We all know that our skin renews and repairs itself while you sleep at night and that’s why sleeping with makeup will cause damage including acne, clogged pores, pimples, even fine lines and wrinkles. But in case you do not have a makeup remover ready at hand, what would you do? Here are a few tips which would help you get ideas on how to remove every bit of makeup from your face, without a store-bought makeup remover in hand.
1. Rub some cold cream on your face and make sure that all the areas where you applied makeup, is covered. Let it remain for about three or four minutes. Wipe your face with a washcloth, dipped in water, and then, rinse off with lukewarm water.
2. If you have some baby oil at home, pour some of it in a bowl and dip a cotton ball. Wipe off the face makeup and use a wet washcloth to get rid of the oil left on your face.
3. If the makeup is not so heavy, you can also use milk to clean your face. Dip cotton ball into milk, wipe your face with it and rinse off with lukewarm water.
4. If your skin is sensitive or dry, opt for a natural cleanser like the olive oil, castor oil or jojoba oil. (Tip: Actually, cream or oil-based makeup removers work best for dry skin).
5. If you have oily skin, make a homemade makeup remover by combining a spoon of yogurt with a spoon of honey and lime juice. Use of this combination must; however, be followed by a through facial cleansing with a face wash meant for oily skin. (Tip: While you get a makeup remover for yourself from the market, remember that gel based or alcohol based products work best on oily and combination skin types. Avoid oil-based makeup removers).
Oil Cleansing Method To Remove Makeup:
The oil cleansing method is superb for every skin type. OCM ensures that every bit of your makeup, oil, dirt, and grime comes off your face and there’s not a trace of gunk. OCM is a beauty treatment that involves cleaning your face with oils. It’s based on the logic that oil dissolves oil, clean facial pores deeply, can dissolve any kind of makeup, reduce the amount of sebum, nourish skin with nutrients, and thereby giving you clear skin. It is also a method which would help you nourish and pamper skin. This method advocates replacing your regular cleanser with cold-pressed natural oils.
Common Oils Used in Oil Cleansing Method:
Coconut oil (for dry and normal skin types)
Rosehip oil (to brighten skin tone).
Castor oil (for all skin types)
Extra virgin olive oil (for all skin types).
Hemp seed oil.
Jojoba oil (best for extremely oily and acne-prone skin).
Best Oil Combinations for Different Skin Types:
For oily and acne-prone skin: 2 tbsp hemp seed oil or jojoba oil with 4 tsp of sunflower oil, and 2 tbsp of castor oil.
For combination skin: 1 tsp of rosehip oil, 1 tsp of apricot oil, 4 tsp of jojoba oil, 4 tsp of almond oil.
For Dry Skin: 1 tsp of castor oil, 3 tsp of sunflower oil, 6 tsp of avocado oil.
For normal skin: 2 tsp of castor oil, 8 tsp of sunflower oil.
Oil Cleansing Method in Ten Easy Steps:
1. Blend the oil as per the demands of your skin.
2. Keep hot water ready in a basin or by setting the sink button accordingly because you would need steam to be produced in course of the oil cleansing method.
3. Put some oil on your palms and rub it to make it warm.
4. Now, apply it on your face smoothly.
5. Massage with circular motions till your face is almost saturated with oil.
6. Now the wash cloth should be taken and soaked in the hot water.
7. Place the warm cloth on your face and rest awhile. Leave it on till the cloth cools.
8. Repeat this step again.
9. Wipe your face gently with the wash cloth for removing oil from your face.
10. If your face feels oily still, splash some warm water on your face. Pat dry. If the pores on your face feel dry, a drop of the oil blend can be massaged into your facial skin. Do not scrub!
Do it regularly before you retire for the day to enjoy youthful and problem-free skin, always!