Hope all of you are doing fine! Today I am here to share another entry in my skincare regimen, a mineral pressed powder from Tarte. I heard mineral make up is a boon for oily/problematic skin and since summers are almost in, I decided to splurge in mineral make up cum skin care. Well my oily/sensitive skin is too much to think of foundation or blush right now hence I started with mineral powder. I must tell you I already love it and soon going to try other tarte mineral make up products, they are parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, SLS & synthetic fragrance free. So, please read on more about Tarte Powderful Amazonian clay pressed mineral powder.
Price: $30 for 0.39 Oz (11.0 g), excludes taxes & shipping
What Does Tarte Claims about its product: This Amazonian clay infused matte powder soothes skin as it gives the right amount of buildable coverage.
Product Performance: Our whisper light mineral pressed powder allows skin to breathe while it sets makeup in place, quiets shine, and treats skin to soothing vitamins and minerals. Powderful™ can be used wet or dry and alone or with foundation and won’t make your face look dusty.
Powered By: Amazonian clay: Amazonian clay acts as a total skin balancer, by hydrating all skin types, reducing the appearance of dry, flaky skin, improving clarity and texture, and removing surface oil to set the stage for a smooth application and long wear.
Packaging: This pressed mineral powder comes in navy blue quilted case with soft sponge and inbuilt mirror. Umm, packaging is quite ordinary but looks are sometimes deceiving as the product inside is worth trying! It is absolutely travel friendly and fragrance free packaging, not to forget its mirror and powder is safely placed with thin film for hygienic and safe use, a win -win stuff over all.
This Tarte powderful Amazonian clay mineral pressed powder is available in 6 universal shades for every fair/medium/tan beauty with red/yellow/beige/olive undertones which will suit every skin tone respectively:
Fair: porcelain to ivory complexions
Light: fair to light complexions with beige & yellow undertones
Medium: Light to medium complexions with beige & yellow undertones
Honey: medium to dark complexions with yellow undertones
Tan: medium complexions with olive undertones
Walnut: dark complexions with golden red undertones
Considering my Asian fair skin I picked up light shade, which is great for giving me natural clean, fresh, oil free skin.
My take on Tarte Powderful Amazonian Clay Pressed Mineral Powder:
Face powder is integral part of my grooming especially when I say I am blessed with oily skin and I skip foundations. I usually feel well moisturized face with decent powder touch up is good to go provided we are confident and accept the way we look with those pimple marks and open pores; I am completely fine with it. However, I cannot tolerate greasy skin as it accentuates my pores.. 😛 I have been using loreal absolute serum visible lift face powder from past 1-2 years and I could never understand what was wrong with my choice unless I tried this tarte powderful mineral pressed powder honestly.
It is finely milled powder which simply soaks oil like a dream. I can see how it absorbs oil and my skin looks naturally radiant, it does not work as radiance or luminous powder let me tell you, which is good for me! I just use it over toner, moisturizer and I am good to go for 4-5 hours which is pretty good as I am okay with touchups. However, with decent primer it works great and gives me clean, non greasy skin for good 6-8 hours isn’t amazing! Now, the usp of this stuff for me atleast is, it does not gives any white/chalky cast to my face neither in person nor behind lens. Ever since I tried this powder I clearly understood my previous loreal is good but it makes me look porcelain in pics as well as in person because it does work as highlighter or luminous powder unlike this tarte pressed powder. Even the sponge applicator with tarte powderful is really good to get sheer coverage and use on my sensitive/acne prone skin. It does not irritate or accentuate my skin issues, simply sweeps away oil and dullness from my face.
I think, this powder does not conceal my pimple marks or acne just sweeps oil and gives me clean, naturally fresh skin beneath. I mean the natural complexion of my skin is enhanced not changed and I totally love it! Not to forget it does tones my pores without sinking in or clogging them, and I totally agree with you all that mineral make up soothes acne prone skin as it tends to relieve me from red sensitive spots and I just love my natural complexion, it does not look made up it is just me! I never experienced any skin issues ever since using it on my skin, my skin feels touchable soft and visibly smooth. Moreover, I feel I cannot go wrong while blending in tarte powderful as it amazingly blends onto my skin without any cakey, streaky or chalky feel no matter I smear it with a sponge or my new sephora mineral powder brush! It never accentuates fine lines under my eyes or laugh lines; I feel it is my best finding till date.
