Shiseido: The Makeup Stick Foundation Review
Hi everyone, So I’m back with my second review 😀 yayy!! I am actually quite enjoying this. I spend hours reading reviews and looking for swatches now before I buy any product! It is becoming an addiction. My shopping list grows everyday. No matter how much I buy it’s never enough!! 😀 😀
So anyways I was reading many reviews on foundations these days and that was because I have oily/combination skin and it is very acne prone. I remember I used to have breakouts after using any kind of foundation, no matter what brand it was!!
Finally it all came to rest when one of my friend applied this Shiseido makeup stick foundation on my face one day. That was the day when I actually started using and liking makeup! So my interest with makeup started with this product 😀 and I’ve been using it for the last 2-3yrs..!!
Now after using the Shiseido foundation stick for so long, I was just wondering if anything else would work for me. I bought the Maxfactor natural minerals foundation. I got the wrong colour. And then I decided to just chuck it. I love my Shiseido stick! Why even bother looking for something else? and then I decided to write a review on it 🙂
So here is what Shiseido Makeup Stick Foundation claims:
A creamy stick foundation that glides on effortlessly providing versatile coverage and a comfortable long-lasting lustrous finish while offering exceptional skincare benefits.
- Employs Advanced Luminous Technology to promote a makeup look that’s velvety smooth and perfectly radiant.
- Applies quickly and easily, offering varied coverage from light to full without heaviness.
- Subtly conceals fine lines and imperfections for a flawless appearance.
- Gives skin a lasting, dewy-moist feeling of just-applied makeup.
- Maintains a color-true, fresh-looking finish for hours.
- Contains Multi-Nutrient Factor, an advanced moisturizer and energizer.
- Exceptionally portable.
(Formulated to minimize the risk of allergy.)
Directions To Use:
- Apply after skincare, extending stick outward approximately 1 cm (1/2 inch).
- Draw lines with stick foundation on forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin.
- Smooth foundation evenly over skin with fingers, working from the center of the face outward.?For an unparalleled finish, apply foundation with sponge.
This Shiseido makeup stick foundation comes in 10g tube and is very handy to carry, just like a lipstick.I completely adore the packaging!!
As soon as you remove the cap, .you cn twist out the foundation easily.It has been my HG foundation since the past few yrs!! 😀 🙂
Pros of Shiseido Makeup Stick Foundation
- The packaging is super cute
- As soon as I open it, I love the fragrance. Not a very strong one though, it is just a sweet fragrance. It gives a very fresh feeling on application 🙂
- Very easy to apply. All i have to do is to just apply streaks in different areas of my face and then blend it.
- It’s very easily blended; I use my fingers but you can use a sponge if u want. I’ve tried that too.
Well so here I’m ending my second post, I hope it proves helpful. I totally love this product and I wish it’s never discontinued!
– It never looks unnatural or cakey…it gives my skin a very smooth finish and a beautiful glow 🙂
– I’ve never had any breakout with it
– It’s creamy, and although it is meant for normal to dry skin, it works well for me; maybe because I don’t use my moisturiser beneath it.
– It gives me medium coverage. I don’t like very high coverage as it is. I feel it looks a little artificial.
– It’s coverage is pretty buildable. If you like high coverage you just need to add on a little more strokes and you’re done! 🙂
– It stays for a long time. I’ve worn it for 8 hrs and it didn’t fade and it didn’t even turn my skin oily or anything
– It lasts a long long time, I don’t apply foundation everyday and its last me 3yrs. But i think it’ll last around an year if used regularly.
– It’s available in many colours and I got one which totally matches my skin tone. I have it in natural fair ochre.
– It gives me a dewy look. I don’t really like matte finish.
Cons of Shiseido Makeup Stick Foundation
– I won’t recommend Shiseido Makeup Stick Foundation to people with very oily skin. It has worked for me but my skin isn’t super oily, so it may not work for u
– The price- i really don’t remember it well but it was around Rs3000/- that time. Don’t know what it costs right now (I don’t really have a problem with that because it lasts superlong- it’s more of an investment plus it never caused any break outs for me)
– Not all colours are available in India.
12 thoughts on “Shiseido: Makeup Stick Foundation Review”
I like Shiseido….only have one eyeshadow from the makeup line..but I use their skincare and absolutely love it. Only problem, they take ages to restock an item when they run out of it :-(( :-((
i havent tried their eyeshadows yet…but ya ur right…they do take a lot of time to restock :smug: …i’v been looking for their liquid concealer but its never available :sarcasm: …also it took me alot of time to get the eyelash curler…but i still feel that its kinda worth the wait 🙂 😀 😀
Ohhhh…great..so the eyelash curler also is never available!!!!! I didnt know that..better put my name in the list the next time I go to the counter :-((
Ohh..wow thanks for the review…will try it :-))
😀 thanks…i totally recommend it 🙂 its my HG foundation 🙂
hw nice, it suites dry skin 🙂 voila :victory:
Hi Surbhi, I know someone whose HG foundation is from Shiseido. I think they do good job with their bases.
My first purchase is going to be their eye shadow. 😀 😀
Thanks for the review. 🙂
3000 bucks 4 a foundation 😯 😯 😯 😯 .I know u said it lasts a really long time but the price will knock my father off his chair if I ask him(teen hazar,for small steel ka tube :idk: :idk: )
sounds good but not for oilies like me