What plans for the weekend? So, I have a tiny story to share before starting to review today’s product. After watching Anne Hathaway’s purrrfect lips (pun intended) in TDR, it kept bothering me that how come I don’t have a single decent red lipstick? Then, while I was almost asleep last night, it came to me, I did buy one from Boots a couple of months back and I bolted up from my bed at 1 in the night and started looking for it. I also did a little jig once I found it tucked away at the back of my makeup box, yayyyyy!
So, the object of my affection is the lipstick from Rimmel’s Kate Moss Collection in shade 01.
5 or 6 GBP I think.
Like most Rimmel lipsticks, the cap has a nice Queen’s crown embossed on it. The lipstick case is black and has a smart matte finish.
This shade is creamy matte in texture, more matte than creamy. It is slightly drying on the lips and you need some moisturization before applying the color. I am very happy with the texture because according to me, red lipsticks that are glossy or too creamy, look a bit garish and tacky on the lips (I call it jammy lips ;P)
I think this is softer in texture than MAC’s Russian Red; however, it does not settle into fine lines.
Okay, I can write pages and pages about how beautiful the shade is, it is the exact red that I was looking for – a warm toned deep blood red that looks amazingly s*xy on the lips. It is not a blue-based red unlike most red lipsticks that I have seen and owned in the past. I would say this shade would look very good on people with yellow undertones, and looks amazing on dusky skin.
Here are some lip swatches:
Pros of Kate Moss Lipstick Collection from Rimmel London – 01 Lipstick:
- Gorgeous deep red shade that simply lights up my face.
- Insanely pigmented.
- Awesome staying power, it doesn’t fade even after 6-7 hours with meals, doesn’t transfer easily. Even after it fades away, it leaves behind a nice rosy tiny that I love! It’s simply gorgeous!
- I love the fact that it smells like bubblegum – nothing overpowering but nice and subtle.
- Doesn’t settle into fine lines.
- Very easy to apply and for my lips I find that it has just the right amount of creaminess and I can apply it very easily.
- Gives a classy matte finish that looks gorgeous.
- No shimmer or shine.
Cons of Kate Moss Lipstick Collection from Rimmel London – 01 Lipstick:
- This color at times looks a little over the top because it is such a deep blood red. So, you need to choose the occasion and your clothes and overall makeup carefully to wear this.
Other than that – NOTHING AT ALL!
Need I say any more? I am planning to wear this a lot in winters.
Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipsticks
Rimmel London Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer
Rimmel London Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer 001
Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick Pink Blush
Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation
Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick in Pink Blush and In Vogue
Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick
Chanel Coquette Rouge Allure Lipstick Review, Swatch, FOTD
Maybelline Lipstick Swatches : Watershine, Moisture Extreme, Color Sensational
Maybelline Watershine Lipstick
Illamasqua Flare Lipstick Photos, Swatches, FOTD
Streetwear Satin Smooth Lipstick – Mocha Brown