WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hair is a woman’s crowning glory and it’s the same for every woman across the world. However, a lot of people suffer from various hair-related issues like dandruff, hair fall, frizziness and dry hair. Women always are concerned about their mane and this question always crosses their mind, “how do you take care of your hair.?” So, in this post, we tell you ways you can flaunt healthy and lustrous mane.
What Causes Hair Damage?
Hair is susceptible to damage from:
- Exposure to direct sunlight.
- Chemicals like chlorine if you are in the habit of swimming in a chlorinated pool.
- Products and treatments meant to straighten and curl hair.
- Hair color.
- Hot tools such as straightener, curler, hair dryer
Let us now move on to some of the most pressing concerns with regards to hair:
- Hair fall: Hair fall is one of the leading causes of concern among people irrespective of gender; and it is seen to affect people from the ages of 20 to 80 years. Undoubtedly, the greatest of all hair worries, there are a few steps that one may adopt to combat the situation such as cleaning your scalp clean and free of dandruff, by shampooing at least once a week.
- Poor quality hair: Dry and frizzy hair and hair with split ends are another thing that puts a deep frown on one’s forehead.
- What are the hair care tips that you should follow?
Here, we will enlist about the basic hair care tips that you should follow to maintain healthy and beautiful hair.
- Washing your hair: Do not wash your hair regularly, especially if you are susceptible to hair fall. Washing hair twice a week would just be enough.
- Do not use harsh shampoo on your hair. Use mild and gentle hair cleansers and shampoos.
- Drying your hair: Use a dry towel to dry your hai gently instead of rubbing your scalp vigorously.
- Combing your hair: Use a wide toothed comb to comb your wet hair, do not pull or tug for that may aggravate hair fall.
- Shampooing your hair: Shampoo your hair at least once or twice a week; remember to rinse properly to make sure that no shampoo is left behind on the scalp. Avoid scrubbing your scalp. Also, ensure that you choose your shampoo as per your hair type and hair concern. Also, do not use shampoos that contain sulphates or parabens. Both of these chemicals aren’t healthy for you or the environment so try to use shampoos with natural cleansers.
- Use frizz control-products: For super-frizzy hair, take help of frizz-control serum and use it in small quantities. Using too much will make your hair limp and oily. Using a light hair serum controls frizz alongside giving a nice shine and vitality to the hair.
- Hair Conditioner: It is most desirable to follow up your shampooing routine with a conditioning one as well. Use a good quality conditioner post shampoo for best effect.
- Oiling your hair: Do not forget to oil your hair, once or twice a week, if you want to get rid of frizzy and dry hair that are prone to split ends. Use oils of almond, castor, olive, coconut and lavender oils. Mix together equal proportions of each. Apply to the hair and leave in for four hours prior to showering out. Repeat twice a week.
- Avoid hairstyling equipment: Avoid using curling irons, straightening irons and hot air dryers as far as possible as they do no good to your beautiful locks in the long run.
- Use apple cider vinegar: Once in a month, use apple cider vinegar. Our hair accumulates dirt, oil, pollutants and carbon particles which do not get removed completely by use of shampoos. Using this helps to make your hair look shinier and cleaner and it also helps in reducing dandruff.
- Hairstyling: Hairstyling is not good for your hair, however, if it is to be done then it should be performed by experts/professionals (or as per their guidance and advice) and with good quality products, especially coloring. But it always is a wiser choice to avoid perming, crimping, straightening, curling, and bleaching or repeatedly coloring hair if at all possible.
- Avoid over-brushing: Too much brushing of hair causes damage to your hair strands that results in frizz and split ends. So, keep it limited to once or twice a day.
- Hair Masks: Hair masks are pretty popular and healthy and should be incorporated in your regular hair maintenance regime. Use homemade masks and use them once or twice a week.
Here are some hair mask recipes:
- Mask of Egg, curd and mustard oil: For dry hair, you need to try out this mask. A mask made from eggs is rich in vitamin A, B12, D and E, fatty acids and protein. This protein rich mask strengthens the roots, conditions the hair and also gives it a healthy volume.
- Mask of Avocado and peppermint oil: This mask made from avocados is creamy and rich. To make this mask, you have to mash some avocado, add a drop or two of peppermint oil and apply this mask on your hair. Leave it in for 15-20 minutes and wash off.
- Engage in regular trimming: If you suffer from the problem of split ends, then engaging in regular trimming is a must to do thing. People with perfect hair never have split ends as they do regular trimming after every 6-8 weeks.
- Exposure to direct Sunlight: Do not subject your hair to direct sunlight for long hours, wear a hat or use an umbrella to protect your hair.
- Chemicals: Please avoid or be careful of exposing your hair to harmful chemicals, such as chlorine, especially when one is into swimming.
- Lifestyle Choices: Lifestyle choices matter and as such stressful situations should be avoided. Stress is bad for health and hair.
- Sleep: Inadequate sleep is also partly responsible for hair damage. As such, care should be taken to be wary of sleep deprivation and the concern be duly addressed.
- Food habits: Food habits constitute a lion’s share of one’s lifestyle and hence one should be discerning about it. Street/junk food as well as oily and spicy foods should be avoided. One should opt for a healthier diet to maintain good hair. Your hair needs the right amount of vitamins. Since hair is made of proteins, eat a balanced diet rich in lean protein, whole grains, fruits and vegetables.
- Regular Physical Activity: The other major aspect of our lifestyle that wreaks havoc on our health as well as adversely affects our hair is a sedentary lifestyle. Care should be taken to engage oneself in regular physical activities to stay in shape and keep good hair.
We all desire healthy good looking strong hair, so let us pledge to take very good care of the same so that we may enjoy it for as long as possible.
So dear readers, tell us what you think of the article in the comments section below. And as always, stay beautiful and strong.