you rub the area u can feel the gritty glitter particles on your skin!! It feels like you’ve applied some craft store glitter! After wiping with a dry cloth for 1 time almost 95% of the glitter was gone! This is what I was left with!
175/- down the drain!
And you know what! I figured out the recipe of this gel! This is how it can be made at home:
- glitter(any craft store glitter of your choice will do)
- a gel(any gel which has a watery fluffy cosistency..you can also cut a leaf of aloe vera and use that gooey gel too)
Mix both the ingredients thoroughly and if you feel like it is not sparkly enough,feel free to add some more glitter..and ta ta tadaaa..your glittering body gel is ready! 😀
Follow my recipe and save your money.
Pros of Oriflame visions v stardust body gel
NONE.. except for the lovely sparkly look of the gel. 😛
Cons of Oriflame visions v stardust body gel
- It is a GLITTER gel. Which makes it totally unfit for common use.it is strictly for theatrical/stage performers and even among them, only for those who don’t mind if all the sparkly glitter falls off after few minutes!
- It contains parabens and alcohol which I believe are very harmful in the long run.
- It has a very strong nauseating fragrance which will make you feel sick!
- Takes a long time to dry completely.
- It has zero staying power..because as soon as the gel dries up the glitter particles start to fall off.
- Glitter particles are gritty and feel uncomfortable(it is almost a craft store glitter)
- The glitter particles makes you look like almost a disco ball.
IMBB rating: :-* (only for its lovely sparkly look)
Would I buy it again? I am using the current one as a decorative piece on my computer desk! So if I feel like I need more decorative pieces on my desk I will definitely buy it again!:P)
Have you used Oriflame Visions V Stardust Body Gel. Please rate in the box below.
- Oriflame Visions V Lipsticks: Six more Lipstick Shades
- Oriflame Visions V For Your Eyes Only + Makeup Shopping
- Oriflame Visions V* Peach Me Perfect Skin Glow Review