What it claims: Moisturizing lip colour that feels velvety smooth and glides on effortlessly. With light-diffusers for younger-looking lips.
Price and Weight: Rs 575 for 4 gms
Shades available in India: 24
(L-R): Soft Red, Pink Ginger, Sunset Peach
About the Ingredients: Marula oil – Is a very effective moisturiser that also helps to condition the skin over time. Also provides essential fatty acids that help to repair the skin’s moisture barrier, thus helping to restore moisture, smoothness and suppleness.
Organic beeswax – Moisturises and helps to condition the skin. Acts as a barrier that helps to seal in moisture. Helps to keep product texture consistent when used over time.
Grapeseed oil – Is very rich in essential fatty acids that help to repair the skin’s moisture barrier, thus helping to restore moisture, smoothness and suppleness.
(L-R): Soft Red, Pink Ginger, Sunset Peach
About these 3 shades: By the way, for all those in doubt regarding which colour to buy first, Pink Ginger is a universally flattering shade 🙂 and Sunset Peach looks best when paired with smokey eyes. Soft Red is a warm brown in a red cast and has golden shimmer to it which my camera has been unable to pick☹ Soft Red is more of a party wear shade though it does not seem so in this swatch.
The Good about The Body Shop Colourglide Lip Colour
- Removing the lipstick is a dream. It comes off very easily with wet cotton. Absolutely no makeup remover/oil/Vaseline required to remove it. Also leaves behind no stain once removed.
- Wide range of colours so you can esily find one that suits your complexion.
- The natural ingredients do indeed moisturise my lips. I wear Pink Ginger daily at home and cannot imagine surviving the notorious Delhi winter season minus it. I do not need a lip balm before applying it. In fact, the lipstick both feels and looks best without a lip balm underneath.
- By the way, for all those in doubt regarding which shade to buy first, Pink Ginger is a universally flattering shade 🙂 and Sunset Peach looks best when paired with smokey eyes.
- The texture: It is indeed smooth and glides on my lips like a pigmented balm. Keeps my lips feeling comfortable and does not feel heavy at all.
- The new shades in this range namely Soft Red and Sunset Peach have a very light but yummy vanilla fragrance but the old shades like Pink Ginger have a slightly waxy smell without any fragrance whatsoever. In any case, neither of the two types of smell stays on your lips for long.
- It does not melt at all even though cracks have already started appearing in my Pink Ginger shade (as is visible in the picture too).
- I also read once in 3 surveys that TBS lipsticks alongwith Avon have the most negligible amount of lead as compared to Lakme, Revlon, Maybelline, Chambor and YSL. I don’t know how far the claim is true but that still feels good. 🙂
- The cap closes with a click and the silver encasing is pretty sturdy. Very handy lipstick to be carried in planes, trains, drives etc.
- Not tested on animals.
- Winner of Vogue Beauty Award 2010 for Best Brown Lipstick (Beechnut)!
The Bad about The Body Shop Colourglide Lip Colour
- Tends to sink into fine lines so those with chapped lips should stay away from these.
- Staying power is rather disappointing for it stays barely two hours on my lips even without meals.
- The packaging: The silver case simply has a sticker and a number on it, indicating the number of the shade and the approximate colour of what’s in the tube. It does not carry any corresponding shade names like the ones listed in their original catalogue and the wrapper in which the lipstick comes sealed. It definitely makes storing and locating many of these lipsticks an issue. Besides, the silver packaging tends to pick up fingerstains and marks very quickly.
- It takes more than one layer of the lipstick to make it look even.
- It is not as pigmented as it appears in the tube. Besides the lighting at most TBS stores can play havoc with the exact shade. So I would recommend you try it on at TBS, go out and look at yourself in daylight and then decide upon buying it.
Rating: :-* :-* :-* :-*
Verdict: Good daily wear, indoors, and air plane lipsticks.
Would you purchase again? : I would definitely not mind a few more shades but only once I am through with the current lot 😀
Have you used The Body Shop ColourGlide Lip Colours?
Also, Read :
- REVLON Street Wear: Shine Divine Lip Color Review
- Lakme Nine To Five Day Perfect Lip Color Photos, Swatches
- Maxfactor Lipfinity Lip Color & Gloss Review, Swatches, Application