WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
My hair is pretty normal. It is not extremely greasy or dull or dry or anything of that sort. Just manageable and decent looking! So I have never bothered about shampoos too much. As long as it gets my hair clean, I’m happy! In fact, until Dove Shampoo came along, I was using Johnson’s baby shampoo. Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it girls, its one shampoo that is so gentle that anyone with normal hair would go gaga over it! One of the reasons for my hair being in such good health would be my bi-weekly hot oil treatments. Don’t freak out, it isn’t as bizarre as it sounds! I just heat up some almond oil (say about 3-4 tbsp) and slather it onto my hair! Then I dunk a towel into some warm water and wrap that around my head, turban style. I read a magazine or something for 20 minutes and then just shampoo my hair as usual, minus the conditioner. Ta da! Happy hair and happy Ki! 😀 However, I cannot resist anything from The Body Shop, so a few months back when I popped into the shop in Select Citywalk mall in Delhi, I couldn’t resist picking up the Olive Glossing Shampoo and conditioner!
TBS Olive Glossing Shampoo (Rs. 495 for 250ml) – For Normal to Dry Hair
What it promises:
- “A gently cleansing, gloss-enhancing shampoo that helps to moisturise and smooth the hair, leaving it shiny and healthy-looking.
- With regular use, it will help improve the condition of the hair.”
- Olive leaf extract – Helps add gloss to the hair. Has excellent antioxidant properties that help to protect the hair.
- Organic honey – Moisturises and helps condition the hair, aiding combing and adding shine.
I have been using this shampoo about three times a week for two months. What I liked about this shampoo:
- The quantity – It is a huge bottle of which I have not even been able to use even 1/4th despite regular use!
- The fragrance – It is a very gentle fragrance which I’m not quite sure how to describe. Very natural and not strong at all.
- It adds a subtle shine to my hair. Nothing over the top, like all the models for shampoo ads have, but I could make out a difference!
- It was very easy to rinse off – perfect for that quick shower and shampoo on mornings when you are in a rush!
What I did not like about this shampoo:
- If I wash my hair after an interval of 5-6 days (yes, I’m a lazy bum!), it is not that effective in cleansing my hair! That left me sorely disappointed. No more what extra perks a shampoo gives your hair, it should leave your hair squeaky clean and this shampoo was lacking in that area.
Would I repurchase? Nope. I’ll use it till it finishes but I’m alternating it with L’oreal’s Total Repair 5 shampoo which I like much better! My rating – :star: :star: :star:
The Body Shop Olive Glossing Conditioner (Rs. 545 for 400ml)
What it promises:
- A moisturising and gloss-enhancing conditioner that helps to smooth the hair.
- It helps to combat flyaway hair and recapture lost shine, leaving the hair looking glossy, healthy and full of body.
- With regular use, it will help improve the condition of the hair, whilst helping to protect it from environmental damage and heat styling.”
- Organic olive oil – Penetrates deeply into the hair shaft to very effectively moisturise and condition the hair, aiding combing and adding shine. Coats and helps protect the outer surface of the hair shaft, leaving it feeling soft and smooth.
- Organic Honey – Moisturises and helps condition the hair, aiding combing and adding shine. Helps protect and preserve the forest as well as providing necessary income for the beekeepers, an increasing number of which are now women.
- Olive leaf extract – Helps add gloss to the hair. Has excellent antioxidant properties that help soften, condition and protect the hair.
I used this along with the shampoo – Three times a week for two months. What I like about this conditioner:
- Again, the quantity is unbelievable – I use just a little more than a pea size amount per wash so I can foresee this lasting for ages!
- It leaves my hair very very soft. I love running my fingers through my hair after every wash!
- This too has contributed to that subtle shine of my hair! And when I use it with the L’Oreal Total Repair Five shampoo, I receive a lot of compliments on my hair! Yay! 😀
What I don’t like about this conditioner:
- Nothing really. But my brother commented that he doesn’t like the fragrance. I couldn’t make out anything wrong with it but those of you who have a very strong sense of smell may have a bit of a problem.
Would I repurchase? Yup! I love this conditioner!
My rating – :star: :star: :star: :star:
Have you tried The Body Shop’s hair care products?