What it claims: Moisturizing lip colour that feels velvety smooth and glides on effortlessly. With light-diffusers for younger-looking lips.
Price and Weight: Rs 575 for 4 gms
Shades available in India: 24
(L-R): Soft Red, Pink Ginger, Sunset Peach
About the Ingredients: Marula oil – Is a very effective moisturiser that also helps to condition the skin over time. Also provides essential fatty acids that help to repair the skin’s moisture barrier, thus helping to restore moisture, smoothness and suppleness.
Organic beeswax – Moisturises and helps to condition the skin. Acts as a barrier that helps to seal in moisture. Helps to keep product texture consistent when used over time.
Grapeseed oil – Is very rich in essential fatty acids that help to repair the skin’s moisture barrier, thus helping to restore moisture, smoothness and suppleness.
(L-R): Soft Red, Pink Ginger, Sunset Peach
About these 3 shades: By the way, for all those in doubt regarding which colour to buy first, Pink Ginger is a universally flattering shade 🙂 and Sunset Peach looks best when paired with smokey eyes. Soft Red is a warm brown in a red cast and has golden shimmer to it which my camera has been unable to pick☹ Soft Red is more of a party wear shade though it does not seem so in this swatch.
The Good about The Body Shop Colourglide Lip Colour
- Removing the lipstick is a dream. It comes off very easily with wet cotton. Absolutely no makeup remover/oil/Vaseline required to remove it. Also leaves behind no stain once removed.
- Wide range of colours so you can esily find one that suits your complexion.
- The natural ingredients do indeed moisturise my lips. I wear Pink Ginger daily at home and cannot imagine surviving the notorious Delhi winter season minus it. I do not need a lip balm before applying it. In fact, the lipstick both feels and looks best without a lip balm underneath.
- By the way, for all those in doubt regarding which shade to buy first, Pink Ginger is a universally flattering shade 🙂 and Sunset Peach looks best when paired with smokey eyes.
- The texture: It is indeed smooth and glides on my lips like a pigmented balm. Keeps my lips feeling comfortable and does not feel heavy at all.
- The new shades in this range namely Soft Red and Sunset Peach have a very light but yummy vanilla fragrance but the old shades like Pink Ginger have a slightly waxy smell without any fragrance whatsoever. In any case, neither of the two types of smell stays on your lips for long.
- It does not melt at all even though cracks have already started appearing in my Pink Ginger shade (as is visible in the picture too).
- I also read once in 3 surveys that TBS lipsticks alongwith Avon have the most negligible amount of lead as compared to Lakme, Revlon, Maybelline, Chambor and YSL. I don’t know how far the claim is true but that still feels good. 🙂
- The cap closes with a click and the silver encasing is pretty sturdy. Very handy lipstick to be carried in planes, trains, drives etc.
- Not tested on animals.
- Winner of Vogue Beauty Award 2010 for Best Brown Lipstick (Beechnut)!
The Bad about The Body Shop Colourglide Lip Colour
- Tends to sink into fine lines so those with chapped lips should stay away from these.
- Staying power is rather disappointing for it stays barely two hours on my lips even without meals.
- The packaging: The silver case simply has a sticker and a number on it, indicating the number of the shade and the approximate colour of what’s in the tube. It does not carry any corresponding shade names like the ones listed in their original catalogue and the wrapper in which the lipstick comes sealed. It definitely makes storing and locating many of these lipsticks an issue. Besides, the silver packaging tends to pick up fingerstains and marks very quickly.
- It takes more than one layer of the lipstick to make it look even.
- It is not as pigmented as it appears in the tube. Besides the lighting at most TBS stores can play havoc with the exact shade. So I would recommend you try it on at TBS, go out and look at yourself in daylight and then decide upon buying it.
Rating: :-* :-* :-* :-*
Verdict: Good daily wear, indoors, and air plane lipsticks.
Would you purchase again? : I would definitely not mind a few more shades but only once I am through with the current lot 😀
Have you used The Body Shop ColourGlide Lip Colours?
Also, Read :
- REVLON Street Wear: Shine Divine Lip Color Review
- Lakme Nine To Five Day Perfect Lip Color Photos, Swatches
- Maxfactor Lipfinity Lip Color & Gloss Review, Swatches, Application
54 thoughts on “The Body Shop Colourglide Lip Colour : Swatches and Review”
For some reason i am loving all three shades. :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin:
I have never ever picked TBS lipsticks, they have never appealed to me too much. :(( ANy suggestions?