I am also lucky to get mineral pressed powder as I am still not comfortable with loose mineral powders but I will definitely love to try them as well! Now I feel sorry to say that using this powder alone on skin will not give you enough coverage to hide pimples or scars, it will just absorb oil and enhance your natural skin texture & complexion to feel better and confident with your minor flaws. However, it also works as make up setting powder hence it will give good results when used over foundation, concealer I guess. Moreover, I never tried it with wet sponge hence I cannot say how it fairs when used with wet applicator! I just feel we need to periodically wash sponge applicator as it tends to look dusty and I fear it might develop certain bacteria on its surface! I will highly recommend this amazing stuff to every beauty preferably oily/combination, acne prone skin beauty. However, it is gentle enough for dry problematic skin as well. Totally a must have for me all year round.
Pros of Tarte Powderful Amazonian Clay Pressed Mineral Powder:
• An Amazonian clay infused matte mineral pressed powder infused with goodness of vitamin C & E as well
• It is formulated without parabens, phthalates, SLS, mineral oil & synthetic fragrance
• It effectively sweeps excess oil from skin without ripping off natural moisture or drying sensitive skin
• It blends like dream on my oily, acne prone bumpy skin in just single stroke with sponge applicator
• It will not give any white or chalky cast unlike other luminous powders, it just soaks oil and I can notice a clear, matte skin instantly
• It does not work as luminous or highlighter, it simply enhances our natural skin complexion without giving it a made up look which is commendable
• It does not settle on pores or fine lines, a clean, matte and soft finishing
• My skin feels naturally soft and smooth even after using it for several hours
• It never irritated nor accentuated my problematic skin issues, it soothes my acne prone skin
• It does not look cakey, streaky or build up no matter I swipe it once or thrice
• It would not conceal my pimples, scars but it definitely refines my skin texture and pores and I feel comfortable to go bare & look as natural as possible
• It gracefully enhances my natural skin tone and I never felt using any primer or foundation beneath this powder
• It can be used alone on skin or over foundation, I just use it over my toner, moisturizer and it still gives me matte, naturally clean & fresh skin for good 4-6 hours
• I believe it will give great coverage when used over foundation as a setting powder
• It can be used as dry or wet, but I always used it dry
• It is perfect for gals who are blessed with problem free skin and who want an instant fresh, matte skin without affecting their natural complexion
• It would also help oily/combination skin gals who dare to go bare with their minor flaws with naturally fresh, matte skin
• It is available in 6 universal shade which will suit every Asian/Non Asian skin tone I guess
• A perfect pick for gals who love to look natural even with minimal or heavy make up
• Considering its pros and visible results on my skin, I say it is affordable deal though not a steal
• Travel friendly and fragrance free packaging, plus point for all sensitive noses
Cons of Tarte Powderful Amazonian Clay Pressed Mineral Powder:
• It might give good coverage over foundation but if used alone it would not hide blemishes or scars other then refining and toning skin texture
Honestly it is not a con for me as long as I am comfortable with my flaws. It is my hg face powder for summers as of now unless I get anything nearly closer to this powderful or better than this! I would highly recommend this mineral pressed powder to every gal, it is amazing which enhances your natural beauty. If you are looking for full/medium coverage, just use it as setting powder over your face make up and you will love it!
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush – Frisky
Tarte Lights Camera Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara
Tarte Amazonian Clay Eye & Cheek Palette
Tarte Natural Lip Stain with LipSurgence in Moody
Tarte The Starlet Limited Edition Makeup Vanity
Tarte Hope LipSurgence Natural Matte Lip Tint
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Exposed
Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay Blush in Blissful