How have you been? And how was your Holi? Hope everyone had a lot of fun with friends and families 🙂 . For some reason, I did not play Holi this year. Lately, I have been getting a lot of pimples and I am really annoyed by the scars they leave. It’s like they are screaming “Tum mujheyubhulanapaoge” 😀 😛 . So, today I am writing on a DIY for pimple cure using very simple ingredients that all of us are well aware of. My friend suggested this pack for pimple treatment and I have been applying it for a week every night and it has been highly beneficial. Let’s dig further.
- Rose Water- 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice- 2 tbsp
- Honey- 1 tbsp
- Ear bud-for applying the pack on the pimples and the scars. I use 1 side of the ear-bud each day.
Add equal amount of rose water and lemon juice in a small bowl.
And 1/4th amount of honey to the mixture. In this case, it is 1 tbsp honey in 4 tbsp of mixture.
Apply it on the pimples using one side of the ear-bud. As this solution is quite watery, ear-buds are convenient. The picture shows the solution after storing in the refrigerator for around 3-4 days. It becomes concentrated then.
Leave it overnight and wash your face the next morning.
I usually get stubborn pimples which do not go easily and leave nasty marks. But this pack diminished the pimples effectively in 3 days. A tiny part of it still remains on the face, though. The old pimple marks are also getting lighter. So, this works on both pimple and their marks.
This pack works slowly but steadily like most of the other homemade packs. Be patient with it and it will show its effect. It can be stored easily in the refrigerator up to a week.
On the other hand, this also comes up with its own baggage:
- Even though it works well overnight, smaller hair gets stuck to it no matter how well you clip it! So it makes the hair greasy easily. It also sticks to the pillow.
- Lemon juice makes your skin sensitive to sun. So, dilute and mix the solution well. Apply the mixture only on the pimples. Applying it all around would not help.
- Test this on your skin. This might not suit your skin.
- Dark skinned ladies should not use lemon juice for acne treatment. I found this piece of information online “The reason not to use lemon juice on dark skin is that dark skin contains many melanocytes, cells that make pigment. Lemon juice stimulates melanocytes to make antioxidants that protect the skin. When they make these protective antioxidants, they also make extra skin pigments. It is possible that lemon juice, like nearly any other ‘stinging’ skin treatment, can cause long-term or permanent darkening of already-dark skin.” (Reference: www.facingacne.com)
Benefits of the ingredients used:
Rose Water: Rose water cleans clogged pores and helps in tightening the skin. It also helps in maintaining pH balance of the skin.
Lemon juice: It is suggested that lemon juice should not be applied on face as its pH is very low. This can be adjusted when used with rose water. Lemons have astringent and bleaching properties. So, it helps in reducing the redness and drying out the pimple.
Honey: Honey has anti-bacterial property that kills bacteria that cause acne. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that reduces the redness of the pimples.
So, go ahead and use the pack to say goodbye to your pimples.
Happy IMBBing! 🙂
Homemade Rose Water Toner: Do It Yourself
Top 15 Homemade Face Toner Recipes
3 Quick DIYs Using Glycerine and Rose Water For Winters
Rose Water for Hair Care
5 Homemade Rose Face Packs
Lemon+Curd Scrub for Dark Patches Around Lips: DIY
How To Make Coconut Lemon Body Butter: Do It Yourself
How To Make Ginger Infused Skin Nourishment Pack: DIY
Dark Chocolate Honey Face Pack For Oily Skin – DIY
DIY: Aloe Vera Face Pack for Glowing Skin
DIY: Aloe Vera, Yogurt and Honey Hair Mask
The Holy Basil Face Pack – Do it Yourself
10 Safe Ways to Get Rid of Pimples on Lips