We all love our makeup, we spend thousands of rupees on good quality makeup but sometimes due to sheer laziness or when we are just tired to remove it, we sleep with our makeup on. If it happens occasionally its OK, but if it’s happening every other day, it will lead to so many skin problems. Read on to know more about them.
Cause of Acne:
Our skin secretes a waxy lubricant which protects our skin, helps to moisturize and also helps to remove dead cells. When we sleep with our make up on, it clogs our pores and prevents secretion of sebum which can cause acne.
Development of Fine Lines:
During the course of the day, our skin is contacted with so many free radicals from the environment and if we don’t clean our face properly or don’t remove the makeup, it results in the development of fine lines and prematurely aged skin.
Foundations are oil based primers, which when left on the face prevents it from renewing itself naturally at night which can cause acne and dullness.
Swollen and Dry Eyes:
Sleeping with mascara on can dry out the lashes, which make them brittle and prone to breakage. So if you want healthy and luscious lashes don’t sleep with mascara in your eyes.
Our skin uses our sleeping time to replenish and renew itself and produce vitamins and minerals which give us a healthy glow. And if your makeup is clogging it, it will lead to very unhealthy skin in the long run.
Enlargement of Pores:
If you make it a habit of not removing your makeup before sleeping, it will increase the size of your pores due to build-up of makeup and will also stretch them. Your pores will become more noticeable and elastic. And we all want our pores to be tight and not loose. Don’t we?
Ways to Remove Makeup:
- Baby wipes are quick and easy way to remove your makeup. They won’t irritate your skin. Keep some wipes handy at your bedside table.
- Just pour some milk right on a cotton ball and gentle swipe over your eye, it’s a natural way to remove makeup and it will also leave your skin soft.
- To remove your eye makeup, use some baby oil. Your makeup will easily come off.
- To remove anything from your lips, you can use some petroleum jelly on your lips and gently swipe it with a tissue.
- If you have dry skin, you can use olive oil to remove the makeup to avoid drying your skin.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it in some yogurt, rub it on your face in circular motions and then rinse your face with cold water. It will moisturize your skin.
Nighttime Beauty Mistakes To Avoid
10 Habits That Are Damaging Your Skin
Best Makeup Removers Available in India
Best Makeup Remover Ever!
Maybelline Makeup Remover Eye, Lip Review, Experiment
Lakme Absolute Bi-Phased Makeup Remover
Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover
L’oreal Lip and Eye Makeup Remover
Best Homemade Makeup Removers