So, there are just a few days left for the New Year to kick in and most of us have already chalked out resolutions, and we bet in a majority of those, “lose weight” would be right there on top! But why wait for the new year to get healthy and fit? People often cite “lack of will power” as an excuse for their inability to shed extra weight and promise themselves New Year is a good time to gather all the will power they can. But sorry to burst your bubble, “will power” is not a viable concept anymore because all that willpower mustered over one whole year can fizzle out in a week when you hit the weekend party scene with a group of friends and indulge in pizza and other treats. The concept of will power should be replaced with consistency, and to help you stick with your weight loss plan better, we have got 11 absolutely great secrets and you can lose weight like a boss!
1. Don’t Wait for a Monday or New Year To Start: If you need to lose weight, you need to do it right now! Do not look for an opportune time to get fit. In fact, write down reasons why you want to lose weight, your goal weight – feel motivated, and kickstart your weight loss journey right now.
2. Choose a Diet Which Would Help you To Eat Right, Not Less: The first and most important step is to find a diet plan that actually suits your lifestyle, sustainable, and not based on food deprivation or starvation. The thought of surviving on cucumbers and sweating it out for hours in the gym may seem daunting, and prevent you from taking even a single step towards weight loss. Most people do not get started or give up halfway on their weight loss journey because the diet they pick keeps them off food for most part of the day and involves eating salads and soups all day long, which is simply not sustainable or even a balanced diet. That’s where Rati Beauty diet comes into the picture, you can eat your way to weight loss without compromising on nutrition. Download the Rati Beauty app for more details.
3. Consider Each Meal as a New Start: Consider every meal as a fresh start and do not kick yourself over not practicing restraint around food after you have overeaten. Also, do not starve to burn the extra calories. People often go on starvation mode for a few days because they feel guilty about overeating over one meal and bring their weight loss journey to a complete halt after that. Stop going on a guilt trip after an episode of binge eating and get back on the diet and exercise plan asap.
4. Quit the Clean Plate Club: The clean plate syndrome plagues people who have a habit of clearing everything that’s on their plate despite being full. The guilt of throwing away food and childhood habits can form this habit where we have to absolutely finish all the food on the plate. It’s important to learn to stop when you 80% full so as to not overeat and remain within the calorie deficit. When you quit the clean plate syndrome, you can shave off a whole load of calories. Here are “9 Techniques to Quit the Clean Plate Club” to cut extra calories.
5. Say No To “Food Pushers” Politely: Food pushers are all around us – in the family, in the office, in our friend circle! These food pushers tempt you to get off the diet plan, eat more food, overeat, or just basically eat unhealthy food that’s not part of your diet to derail your progress. These “food pushers,” can knowingly or unknowingly hamper your weight loss plan, by encouraging you to eat more food. “Food pushers” can stand between you and your goal weight and it becomes extremely difficult to say “no” to such people, especially when they are family, friends, and relatives. But if you want to lose weight at any cost, you have to practice saying “no” and find polite ways to do so. Read about “7 Polite Ways to Say No To Food Pushers” in this post.
6. Learn To Meal Prep: Meal prepping promotes healthy eating and saves a lot of time during busy days when you have no time for elaborate cooking. Preparing batches of healthy food and storing them up in the fridge, that would last for most days in the week will save a lot of money, and cut down loads of calories that make their way through ordered foods from restaurants and eateries. Learn how to meal prep on a weekly basis to lose weight on the Rati Beauty app.
7. Swap Unhealthy Food with Healthy Alternatives: Find healthier versions of high-calorie food; for example, swap flavoured yogurt with plain Greek yogurt, eat whole fruits instead of packaged fruit juices, replace refined oil with olive oil, and snack on beetroot chips instead of potato chips.
8. Indulge in a Cheat Meal Once a Week: A good diet would allow you to indulge in a cheat meal once a week to keep cravings at bay, and this way, you would stick to the diet plan better.
9. Do Not Stick Pantry/Fridge with Junk Food: Get rid of temptations, first from the kitchen, then from your life. It becomes convenient to graze on high-calorie and packaged food when you are just bored and want to nibble on something to pass time when the pantry and kitchen is full of “ready-to-eat” items. The “out of sight, out of mind” policy would work very well when you stop stocking up junk food in the kitchen. Avoid buying and storing unhealthy snacks, processed food in your fridge, kitchen, and pantry, and see how amazingly this step would benefit you in cutting empty calories.
10. Shop with a Grocery List: Shopping without a grocery list can push you towards unhealthy foods that can attract with colorful packaging and unverified claims. Your grocery list can actually determine whether you are going to lose weight or gain a few more kgs over the coming weeks. That’s why one should place a lot of importance while preparing the grocery list because you might be bringing home stuff that can flood your body with loads of calories, unhealthy fats, high sodium and sugary foods, making it extremely difficult to keep off the weight. Do not go for grocery shopping without a list. In fact, “Cross These Items Off Your Grocery List and Lose Weight.”
11. Sleep for at Least 8 Hours: With sleep deprivation, your whole weight loss plan would go for a toss. Good-quality sleep is essential to regulate and normalize the levels of hunger hormone “ghrelin” and fullness hormone “leptin” which regulate hunger and appetite in the body. Sleep deprivation pushes you to make unhealthy food choices and increases cravings for unhealthy food, leading to binge eating and overeating. So, get a minimum of 7 to 8 hours of shut eye every single night to successfully lose weight.