My sister loves TBS lipsticks..but somehow I have never bought any…and they don’t seem to be the best for lips that tend to dry soon anyway 😐
these suit me rads. and yes i have had ppl telling me they find it drying. actually i think these are like lakme nine to five…like lakme ones these work for some and don’t work for some 😐
How can we both write similar comments, Rati..obviously you copycatting me :smug:
I wrote before than yours :violinbash: :violinbash:
You bloo-box admin..you might have rearranged comments to make it look that way :yelo:
😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯
:jiggy1: :jiggy1: :jiggy1: :jiggy1: :jiggy1: :jiggy1: :jiggy1:
actually i picked up sunset peach on a free coupon of rs.500 as i already had so many of tbs products, I couldn’t decide where to wate that coupon 😛 but one i had tried sunset peach, i purchased soft red and pink giner on my second trip and now i really like all 3 :jiggy1: :jiggy1: :jiggy1: my only suggestion is that if u buy these make the SA tear the new seal before u. actually she will herself as SA’s in 2 different TBS outlets were telling me how customers come to return these lipsticks because either they are broken or smell rancid….the SA themselves told me so :lol2:
rati, this one was for u 🙂
who is giving you free coupons ????? meko bhi chahiye … :worship: :worship:
lol…naina as tbs member u get a stamp for every purchase of 2000 and then when u cross 3 such stamps u get a free coupon of 250, thereafter 500, then 1000 and so on :toothygrin: :toothygrin:
he he that’s funny. 😛 Like you dont expect such things from a prestigious brand na.. 😛
u know my relationships with SA’s don’t u? remember that forest essentails waali :toothygrin: :tongue: ?
he he he . 😛
the third shade is so pretty!!!
i knew u would like the peach….how many peaches do u have rima :toothygrin:
i don’t know myself :monkey:
:toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin:
i like the shades but somehow dont like the lippies …. they look so rukha sukha … 😐 😐 😐 😐
Naina you were asking na..you had some problem?
problem nahiiin .. lots of confusion ..
1.i bloody broke my chambor ka compact , its in bits and pieces now. so i need to buy a good compact.
2.new years party and many other partys in between , so i need a good foundation and one nice eyeshadow pallette.
now the point is the only options available are “lotus/colorbar/streetwear/lakme” , so i was wondering what should i pick.havent used their compacts/foundations before ..
and do i actually need a foundation , i use lakme souffle now. also does the price really matter in case of a compact , as in lakme 150 wala and revlon 500 wala.. is the diffrence visible(quality is obviously better but m so lost). i can pick anything i want and i am so confused.. ?:) ?:) ?:) ?:) ?:) haan eyeshadow also , ?:) ?:) ?:)
rati would be the best person to guide u :toothygrin:
You crush the powder with a clean spoon and transfer it in a jar. You may use it as a loose powder. lakme compact is pretty decent you can pick that. Lotus makes an excellent compact as well for Rs 350. I have reviewed it before.
Lakme invisible foundation is pretty good. You may pick it up if you find your right shade.
Since you have very limited options pick up colorbar eyshadows. Am not sure if you can get hold of their cool and warm palettes but they are a good option. DO you get maybelline quads there?
nope … nothing from maybelline .. i read ur review about lotus compact, i guess will stick to it then, hows colorbar and lotus ka foundation ??
colorbar foundation broke me out but works well for a lot of people. It’s a full coverage foundation and can give you a cakey look if you are not careful with it. Texture wise, not bad.
Never tried lotus. :((
hmmmmm… i ll pick up lotus ka compact and lakme ka foundation then… and we ll see about the eyeshadow … and if i look good i ll also do a ‘thank you imbb’ post .. pukka se :victory2: :victory2:
he he that’s okay. you dont need to. you just have a great time. :))
no no i want to !!! i ll all show off show off if it comes up well and if it doesnt work out well i will pretend it never happened … :toothygrin:
I dont know what to say 😐 😐 😐 😐 😐
:-* :-* :-*
u can top them with a gloss. on lips they don’t look sookha sookha :yelo:
sinking into chapped skin…..errr….me too happy with my nivea lip balm….I have shiny shiny pouty lips now….. :yelo: :yelo: :yelo: :yelo:
i also want jomol to have shiny pouty lips…be it with nivea or tbs or just like that :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :yelo:
Lovvvvved soft red and hot peach… Will check these out soon… :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
:)) soft red and sunset peach mrun. hot peach was in my oriflame lipsticks review :toothygrin:
Am sooo bad with names.. I should copy-paste only… :reallyangry: :reallyangry:
lol no…i think i do too many lisptick review too often 😀 i should shift to eye pencils now :toothygrin: :toothygrin:
I will never confooose those… :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin:
lets c…i am going to ne doing many eye pencils inthe future mrun :yelo: :yelo: :yelo: :toothygrin:
sunset peach is gaaaaaawwwjjjjjuuuuusss!!!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :jaiho: :jaiho: :jaiho: :jaiho:
yes it is indeed pretty sireesha :))
sunset peach…. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
i guess everyone here has liked the peach shade :))
Me like all 3 shades :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: ..somehow for me TBS=skin care :silly: …i nvr even venture near their makeup counter…. Need to chk these lippies…. :jiggy1: :jiggy1: :jiggy1: :jiggy1: :jiggy1: :jiggy1: :jiggy1:
yeah do check farha. i so love wearing these at home. pink ginger kind of takes to my lips as if tbs manufactured it for my lips nlyo :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin:
Nice review Natasha!! I have no. 14 ..dunno which shade is that..its from the pink family!..its a good lipstick.and i like the slick packaging!.should look out for more shades i guess!
shade 14 is pink ginger anupam :toothygrin: the one reviewed here and the one i wear daily :whistle: at any tbs outlet across delhi the tester most used and exhausted is always pink ginger. it is the highest selling shade in the colorglide category :))