L’oreal Gentle Lip and Eye Makeup Remover Review
I found this product last year while I was exploring and practicing my technique in applying liquid eyeliner. It was real tough to remove and my facial makeup remover just wouldn’t cut it, so I set off to find a makeup remover that wouldn’t make me look like a racoon after removing all that eye shadow, mascara, and liquid eyeliner. Did the L’oreal Gentle Lip and Eye Makeup Remover do the job? Read on to find out. 🙂
L’Oreal Paris Gentle Eye Make-up Remover Waterproof for Eyes and Lips contains a non-irritating, fragrance-free formula to gently and effectively remove waterproof eye make-up and long lasting lipstick. The dual action formula contains oils to dissolve make-up and a lotion to remove traces of make-up and refresh the skin. Suitable for all eyes including sensitive and contact lens wearers.
Water, cyclopentasiloxsne, isohexadecane, isopropyl palmitate, sodium chloride, dipotassium phosphate, poloxamer 184, potassium phosphate, panthenol, polyaminopropyl biguanide, D & C Green N 6 (CI 61565), (FIL B4885/2).
The liquid inside the bottle separates into two cute blue layers. According to the bottle, the darker layer, or the top layer, is rich in delicate oils and is effective at removing long-lasting, waterproof makeup, while the lighter layer at the bottom is a mild lotion that gives a pleasant, fresh feeling. We’re instructed to shake the bottle well before use, and the two layers mix when that is done.
It basically feels like a light oil once it’s applied on the skin, and applies colourless. I avoid using heavy oils, such as natural oils like virgin coconut oil to remove makeup on the eye area because I find it too heavy for my skin and it often clouds my vision after use. This feels a lot lighter and less sticky too, and did not make my eyes cloudy.
What I like about L’oreal Lip and Eye Makeup Remover :
The bottle seals tightly and securely, therefore preventing any possible spillage. The cap is not easily removed and screws on firmly. I just hate it when oils and lotions spill all over the other things in my travel bag. The small hole dispenses just the right amount and is the perfect size for cotton pads or cotton balls.
- It is indeed gentle and did not make my eyes cloudy, nor did it cause any stinging sensation to them or to the sensitive skin around my eyes. I have also tried this on my lips and it was the same way.
- It does effectively remove stubborn waterproof makeup, like waterproof mascara and thick liquid eyeliner, however I must say it doesn’t take off everything with just one swipe. I use one cotton pad to remove my eye makeup, then I have to use a second one to remove residue around the eye area and see my skin completely free of makeup.
- A small amount goes a long way. A dab of it on one cotton pad is enough to remove the makeup on one eye.
- Reasonably priced at around $7 or approximately Rp. 318. It contains 125 ml of product, which, if used only on the eyes and lips, and not the entire face, should last a number of months (well, depending on how often you use eye makeup. I don’t do so too often).
What I dislike about L’oreal Lip & Eye Makeup Removal
- Not much really…well, it’d be totally perfect if it didn’t feel like an oil at all and if it felt just like water or toner, because oils feel too greasy for me to use in hot weather. But this is just my personal preference. This may just be me being fussy.
Overall, I obviously like this and would recommend it for easy, cheap makeup removal! Comparing it to the popular, also effective makeup remover, but high-end Lancome Bi-facil which is $26, this is much more affordable and takes off heavy eye makeup effectively. Personally I find that it also stands true to its claim of being gentle- I’ve used it not only on my eyes but my entire face a few times and it didn’t cause any irritations or pimples.
Have you used L’oreal Eye and Lip Makeup remover? Please rate in the box below
Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover Review
ELF Eye Makeup Remover Pads Review
ELF Makeup Remover Cleansing Cloths Review
Lakme Nine to Five Makeup Remover Review
Revlon Eye and Lip Make-up Remover Review
Maybelline Makeup Remover Eye, Lip Review
Kaya Hydra Cleanse Makeup Remover Review
L’oreal De-maq Expert Elixir Concentrate Ultra Make-up Remover
L’oreal Paris – Color Appeal Trio Pro Eye Shadow Review
L’oreal 24 Hour Superliner Gel Eyeliner Photos
L’Oreal Minerals Kohl Powder Eyeliner Review