WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Looking for bright lip inspiration? You might fall in love with this! When Monday rolls around, my mind starts wondering in 2 directions. What am I going to wear this week, what makeup look am I going to rock, what shoes am I going to wear, etc. etc. etc.. It usually involves trying out a few new products (that of course are within my budget), so this week it was all about the new Street Wear: Shine Divine Lip color. I came across this a few days back; the colour is called Brunt Brown and I just had to share the love of it! Honestly speaking, I got this lipstick mainly on the persuasion of SA and later discovered that the lipstick itself is pretty good too. It’s very wearable and gives a glossy finish. It is moisturizing and is less drying than matte lipsticks. I have so far been really happy with this lip product and I am hereby sharing it with you all.
Brand highlights: Street wear’ range of cosmetic-were launched under the great brand of Revlon. The brand says:
- Not tested on animals.
- Celebrities like Halle Berry, Shania Twain, Susan Sarandon, Julianne Moore and Eva Mendes have all appeared in Revlon Advertising
What Street wear claims about Shine Divine Lip color: A great range of lip color that promises ‘high shine’ in seconds for the woman on the go. lt provides instant moisture to the lips with super longevity. This is all I guess, I neither get much on the packaging nor on their non existing website. Its Price: 395/- each (Indian rupees) How I apply the Shine Divine Lip color: I apply this on completely dry & clean lips. I admit I am very lazy so I do not prefer using lip liners. But I have to admit that lips lipstick looks even better when applied after drawing the outlines with a liner.
Street Wear: Shine Divine Lip color Positive points:
- This lipstick is great! It is a very bold reddish berry color, with lots of shimmer and shine.
- It has a built in brush tip applicator; it’s almost like you’re painting the color on with a lipstick and brush. I totally enjoy using it.
- The texture is smooth and manageable.
- It goes on very smoothly, and provides moisture for my chapped lips.
- It’s not dry or greasy, and it is highly pigmented. The shade is great for evening wear, although I use it during daytime too.
- With one coat, you have an intense color that is opaque and pigmented.
- The application is far less messy and makes touching up less of a chore.
- The shade I bought is very wearable and it’s one of those that will suit almost all complexions. It is an easy to wear shade that goes with pretty much everything.
- It lasts super-long too say about 4 to 5 hours
- It has a lovely shine to it so you don’t need a separate gloss.
Street Wear: Shine Divine Lip color negative points:
- No much detail is available on the net. Nor do they have an existing website.
- Very limited shades are available.
- Although the lip colour stays on the lips for long, but it loses the shine after 1 or 2 hours.
Will I repurchase this : This lipstick gives a great finishing and natural look to lips. The color however gives a glaring shine, and is very strongly pigmented. I don’t recommend dark, ominous browns, since a plum or pink shade will work better on most people, and sometimes bronze will look awesome, too. But overall this is an awesome lipstick; it does not make my lips dry I quite like the attached brush applicator. Those with too many fine lines on lips might want to try something else because this has a creamy base with lots of concentrated color. About repurchasing, not very sure, because with this price tag I guess I can buy a better brand.
My Rating: :-* :-*:-*:-*
Do you want to choose the perfect shade for your lips? If yes, here are some important tips that I can be normally followed in choosing the perfect lipstick shade:
- Test different lipstick shades in any local departmental store.
- Try to choose a color that match with natural color of your lips and also your skin tone.
- Lighter shades look good during daytime and darker shades at night time.
- Deep lipstick shades go well with light eye makeup and light natural shades go best with heavy eye makeup.
- Try to find a lipstick that looks good on you when you are without makeup.
- For dark skin tones use plum or wine shade and for light skin tones use caramel or deep pink.
- Women with large lips should use browns, purple and bronzes. Women with thinner lips one should go for light shades like Pink, Peach, and Apricot etc.
- Select shiny and darker shades if you are going to attend any party at night.
- Use lip liner close to your lipstick shade.
- You can even blend different shades of lipstick to get a new look.
Have you used REVLON Street Wear: Shine Divine Lip Color?
Sale starts at 4 p.m.today, don’t miss it. 🙂 – Rati