Does facial fat bothers you every day? Tired of people calling you chubby? Losing weight can be a mammoth task; in fact, losing weight from a specific area of the body can be a tougher goal to achieve. But looking slim, trim, and in shape comes with its own set of struggles, right? If unwanted weight on your face is snatching away your peaceful sleep, then you are at the right place to find a solution. This post will tell you about the ways of how you can get rid of stubborn weight from face and get a slimmer looking appearance. So, let’s dive in deeper to find out how to do spot weight reduction from face.
1. Facial Workout:
Yes, you heard it right! Exercising the body helps to increase the metabolism of the entire body which in turn automatically helps to reduce fat from the face. You can try normal workouts like 30-minute walk 7 days each week, or do simple running. Any fat burning exercise will help to reduce fat from the face, so the idea is about maintaining a healthy body. Also, you can try weight training. Go to some gym and use machine weights, dumbbells, or even your own body weight to keep up your body’s lean muscle tissue. Once you start building muscles on your body, including your face, the more easily you will burn face fat. This will also boost your metabolism and keep your weight gain under control.
- Do facial exercises: Facial exercises can help to tone your facial muscles and in turn can give your face a slimmer appearance. There are different facial exercises that can help you to do fat reduction of fat from face.
- Cheek Puff Exercise: In this exercise, you have to take deep breath and then hold the air within your cheeks. Push the air to the other cheek. Repeat this in sets of 10.
- Smile exercise: A beautiful smile costs nothing. This exercise helps to tone and trim down cheek fat. While doing this don’t squint your eyes. Pucker your lips and do this for both the cheeks.
- Lip Puckering Exercise: As suggested by the name, one has to pucker the lips and hold it for some seconds. Hold the pucker in the right and then switch it to the left. This helps to do spot reduction of facial fat.
- XO Exercise: As easy as the name says, you just have to say X and O so that your face muscles are stretched and contracted to their limit. This improves blood circulation and helps to improve the strength of facial muscles. Do this in sets of 10 each.
- Fish Face: This is a beneficial fat reduction exercise where you have to suck in your cheeks inside while trying to smile. Hold the pose for 5 seconds and then release your cheeks. Repeat this for 10 times.
- Chin Lift: This helps to target fat reduction from chin area. You have to look above and then pull your lower lip upwards, and hold it for five seconds. Repeat this 10 times.
- Cheek Lift: For people with chubby cheeks, do this exercise. Start with a wide smile, then stretch your right cheek with the help of your index, middle, and ring fingers in the direction of your eyes. Stay in this pose for about 10 seconds and then repeat on the opposite cheek.
- Chewing gum exercise: All you have to do here is to grab a chewing gum and use it to tone your jaw and cheek muscles. It helps to burn facial fat.
Drink plenty of water: Keeping yourself hydrated is really important to stay beautiful and glowing. If you are looking forward to reduce facial bloating, then you must never ignore your water consumption intake. Drinking water can decrease calorie intake and temporarily boost metabolism. It may also reduce fluid retention to prevent bloating and in turn prevent puffiness of the face.
3. Cut down your Sodium and Sugar Intake: The most visible effect of excess sugar and sodium intake are bloating and water retention, leading to extra weight gain. Sodium has the ability to retain water, resulting in fluid retention. In order to reduce facial puffing and swelling, you must consider reducing your intake of sodium. We know that it is not entirely possible to give up on salt and sugary items, but you can definitely cut down the amount. Instead of salt, rely more on lean meals. Also, instead of snacking on cookies or cakes, try to eat natural sugar from fruits like mango, banana, etc. This in turn will slowly help you to get a slimmer face without much effort.
4. Have an adequate amount of sleep: Do you know that monitoring your sleep schedule can help you lose facial fat? Sleep deprivation can cause an increase in levels of cortisol, a stress hormone that increases chances of weight gain and food intake. You must get at least 8 hours of sleep daily, otherwise, it will definitely indulge with your body functioning. Thereby, increasing your sleep duration can help you lose facial fat easily.
5. Get steam facial done: This might sound strange but steam can actually help improve the tone and shape of your face. This happens because steam causes your pores to open, releasing sweat and any trapped toxins. Evidently, this also reduces bloating on the face by reducing the water retention capacity. This method will only work if you keep yourself hydrated thoroughly throughout the day. Soak in a clean towel with hot water and before placing it on your face, make sure the temperature is right so you don’t hurt your face due to the heat. Repeat it twice a day for 10 minutes.
6. Indulge in occasional face massages: Getting a good facial massage done can tone the entire face. In this process, excess water retention in the face is alleviated by promoting circulation and leading to lymphatic drainage. Using a good massage cream or facial oil will add more benefits to the whole procedure.
Losing weight from face is not easy and you definitely can’t lose facial fat overnight. However, incorporating healthy lifestyle changes, indulging in daily physical activity, doing facial exercises, and reducing salt and sugar intake will help you get rid of chubby face.